Fast boot a little TOO fast.

So I enabled the fast boot option in the gigabyte bios because normal boot takes around 15 seconds... Well fast boot is like 1/1000 of a second and now I can't even get back into the bios to change a few things. Are there any ways to boot into a bios without mashing the delete button?

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Not that i'm aware of.... just keep on clicking the del button when you turn it on

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

So I enabled the fast boot option in the gigabyte bios because normal boot takes around 15 seconds... Well fast boot is like 1/1000 of a second and now I can't even get back into the bios to change a few things. Are there any ways to boot into a bios without mashing the delete button?

haha sounds pretty funny actually i wish i had an ssd in my laptop but im fine waiting nearly a minute

mash that delete key

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Mash Away on the Delete Button.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

When you turn it on, turn it back off after a second or so. It should make it take longer for the BIOS.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Use the CMOS jumper to reset the BIOS.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Can't you just take the CMOS battery out and put it back in to reset BIOS options?

^^^ Or this.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Asus motherboards usually have a Directkey button which boots straight into the BIOS.... But you have a Gigabyte board, so just take out the CMOS battery like Konrath said.

I believe windows 8 has this fast boot thing that when you enable you cant enter bios unless you do it within the OS. so i would google how to reboot into bios (UEFI) from windows 8

@Cwazywazy has the perfect tip for you. Once you clear your CMOS the motherboard will ask you to press F1 to configure the BIOS and bam you are there. Also, just change the boot time to like 3 or 4 seconds and fast boot won't boot won't fast.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I can see how you can't wait 15 seconds for your computer to boot... Man we used to wait several minutes back in the days. Anyways reset CMOS if your motherboard doesn't have a hardware slow boot switch / jumper.

No such thing as too fast, we can go faster. But just spam the button to make it work. 

Most motherboards these days use a jumper set to default/reset.
Your motherboard manual will show you where and how to.
Your Specific Motherboard Manual can be viewed here - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4490#manual

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I encountered this problem last week. What i did was download [Fast boot] on Gigabyte App center. it has a button there that will restart your PC and go into your bios.

Hope that helps

While using the fast boot keep in mind that keep the USB POST & PS2 POST to Partial initalization. This means During the POST the ports to which the usb/ps2 mouse and keyboard is attached will be checked and then the system will boot into os. So you could enjoy fast boot time as well as go to the bios without problems. Also keeping a delay of 2-3 seconds might help a bit. :)