Is it legal to import a Swiftech H320 into the US?

Exactly as the title says. I know that Asatek says it violates a patent and they stopped the sale in the US but is it legal to own one in the US if you were to import it from Canada or other places?

Current Rig:
Intel core i7-4790k, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0, Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1, Corsair H100i, Kingston Hyperx Fury 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, WD Red 3TB (RAID 1), Corsair RM750, NZXT HUE, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe.

Yes it's legal. 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It's like importing an R34 into the US (if you speak JDM), but the exact opposite. It's completely legal, assuming customs accept it or don't catch it being imported.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

ooh this sounds like it'll be interesting.

I have no knowledge of yank law specifically but this is my bet:  It is illegal to import and sell in US or to sell to the US but not illegal if a friend sends you one. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's like importing an R34 into the US (if you speak JDM), but the exact opposite. It's completely legal, assuming customs accept it or don't catch it being imported.

but does importing an r34 infringe a patent law or just a companies desire not to make it officially available in the US?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

but does importing an r34 infringe a patent law or just a companies desire not to make it officially available in the US?

Importing a Nissan Skyline R34 before the terms of the 25 year Import Law applicable to that vehicle pass is a violation, and is subject to seizure by the appropriate customs and border authorities. It's just the US's take on various emissions and safety standards and what not, and applies to nearly all vehicles not produced domestically unless that vehicle has been granted a special title to pass within state borders. It's different north of the border here in Canada, but the same basic structure applies on vehicular imports. Anyways, the R34 specifically was only produced in Japan.

Comparing importing a computer component to importing a vehicle isn't the best analogy, but you get the jist of it. Be weary of the laws your state has written up regarding imports, because either way whatever you're bringing into country is checked by customs.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Exactly as the title says. I know that Asatek says it violates a patent and they stopped the sale in the US but is it legal to own one in the US if you were to import it from Canada or other places?

It is legal to own one, but not to buy one. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

well if you're not there you can't really import it....

It is legal to own one, but not to buy one.

why not...international shipping however its best to either know somebody to deliver it to you

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

If you buy it and have it shipped to the US then it is not illegal.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Importing a Nissan Skyline R34 before the terms of the 25 year Import Law applicable to that vehicle pass is a violation, and is subject to seizure by the appropriate customs and border authorities. It's just the US's take on various emissions and safety standards and what not, and applies to nearly all vehicles not produced domestically unless that vehicle has been granted a special title to pass within state borders. It's different north of the border here in Canada, but the same basic structure applies on vehicular imports. Anyways, the R34 specifically was only produced in Japan.

Comparing importing a computer component to importing a vehicle isn't the best analogy, but you get the jist of it. Be weary of the laws your state has written up regarding imports, because either way whatever you're bringing into country is checked by customs.

Interesting, as far as I know in Aus we can import any car we want so long as it meets two conditions, 1. it hasn't got any air conditioning attached (cfc's) and 2. it doesn't have cocaine stuffed in the seats. :D

Interesting, as far as I know in Aus we can import any car we want so long as it meets two conditions, 1. it hasn't got any air conditioning attached (cfc's) and 2. it doesn't have cocaine stuffed in the seats. :D

How about stashed in the tires?

OP, it's legal.

As someone whose family members import boats to race in, I'll have you know even though you can import nearly anything, getting it through the customs check in one piece is high improbable.

The usual problems are customs grinding/sawing off the sides fo trailers to fit more things into freight and storage areas, cutting fuel lines in the middle, cutting electrical cabling in the middle, cutting hydraulic lines and brake lines on trailers, slashing seats, chipping fibre glass. 

Getting something through in brand new condition is like winning the silicone lottery on a 4770k, sure people have done it before, but you know you will never be lucky enough to do it yourself.

LoL! I remember watching that show "Border Security"  and I just could not help but laugh when you said that.........Tthey follow those people checking passangers and luggage and shit at the airport. There was this chick who were travelling on her own and they took these drug scanning devices and it found traces of coke all over her luggage and they kept asking her quistions.....Then they went to a more advanced test and found NOTHING!

Weirdest thing ever. poor lady.

I HATE that parent law crap! Sorry, but apple really got the ball rolling in the wrong direction with that crap. This is ruining advances in technology every single day.

If all parent law worked like this in the past, claw hammers would be illegal based on the fact that the claw hammer copied the normal hammer.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

It's illegal to stock the h220 in the us. Ncix us is selling it because they are not keeping their h220 stock in the us. It's not illegal to sell it in the us. It's legal to own h220 and you can import cooler in the us

why not...international shipping however its best to either know somebody to deliver it to you

Pretty sure if you buy it internationally it'll just get taken off you at customs. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Pretty sure if you buy it internationally it'll just get taken off you at customs.

Nope I bought my Razer mamba and mech keyboard from the US nothing got taken off of me

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Nope I bought my Razer mamba and mech keyboard from the US nothing got taken off of me

Are they not allowed to be sold in the UK? 

Interesting, I heard that it wasn't allowed, but oh well. 

Well, the DOT here in the US checks all foreign imports to make sure no imports make it into the border illegally. The R34 is considered forbidden in the US by the DOT, but thankfully, the R33 is able to be imported legally, since it's been 25 years since it came out.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

As someone whose family members import boats to race in, I'll have you know even though you can import nearly anything, getting it through the customs check in one piece is high improbable.

The usual problems are customs grinding/sawing off the sides fo trailers to fit more things into freight and storage areas, cutting fuel lines in the middle, cutting electrical cabling in the middle, cutting hydraulic lines and brake lines on trailers, slashing seats, chipping fibre glass. 

Getting something through in brand new condition is like winning the silicone lottery on a 4770k, sure people have done it before, but you know you will never be lucky enough to do it yourself.

Wow, first I heard of such damage to imported goods,  I'd find a new shipping company.  Or take before and after photos then have them pay for the damage.

EDIT: because some of what you describe sounds purely like vandalism.

Wow, first I heard of such damage to imported goods,  I'd find a new shipping company.  Or take before and after photos then have them pay for the damage.

EDIT: because some of what you describe sounds purely like vandalism.

Yeah, It's customs, they wont cough up a penny for shit.

I'm gobb smacked they can do that and you don't have a leg to stand on.  It really doesn't sound legal. 

I'm gobb smacked they can do that and you don't have a leg to stand on.  It really doesn't sound legal. 

Well, when you challenge customs and actually pursue a resolution, all you're going to hear is bureaucratic horse shit and that it's for the 'greater good' and there could have been drugs in there..

Meanwhile, it took the retards 11 years to finally catch my next door neighbor importing $11,000,000 worth of cocaine dissolved into beer over from mexico. 

Damn, im happy out customs aren't like that.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

As far as I know any patent violation has not been established, simply claimed. Certainly I wouldn't expect NCIX US to sell both the H220 and H320 in the US if it were not legal to do so - http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=86340.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Well, when you challenge customs and actually pursue a resolution, all you're going to hear is bureaucratic horse shit and that it's for the 'greater good' and there could have been drugs in there..

Meanwhile, it took the retards 11 years to finally catch my next door neighbor importing $11,000,000 worth of cocaine dissolved into beer over from mexico.

I feel for you, bureaucracy is as bad as communism as far as I am concerned.