Windows 7 Ending Support in Jan.2020

Tha Joker

Does anyone know if they will be giving a free upgrade again from Windows 7 Users to Windows 10 in Jan.2020 when they stop supporting Windows 7?

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

The Joker doesn't like technology.... who is this?!

source.gif

Spoiler

Some say 7 to 10 upgrades still work if you upgrade via ISO.

I wouldn't count on it, but technically we weren't supposed to be able to active 7 keys into 10 a long time ago so who knows if they follow through with it?

I think Microsoft wants you on the W10 ecosystem more than they want your $100.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I will never install that Windows 10 crap as a daily driver,

Is there a replacement for Windows 7?,no,not really,

Windows 8.1 is a meh.

So what do we do?,Linux,Hackintosh,Windows Server 2019 (free from crap except for slight telemetry)

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

I think Microsoft wants you on the W10 ecosystem more than they want your $100.

It's possible,They make tons of money from the third-party bloatware they automatically install on Windows 10.

There is also the telemetry data.

And that BS is also present on the $300 Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.

That will slow down the workstation for sure.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

2 hours ago, Vishera said:

It's possible,They make tons of money from the third-party bloatware they automatically install on Windows 10.

The bloat can be removed, and the telemetry is actually surprisingly easy to block at the router level.

But I won't fault you for hating 10. Not after an unwanted update to 1909 killed my ThinkPad, prompting me to get creative and install Linux to give myself a bootloader so I could get back into Windows and fix everything by...installing the 1909 update.

Yeah.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

14 hours ago, Tha Joker said:

Does anyone know if they will be giving a free upgrade again from Windows 7 Users to Windows 10 in Jan.2020 when they stop supporting Windows 7?

No they will not. You had your chance.

However, if you had the Get Windows 10 App under Windows 7, or you have an OEM license of Windows 7 or 8 then your upgrade license of Windows 10 should have be reserved, and you can upgrade to Windows 10 today. If you removed the Get Windows 10 App, or prevented to install, then sorry, you need to purchase it.

13 hours ago, Vishera said:

I will never install that Windows 10 crap as a daily driver,

Is there a replacement for Windows 7?,no,not really,

Windows 8.1 is a meh.

So what do we do?,Linux,Hackintosh,Windows Server 2019 (free from crap except for slight telemetry)

Windows Server is insanely expensive and has telemetry... like Windows 8, like Windows 7, like Windows Vista and XP (sorry to disappoint you.. it was all there, all enabled by default. But hey, it doesn't make click-bait YouTube Video's like it does on a current OS)

LOL!

Do you have any data to proof this? People on the forum did check and saw 0 performance drop, everything fell under margin of error.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows Server is insanely expensive and has telemetry

I said it has slight telemetry.

And i can get CD keys of Windows Server for $30.

and has telemetry... like Windows 8, like Windows 7, like Windows Vista and XP (sorry to disappoint you.. it was all there, all enabled by default

From a week of testing i did in the past there is no traffic between Windows XP,Vista and 7 (With no telemetry updates installed) to Microsoft

except when you update the OS , Windows Defender and use Internet time.

Do you have any data to proof this? People on the forum did check and saw 0 performance drop, everything fell under margin of error.

What did they compare Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?,To a different distro of Windows 10?

And yes there is a difference in performance with all the bloatware and unnecessary background processes.

Windows Server Doesn't have all that BS and performs better than a fresh install of Windows 10,

They perform the same when all the bloatware and crap is removed from Windows 10...

It's important to note that i had much better experience with Windows Server 2019 than with Windows 10,

Windows 10 is just awful and full of crap,Windows Server is very clean and only requires telemetry removal.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566