Hp ProLiant ML110 G6 (Server) - Intel Xeon x3430- Not Running At Full Turbo Boost Speed.

Hey. So I've got a Hp ProLiant ML110 G6 Server which has an Intel Xeon x3430 CPU and Nvidia Quadro 2000 GPU , so I tried to twak some settings on BIOS , activated the 'Turbo Boost' setting on BIOS and according to Intel's page (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/42927/intel-xeon-processor-x3430-8m-cache-2-40-ghz.html) which says it could be boosted to max 2.8Ghz with 'Turbo Boost' but I can't really get it beyond 2526.62-2527.00 MHz (http://prntscr.com/pmbtr6). It always stays at that speed, it never changes even a single Mhz. The temps are usually low but never gets more than 66C Degrees at full load with "Aida - System Stability Test" but usually It doesn't go more than 55C. So I do understand that this is a server and servers can't get overclocked. But I've seen someone successfully managed to get it at 3.3Ghz in the same exact server but with a little different cpu; Intel Xeon 3440 with a program called RWEverything that can help you change manually the PLL chip's bits values basically at the Clock Generator chip which leads to 'Overclocking of the cpu'. I'm not really tryna get 3.3Ghz speed but at least 2.8 Ghz or 3.0Ghz stable or whatever it's stable for my own server. I've tried to use that Program but it just doesn't start up. I'm getting an error which says "Driver cannot be loaded, re-install the program may fix the issue" in that program , tried every single version in their official site but none of them works it even starts up it still gives some errors. That guy already managed to get it 3.3Ghz changing these bits values  of the PLL Chip also the PLL Chip model is already found for Hp ProLiant M110 G6 Server by that guy, which I guess it is this one "cv183-2a" (https://www.idt.com/document/dst/cv183-2a-datasheet ). There's the link of that post: https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/4x7os9/how_i_succeeded_in_overclocking_on_a_motherboard/d732plm/ 
Also here's some test I did for 10 minutes with Aida's System Stability Test: joRQQ0a.png  Any help would greatly be appreciated!

the 2.8ghz turbo is for only somework loads and single threaded tasks, so thats normal not to see full turbo. Its not a garanted max speed. ch has an Intel Xeon x3430 CPU and Nvidia Quadro 2000 GPU , so I tried to twak some settings on BIOS , activated the 'Turbo Boost' setting on BIOS an

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

the 2.8ghz turbo is for only somework loads and single threaded tasks, so thats normal not to see full turbo. Its not a garanted max speed. ch has an Intel Xeon x3430 CPU and Nvidia Quadro 2000 GPU , so I tried to twak some settings on BIOS , activated the 'Turbo Boost' setting on BIOS an

So is there any way to Overclock the cpu? At least to 2.8Ghz or whatever it can handle it stable? I've stated there that some guy managed to Overclock it without the BIOS settings changing the manually the PLL Chip values in the same motherboard and PLL Chip but a little different cpu, is there any way I could do for the Intel Xeon x3430 CPU as well? Thanks for replying

Just now, bacKz said:

So is there any way to Overclock the cpu? At least to 2.8Ghz or whatever it can handle it stable? I've stated there that some guy managed to Overclock it without the BIOS settings changing the manually the PLL Chip values in the same motherboard and PLL Chip but a little different cpu, is there any way I could do for the Intel Xeon x3430 CPU as well? Thanks for replying

Not on your current board, atleast in the bios.

If you want to oc you need a board that lets you.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Not on your current board, atleast in the bios.

If you want to oc you need a board that lets you.

So can't really overclock it via the "PLL CHip" method?

2 minutes ago, bacKz said:

So can't really overclock it via the "PLL CHip" method?

you can try , but I think that board is locked, so no overclocking can be done.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you can try , but I think that board is locked, so no overclocking can be done.

Is there any help through it or no experience over "PLL Overclocking"?

• 4 years later...

Ok, if someone still interested in overclocking good old ML110G6 with xeons, it is posiible.
Motherboard has default setting for baseclock at 133mhz.

If you have Xeon X34xx series processor, all You need is SetFSB program, specially this version: setfsb_2_2_134_98.

1) In the Clock Generator DropDown list, select CV184-2APAG chip

2) Click Get FSB button, that will give You current values for FSB/DDR/PCI-E/PCI frequencies

3) Move the slider to a higher Value and click Set FSB button (in my Case X3470 works stable with FSB Set to 158 MHz).

4) Don't panic if it crashes and restarts, just let it reboot, it will probabbly work, in my case, it crashed PitchBlack just on the first flash of the chip(140MHz), after that it worked flawlessly every other setting of the values.

5) Testing: After setting a value, try it with prime95, max heat/stress, and let it work. If it freezes or gives you blue screen, reboot, lover the value, try again.

Don't be fulled if it gives You success at writing FSB of lets say... 180MHz, it doesn't really work unless you stress test it.
So start small (lets say 140MHz), stress test it, if it works, go higher, stress test it, if it works....if not, go down and find the value that works for you.

Not Every CPU is the same. Mine turbos at 3950MHz ON ALL CORES after setting FSB at 158MHz, yours might not, who knows.
Before SetFSB it turboed at 3192Mhz on all cores and didn't go any higher no matter what... Temps are stable 32-50 C, we use it as MySQL server now.
During Prime95 stress tests it didn't go past 70 C, and that test is intensive. Stock HP ML110G6 cooler with 10 year old thermal paste 🙂

Try it, find your setting that works. It also depends on the memory sticks, because when you move slider for FSB, it changes the memory speed to, but not PCI-e AND PCI frequency. So if your memory cant take the increase, system will crash. Mine are 1600Mhz sticks, so it seems memory multiplier is 10x, so I leave it at a safe value for my memory. If you have memory at 1333mhz, try it anyway it just might work with 140-150Mhz FSB settings.

DISCLAIMER:
DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.