Why did is Battery get Swollen?

I have (or had, it's in service center) a Panasonic Eluga Note, it's battery inflated. It worked fine as it was inflated but i don't wanna take a risk, it was bending the phone.

I know, that charging battery overnight used to be bad for battery, but for newer phones its fine. I heard, charging many times is bad, like how much? I charged like 3 times a day max.

Also, I think it's because of a gas in the battery, but my other phones are fine... im afraid about my other phones as well.

Thanks.

Most of the time it is a manufacturing defect in the battery that only surfaces later on in the devices life, sometimes it can be caused if the device is left on the charger for an extremely long time at 100% (like some iPads that are on display in some retail stores for months and months) and other times it is because of extreme stress and strain on the battery due to extreme heat or constant charging/discharging with lots of heat.

I would say that it was a manufacturing defect that got your device, your other devices should be fine as long as you use an official charger and charging cable.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Most of the time. it is due to undercharging or long use. Lithium batteries do ware out

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

3 hours ago, Husky said:

Most of the time it is a manufacturing defect in the battery that only surfaces later on in the devices life, sometimes it can be caused if the device is left on the charger for an extremely long time at 100% (like some iPads that are on display in some retail stores for months and months) and other times it is because of extreme stress and strain on the battery due to extreme heat or constant charging/discharging with lots of heat.

I would say that it was a manufacturing defect that got your device, your other devices should be fine as long as you use an official charger and charging cable.

Thanks dude, I just heard from them they'll replace the battery. Also...read below

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

How to prevent this?

• Do not leave charging when battery full
  • Do not fast charge
  • Do not use/charge device when hot
  • Do not leave device exposed to heat
  • Do not wait till battery is below 20%, before charging
  • When storing device long term, charge to 60-70% and shut down device

Do I have to follow these, I heard newer batteries don't mind when I charge overnight, and it charges till I wake up. Even Linus said he does it.

Do not wait till battery is below 20%, before charging

I've done this, not gonna lie.

When storing device long term, charge to 60-70% and shut down device

That is just not practical, wtf do I charge and then head out with my phone switched off? Can't call or do stuff xD

3 hours ago, Husky said:

16GB DDR4

Also dude, how bad is single channel 16gig dim for gaming?

3 hours ago, Faisal A said:

Most of the time. it is due to undercharging or long use. Lithium batteries do ware out

So you say that it's not for overcharging right? Cuz I did both. Edit:There tagged @Faisal A

Edited by Mr.Stork
Had to tag him as he says or she idk

33 minutes ago, Mr.Stork said:

Also dude, how bad is single channel 16gig dim for gaming?

Not too bad, but dual channel is preferred. I personally have 4 x 4GB DIMMs totaling 16GB of RAM

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

How old was the phone?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

It does, once battery is at end of charge voltage naturally no more current flows in.

BUT lithium batteries age quicker the higher the storage voltage, so leaving them at 100% for long periods is not ideal.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

How old was the phone?

I don't exactly remember, but I think I got it on 2017 (to use 4g that time when Jio enrolled - unnecessary details lol

20 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

BUT lithium batteries age quicker

What types of batteries are there, lithium ion and?

20 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

so leaving them at 100% for long periods is not ideal.

How long?

And again I forgot to @Faisal A

Edited by Mr.Stork
@