How do I set Photoshop to not make transparent sections black?

Hi. This is very frustrating, in Photoshop when I copy paste an image with a transparent bg it replaces it with black. How do I turn that off?

Here is an example. I google "dinosaur" because, dinos are cool! I want this image:

image.png.d5fc31d48ac3a0803fccad8163cbbcd4.png

But if I copy it to my clipboard, then paste it into Photoshop, I get this:

image.png.e22f3093d046ccaece570c5ef86454c4.png

Why? If I save the image, then open from the file it works just fine. I get what I wanted:

image.png.91dd351c47a82ea1158c453d8c31e362.png

How do I set Photoshop to give me that last image when I copy/paste? It would save so much time if I could copy/paste these images rather than save and load them.

Thank you!

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Haven't used Photoshop for ages, but iirc, if you paste image on a blank (white) page, it'll do this. If you create a new document and select it has transparent background, it should keep it transparent. Or try pressing command for "select all" (Ctrl+A I think) and then hitting delete to erase everything on page. Paste it then. Does that work?

17 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Haven't used Photoshop for ages, but iirc, if you paste image on a blank (white) page, it'll do this. If you create a new document and select it has transparent background, it should keep it transparent. Or try pressing command for "select all" (Ctrl+A I think) and then hitting delete to erase everything on page. Paste it then. Does that work?

Turning off the bg layer in a new file does not seem to make a difference, it's still adding the black.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

...wow, I've used Windows PCs for 20 years, never knew a program could open a web file by copy pasting the URL into the windows explorer box...

Thank you!