How to clean my PC?

Sargon

I have a duster I bought to use instead of compressed air cans.

The duster removes a lot of dust, but there is always a layer of dust that just sticks to the PC, from the outside and the inside.

The question is how do I make a through clean up of my PC.

I think one of my fans makes a bit of noises once in a while.

I know you can clean the internals of the PC with alcohol products, but I am not sure which one to use.

So is there a guide on how to clean the PC from outside, to fans to the inside?

4 minutes ago, Sargon said:

internals of the PC with alcohol products

i wouldnt recommend doing so on pcbs , the case and shrouds for components should be okay,  a duster is fine 

a higher pressure small compressor could help you clean your pc better if youre so keen on removing all the dust 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

17 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I know you can clean the internals of the PC with alcohol products, but I am not sure which one to use.

The best would be 99% isopropyl. You can rinse the motherboard with it or even with water if you're willing to wait for it to dry. You will need to completely disassemble the system and remove all power sources such as CMOS battery to do this so its probably not worth it unless its really dirty. Do not do this with any components that move, i.e. fans, unless you're willing to disassemble them and regrease them.

So without disassembling my only way to clean internal components is with compressed air or duster?

What about fans?

How to properly clean them without disassembling them?

Either invest in these overpriced air cans or get an electrical air compressor. These days they are available for cheap-ish and don't take much more space than a PC tower does.

If you cant remove the dust with air pressure, it's not dust and hence should be dealt with caution by a case to case basis.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

There is always a sticky layer of dust bellow the "normal" layer of dust. I think.

It's easy to remove with a towel, but a duster can't remove it.

Compressed air can and vacuum

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Where you have plastic surfaces, or some types of paint surfaces, and dust is clinging to them from static charge (not good around a computer anyway), use a dryer sheet to wipe the dust off. It'll work amazingly well. This is also handy if you do case mods on plastic parts with a dremel tool - the little plastic bits tend to become very staticy and cling to everything. The dryer sheet makes them come loose and they tend to get snagged up and trapped in the sheet very well.