X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard ISSUES

LJA

Hi I've bought this board recently and I'm having three issues:

1. I can't really tell if it's using the XMP profile from my RAM (3000), it says in BIOS that it's using it, but I've never saw them reaching that speed. How can I check it to be sure?

2. The Chipset temps are really high, hoverin 74° and such in idle. 

3. The main SSD temps are horrendous, even with the big heatsink that comes with and the chipset heatsink above, around 60°/65° when idle. On the other hand the SSD in the back, while hot, it's around 45°50°.

These are the componenets of my RIG:

LIAN LI PC-Q39
Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
AMD Ryzen 3900x
NXZT Kraken X52
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB
AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 2TB (under the chipset heatsink)
SSD M2 NVMe INTEL 660p 2TB (in the back of the mobo)
1 HDD WDBlack 4 TB
ASUS STRIX 1080 ti
Corsair SF600

...and yes I know that my CASE is horrible for temps and doesn't have fans, but yet I thought that you could have this new GEN4 SSDs in even smaller cases like the Louqe, Sabre and similar.
What is the level of risk of operating with this temps constantly? any solution or idea will be more than welcome... if not I'm thinking of selling this new SSD or even leave the ITX stuff for good.

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5

36 minutes ago, LJA said:

1. I can't really tell if it's using the XMP profile from my RAM (3000), it says in BIOS that it's using it, but I've never saw them reaching that speed. How can I check it to be sure?

hwinfo64 is a useful tool and you can check all your speeds and voltages and other good stuff

37 minutes ago, LJA said:

The Chipset temps are really high, hoverin 74° and such in idle. 

The main SSD temps are horrendous

...and yes I know that my CASE is horrible for temps and doesn't have fans

it shouldn't be a serious risk at high temps, things will just throttle. chipsets typically run warm, but i'd recommend finding a way to get active cooling over your motherboard. I'm not familiar with the case or its fan layouts, but maybe a rear intake fan? if not, you could switch the x52 as intake instead of exhaust. it would be somewhat warm air moving over the mobo, but it would at least move more air over it than having the x52 as exhaust

4 hours ago, Derrk said:

hwinfo64 is a useful tool and you can check all your speeds and voltages and other good stuff

it shouldn't be a serious risk at high temps, things will just throttle. chipsets typically run warm, but i'd recommend finding a way to get active cooling over your motherboard. I'm not familiar with the case or its fan layouts, but maybe a rear intake fan? if not, you could switch the x52 as intake instead of exhaust. it would be somewhat warm air moving over the mobo, but it would at least move more air over it than having the x52 as exhaust

Seems that is not using the XMP profile, my prior 32 gb from GSKILL xmp worked flawlessly in my prior Asrock X570 board...damn

The 74° from the chipset is apparently a bad reading from HWINFO, yet it runs at 64° more or less, so is quite hot anyway

The Aourus GEN4 runs as hot as hell at 61° idle...seems that the chipset heatsink is quite a piece of junk even if I have put the SSD with its own heatsking underneath of it.

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5

51 minutes ago, LJA said:

Seems that is not using the XMP profile, my prior 32 gb from GSKILL xmp worked flawlessly in my prior Asrock X570 board...damn

64gb kit im assuming is a 4x16 kit? for whatever reason, DOCP struggles with 4 dimms. you might have to manually tweak the settings from DOCP for a stable overclock. Sometimes its as simple as adding just a little bit of voltage

55 minutes ago, LJA said:

The 74° from the chipset is apparently a bad reading from HWINFO, yet it runs at 64° more or less, so is quite hot anyway

64c isn't bad for a chipset. they tend to run warm. I wouldn't be concerned unless it starts reaching 90s under load. Also for whatever reason, a lot of software puts ryzen at 10c hotter than it actually is. I remember for ryzen 1000 and ryzen 2000 that apps like msi afterburner would read 10c hotter than ryzen master

58 minutes ago, LJA said:

The Aourus GEN4 runs as hot as hell at 61° idle...seems that the chipset heatsink is quite a piece of junk even if I have put the SSD with its own heatsking underneath of it.

61 is definitely warm for idle, but i still wouldn't be too concerned. It'll start to throttle around 70c but it won't damage itself. 

Only advice i can really give is to try to add a fan that passes over the chipset, even if you have to force a slim fan somewhere unusual

I will close this topic in order to make a more complete one regarding all the issues I'm having in general with my new RIG, thanks

Hi, I'm new, pardon my english BTW since it ain't my first language.

Well, first of all, the scenario...

I've been acquiring parts for an ITX build this last month and I've been trying and buying all sort of diff hardware. The main option was to make it around the Ryzen 9 3900x . I was waiting for the 3950x but I couldn't wait anymore. Worse when living in Argentina where everything is extremely expensive and difficult to obtain regarding PC hardware and this weekend we have elections with a pretty sure apocalypse in the horizon (once again), more than certainly our currency will be even more devaluated and would make even worse to buy stuff in dollars.

So in quite a frantic state I've bought these stuff:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

MOBOS:

Asrock  x570 itx TB3

Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wi-FI

RAM:

GSKILL Tridentz Neo 3600 32GB

Corsair LPX 3000 64GB

COOLERS:

Kraken X52

Corsair H100i v2

Noctua NHL12s (dman they've released black models just minutes before I've bought it haha)

SSDs:

INTEL 660p 2Tb

GIGABYTE Aorus GEN4 2TB

....and I've already  had: a LIAN LI PC-Q39 case (beautiful but pretty flawed case), an ASUS STRIX 1080 ti, a WD Black NVME 512Gb SSD, 2x WD HDD Black 4TB and a Samsung UJ590 4K 32 as monitor.

I really loved the ASROCK board, great board, but is quite annoying regarding the CPU cooling options and my  need of a second SSD while having the idea of ditching in time the HDDs because I want an smaller case in the future (aka Ghost S1 or similar) ended with me deciding to buy the Giga Pro WIFI. While putting on sale the ASROCK mobo, the GSKILL RAM and the CORSAIR cooler (BTW the three are still on sale, I still have them).

But I ended having quite a lot of issues with temps with the GIGA MOBO:

- I’ve changed the GSKILL RAM for the CORSAIR LPX in order to have more RAM (64GBs), than more speed, due to me doing more graphic design, etc, while thinking that low profile RAM would be better in the future if I can obtain a very small ITX  case.  But I find out the first issue with the Giga board: I can’t make the board effectively use the 3000 XMP profile. If anyone know any sort of workaround in the BIOS to make them work, thanks in advance! The specific model of the Corsair RAM is: CMK64GX4M2D3000C16

- Then I thought, ok, having all Giga, with that huge chipset heatsink plus the heatsink itself that already has the Aorus GEN4 SSD, let’s buy it, it will run really “fresh and cool”…well, it’s running hotter this SSD than the INTEL 660p one  in the back of the mobo. It’s running 60° or more idle with that huge heatsink that it cames with and that huge chipset heatsink above…any ideas of how to solve this temps issue? I’ve seen Wendell having the same combination in one of his videos, but I don’t recall him talking about this high temps.

- Finally the chipset is running quite hot too at 65° more or less. Quite hot.

I know that the LIAN LI PCQ39 with no fans, is quite a hot box, but I can imagine an even worse scenario if I can finally put my hands in a Louqe or similar. So I dunno what to do, to return to the ASROCK? but I would really miss the second SSD. In fact I loved this board, the TB3 and overall construction and BIOS of the ASROCK, bar the annoying CPU cooler options. But the KRAKEN will fit better in smaller cases in the future and I preffer it to the Corsair too. I've bought to a VANTEC external case (Model: NST-205C3-SG) for an extra SSD NVMe with the Asrock, but it just won't work

The thing is that I have just time till Saturday, because on Sunday with the elections, is almost a 99% probability of everything blowin up, so I have to move fast in my decisions, it will be my entertaining but also working rig, for more than probably quite a time. I couldn’t buy a 2K Monitor, nor change my GPU (thought I’m thinking of “downgrading” to a 5700XT or even Radeon 7), but the main stuff: Mobo+RAM I have to solve it.

So any help regarding any of the issues and advice of what route to take, I’ll be more than happy to hear, thanks in advance! Feel free to ask anything and sorry for such a long rant

5 minutes ago, Derrk said:

64gb kit im assuming is a 4x16 kit? for whatever reason, DOCP struggles with 4 dimms. you might have to manually tweak the settings from DOCP for a stable overclock. Sometimes its as simple as adding just a little bit of voltage

64c isn't bad for a chipset. they tend to run warm. I wouldn't be concerned unless it starts reaching 90s under load. Also for whatever reason, a lot of software puts ryzen at 10c hotter than it actually is. I remember for ryzen 1000 and ryzen 2000 that apps like msi afterburner would read 10c hotter than ryzen master

61 is definitely warm for idle, but i still wouldn't be too concerned. It'll start to throttle around 70c but it won't damage itself. 

Only advice i can really give is to try to add a fan that passes over the chipset, even if you have to force a slim fan somewhere unusual

Nope, is a two modules kit, 32Gb each module. I think it would certainly reach 70° under gaming or working, it's strange  with those two huge heatsinks that it can't run cooler...BTW thanks man, I've made a bigger thread with more stuff related to this, because I need to make a decision pretty fast before the end of the week due to special cirumnstances in my country.

6 minutes ago, LJA said:

I will close this topic in order to make a more complete one regarding all the issues I'm having in general with my new RIG, thanks

I have the same board.

XMP works in my case. Chipset usually around 50C.

I use Samsung 970 Pro. Idle at 35C. Never see it run higher than 50C even under heavy write.

Have you install the little chipset fan?

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

I have the same board.

XMP works in my case. Chipset usually around 50C.

I use Samsung 970 Pro. Idle at 35C. Never see it run higher than 50C even under heavy write.

Have you install the little chipset fan?

Hi, please I make a more comprehensive thread regarding my situation here: 

fell free to Contribute!

regarding your question here, if you've meant puting the chipset heatsink  with its fan above the SSD heatsink? yeap, Ive did it. I know GEN4 SSDs run hotter, but seems quite too much...if you like, let's continue in the other therad I've cerated, many thanks!

Is the Chipset fan plug in? Is it spinning? You can change the fan profile in the BIOS. By default it spins at around 3500rpm at idle.

I have only 2x16GB RAM. I do plan to upgrade to 2x32GB later.

For the ram, update the motherboard bios.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

For the ram, update the motherboard bios.

Good point. It should be on V4 now.

44 minutes ago, Deli said:

Is the Chipset fan plug in? Is it spinning? You can change the fan profile in the BIOS. By default it spins at around 3500rpm at idle.

I have only 2x16GB RAM. I do plan to upgrade to 2x32GB later.

Yeap it's spinning

Just now, LJA said:

Yeap it's spinning

Do you have another M.2 SSD? Try it in the main slot to see if the temp is better. May be the Auros Gen 4 is really hot. It cooks the chip set as well.

41 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

* Threads merged *

42 minutes ago, Deli said:

Good point. It should be on V4 now.

I'm using the latest BIOS I think: F6b

Just now, Deli said:

Do you have another M.2 SSD? Try it in the main slot to see if the temp is better. May be the Auros Gen 4 is really hot. It cooks the chip set as well.

Yeah I know it's a lot hotter, yet from many reviews not THAT hot..any GEN3 that I have will certainly run cooler.

20 hours ago, Deli said:

What speed the RAM is running according to CPU-Z?

I think I've solved it! at least this. Apparently this... mobo doesn't apply the XMP speed right away, you first have to sellect it and later manually change it...in fact I've put them above the advertized 3000, to 3200. I was used to just apply the XMP and right away I've got the advertized speed, this wasn't the case...to tell you the truth I didn't try to apply a 3200 speed without sellecting the XMP profile, so I dunno if it would work that way too.

1 minute ago, LJA said:

I think I've solved it! at least this. Apparently this... mobo doesn't apply the XMP speed right away, you first have to sellect it and later manually change it...in fact I've put them above the advertized 3000, to 3200. I was used to just apply the XMP and right away I've got the advertized speed, this wasn't the case...to tell you the truth I didn't try to apply a 3200 speed without sellecting the XMP profile, so I dunno if it would work that way too.

I just applied XMP on the easy mode in BIOS. Maybe the 32GB per stick is newer. You need to manually do some tweaking. Glad you get them to work, at least.

How the temp of the chipset and Gen 4 SSD? Find some solutions?

2 hours ago, Deli said:

I just applied XMP on the easy mode in BIOS. Maybe the 32GB per stick is newer. You need to manually do some tweaking. Glad you get them to work, at least.

How the temp of the chipset and Gen 4 SSD? Find some solutions?

Nope, still bad temps, I know I need better airflow, but seems that in some way both huge heatsinks interfere with each other, which  is odd (airflow or not airflow) because both are quite high end Gigabyte products that should work and be compatible with each other...the weekend i'll see what I can do, maybe installing everything again, try to find some way to add some fans, or well go back to the Asrock, but doesn't feel likely

BTW Newegg stoped selling to Argentina, the apocalypse is coming very soon hahaha, I guess they smelled the huge devaluation that will come after the Sunday Elections

NOTE!: the RAM ain't working in windows enviroment, it says that it is at 3200 in BIOS but actually not even Ryzen master show them at that speed...this is becoming frustrating