Gaming Headphones Recommendations

Willie4657

I am hoping to get headphones under $100

I already have a good desktop mic (Audio Technica AT2020)

I'm not that in need of amazing sound quality, my main concern is comfort.

I am currently using the default apple headphones and I'm miserable with the comfort and sound quality.

I am currently looking at the Razer Kraken 7.1 and Logitech G430 / G230

Thanks already. 

I am hoping to get headphones under $100

I already have a good desktop mic (Audio Technica AT2020)

I'm not that in need of amazing sound quality, my main concern is comfort.

I am currently using the default apple headphones and I'm miserable with the comfort and sound quality.

Thanks already. 

Koss UR22i

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

AudioTechnica ATH-M50's I love my pair, they are pretty comfortable too. 

Hd518, or 558 if you can stretch your budget by ~30$. There are other good, but Sennheiser headphones are of a really good quality and very comfortable. :)

I like the Hd558's, I might be able to strech my budget a little bit

Koss UR22i

Adding on to what I said, they're $30 to $40 and they have recording studio quality and they are comfortable to a degree I sort of forget I'm wearing them.

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

AudioTechnica ATH-M50's I love my pair, they are pretty comfortable too. 

They look good but are way above my budget, thanks for the recommendation though.

Another vote for the Sennheisers here, they be good.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

They look good but are way above my budget, thanks for the recommendation though.

I got my pair for $100, they go on sale really often and run for around $100 when on sale. 

I got my pair for $100, they go on sale really often and run for around $100 when on sale. 

Oh, ok thanks I saw the $150 price tag on amazon and didn't think of that

waaay too uncomfortable, at least for me. I have pretty average ears, and for me the pads are too small, and almost end up being on-ear, and the pads turn to stones over a few months. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

waaay too uncomfortable, at least for me. I have pretty average ears, and for me the pads are too small, and almost end up being on-ear, and the pads turn to stones over a few months. 

Ok, I have pretty small ears so they might be better for me. Thanks for the information though.

Ok, I have pretty small ears so they might be better for me. Thanks for the information though.

Also, I just asked a few audio guys around this forum yesterday, ATH-M50 is not good for gaming due to the lack of sound staging.

So, I'm planning to buy Sennheiser HD 558. You can get HD 518 for budget. Bear in mind, it's not a closed back headphones.

HD518, and SE-A1000 are both good choices too.

Another LPT, $150 is $50 to much for the M50. 

Also, I just asked a few audio guys around this forum yesterday, ATH-M50 is not good for gaming due to the lack of sound staging.

So, I'm planning to buy Sennheiser HD 558. You can get HD 518 for budget. Bear in mind, it's not a closed back headphones.

Just go HD518, after extensive personal test I found the bass response to be "better" on the HD518. Besides that they were identical. So go with the best  value.  

Any Sennheiser Headphones that fits your budget and needs will be great!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Just go HD518, after extensive personal test I found the bass response to be "better" on the HD518. Besides that they were identical. So go with the best  value.  

Thanks! I'm looking into the HD518's 

I'm just Gunna say the razer kraken pros are pretty comfortable with their really plush and soft padding. The custom ones pros a more comfortable but are much pricier at more than double those. And the RKP got hell's bass if u like dat. And at 80ish AUD they are very good price too performance. 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

IF you play FPS games you will want headphones that have good treble. I would recommend the ATH-AD700 but they are disconnected, if you can find some they are great great for gaming. 

IF you play FPS games you will want headphones that have good treble. I would recommend the ATH-AD700 but they are disconnected, if you can find some they are great great for gaming. 

I have a pretty loud house/family so I want closed ear so I can hear the game. Thanks for the recommendation though!

I have a pretty loud house/family so I want closed ear so I can hear the game. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Are you going to be pairing your headphones with an amp? You don't wont open headphones so I would suggest the HD 280 Pro or the Shure SHR440.

Are you going to be pairing your headphones with an amp? You don't wont open headphones so I would suggest the HD 280 Pro or the Shure SHR440.

I am not pairing them with an amp.

I have a new pair of 518's for $78 on sale. Very comfortable, a little bit more weighty coming from cheap lightweight headphones, There's definitely some clamp. You can alleviate this by storing them around a stack of books or something. Very cushy and great sound for under 100.

Edit: These are definitely not closed.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

a1000 > everything

Closed? Panasonic Htf600-s. They dont seal completelly tho. And definitly not isolating sound.