Is this performance normal for my CPU?

Denyl

4.1 Ghz from what I see. I'm not very good with pcs but that's whagt cpuz says when I run it

Should be close to 4000 points. What temps does it get to? And is your RAM in dual-channel?

What programs are up and running during the benchmark?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

At a fixed 3.8GHz I score 3920.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 hours ago, nick name said:

What programs are up and running during the benchmark?

Just the browser. 

3 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

Should be close to 4000 points. What temps does it get to? And is your RAM in dual-channel?

It is dual channel but for some reason it stays at 2100 Mhz even they are clocked at 3000 Mhz

12 minutes ago, Denyl said:

It is dual channel but for some reason it stays at 2100 Mhz even they are clocked at 3000 Mhz

Enable XMP in Bios

18 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Enable XMP in Bios

Thank you very much, it solved it! Now I have 3967. Is there something I can do about the fan? It is very loud

I have the factory fan + other two fans of the case. It is not enough?

2 minutes ago, Denyl said:

Thank you very much, it solved it! Now I have 3967. Is there something I can do about the fan? It is very loud

I have the factory fan + other two fans of the case. It is not enough?

What factory fan? Do you mean cpu cooler?

On 10/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, EL02 said:

What factory fan? Do you mean cpu cooler?

yes, 

45 minutes ago, Denyl said:

yes, 

also 60-70 celsius is normal on idle for the cpu?

47 minutes ago, Denyl said:

Now, I may sound crazy here but this sounds like a cooler issue. Maybe somehow the stock thermal paste got wiped off and never replaced or you forgot to pull the sticker covering off before installing the cooler? That would explain it since those are temps I would expect for it to be under a moderate load.

2 hours ago, JacobeeGames said:

Now, I may sound crazy here but this sounds like a cooler issue. Maybe somehow the stock thermal paste got wiped off and never replaced or you forgot to pull the sticker covering off before installing the cooler? That would explain it since those are temps I would expect for it to be under a moderate load.

Wait, what sticker?

2 hours ago, JacobeeGames said:

My cooler had thermal paste already on it

14 hours ago, Denyl said:

Wait, what sticker?

There should be preapplied thermal paste but some manufacturers put a sticker overtop of it to prevent accidental removal of it before installation. I am not sure whether or not your cooler has that though, but yes those are really high temps for idle, should be more in the sub 40's at most

17 hours ago, Denyl said:

What are you checking your temps with? Use Ryzen Master. There is a +20C offset in many Ryzen temp reports (not sure if it's BIOS-dependent, or if they never removed it).

image.thumb.png.a61dac35a6e77203c44ab9f3948514f5.pngWith these numbers I am @31c idle. You should never be at 60-70c idle, that is REALLY high. 1 hour of gaming and you'll be at 85-90c and that's close to max. My CINEBENCH score is 3156.

image.thumb.png.fa1821bc8cd2303130fe00cc8d24edcd.png