AMD 32 bit?

Hello! I have an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 processor, the operating system is Windows 8.1 Enterprice x64.
From a real machine, 64-bit systems start up.
But I launched VirtualBox, when I start a 64-bit system in a virtual machine, it shows:
"This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected i686 CPU"
But how can I have an Intel 686 processor?
Does this mean that the AMD Ryzen 5 1600 processor is 32-bit? What kind of nonsense?
And there is one more problem. I have Intel Core2Duo E6200, the system is the same Windows 8.1 x64, Virtual Box, all 64-bit systems run fine.

no there might be issue with your windows installation. Did you fresh install windows on this machine, or is boot drive from other PC?

Might worth it reinstall windows and make sure you are installing in UEFI mode

2 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

no there might be issue with your windows installation. Did you fresh install windows on this machine, or is boot drive from other PC?

Yes, I used a hard drive with an installed system from Core2Duo. But on Core2Duo it works.

What is UEFI? I have a Gigabyte B450 AORUS M motherboard, AMI BIOS

dude

32 bit also known as i86, x86 , and a bunch more

64 bit aka Amd64 ,x64,  and a bunch more

no modern processor is 32bit, they are all 64bit. 64 bit is a extension to 32, that means it has both.

now lets get things straight, the amount of bits is the amount of memory space that can be allocated by your system to a Variable (a function by a program).

UEFI is a newer version of bios 

1 minute ago, DyachVt said:

What is UEFI? I have a Gigabyte B450 AORUS M motherboard, AMI BIOS

yah. so that could be the issue, that old Intel chipset drivers are still installed on the system, and VM software get conflicted information from both your current AMD chipset and also the old not running intel chipset.

And your old Core 2 duo era PC does not support UEFI boot. So your old windows installation is on a MBR partitioned drive, and your B450 is running CSM compatible mode to boot.

The best way would be make a windows installation USB with Windows Media Creation Tool, and reinstall with UEFI mode strict.

6 minutes ago, bdubbs said:

Is virtualization enabled in the BIOS. By default its usually disabled. 

Also this could be the issue too. Check if your AMD virtualization is enabled. It's called something like AMD NX and AMD SMT

Also, make sure you've selected a processor capable of 64 bit in your emulator, along with enough ram size.

Make sure Virtualization is enabled in BIOS, if there is such an option

Did you install the 64-bit version of VirtualBox?

6 minutes ago, bdubbs said:

Is virtualization enabled in the BIOS. By default its usually disabled. 

From what I've seen so far on AMD SVM(AMD-Vi) is enabled by default. Though that may be dependent on the motherboard manufacturer.

1 hour ago, TensorVortex said:

AMD SMT

I solved the problem. I should have looked at the instructions on the motherboard first.
It turned out I need to enable "SVM Mode".
"Virtualization enhanced by Virtualization Technology will allow a platform to run multiple operating systems and applications in independent partitions ...". The "SMT Mode" function is enabled by default.
This feature is located in
M.I.T
---- Advanced Core Settings
------- SVM mode
I could not think that the function is there. Does the single core settings control the virtualization of the entire processor?

1 hour ago, DyachVt said:

I solved the problem. I should have looked at the instructions on the motherboard first.
It turned out I need to enable "SVM Mode".
"Virtualization enhanced by Virtualization Technology will allow a platform to run multiple operating systems and applications in independent partitions ...". The "SMT Mode" function is enabled by default.
This feature is located in
M.I.T
---- Advanced Core Settings
------- SVM mode
I could not think that the function is there. Does the single core settings control the virtualization of the entire processor?

oh yah glad u got it

Yesterday, I still was able to start the installation of a 64-bit system. But I failed to install the system. I tried installing ubuntu server x64 12.04, 14.04, 16.04, 18.04, 19.04. I did not have other distributions. I used the distributions for the test, I have no task to install them. During installation, it shows errors in unpacking archives. But during installation on a real machine, there are no errors.
I tried installing ubuntu server 16.04 x86 on the virtual machine and the system installed normally.
I assume that the x64 processor is used as 32-bit in the virtual machine and therefore errors occur during the installation program. I think the errors are due to the incorrect processing of 64-bit numbers.
I did not think that there would be such problems with the AMD processor, since AMD is the founder of x64. But, until I turned on virtualization, it displayed as 32-bit. Now it does not work with 64-bit numbers.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:36 PM, DyachVt said:

Yesterday, I still was able to start the installation of a 64-bit system. But I failed to install the system. I tried installing ubuntu server x64 12.04, 14.04, 16.04, 18.04, 19.04. I did not have other distributions. I used the distributions for the test, I have no task to install them. During installation, it shows errors in unpacking archives. But during installation on a real machine, there are no errors.
I tried installing ubuntu server 16.04 x86 on the virtual machine and the system installed normally.
I assume that the x64 processor is used as 32-bit in the virtual machine and therefore errors occur during the installation program. I think the errors are due to the incorrect processing of 64-bit numbers.
I did not think that there would be such problems with the AMD processor, since AMD is the founder of x64. But, until I turned on virtualization, it displayed as 32-bit. Now it does not work with 64-bit numbers.

If you didn't have a fresh installation of windows old chipset drivers could be causing a problem. 

Ineed, the sudden jump from a core2duo system to a ryzen based system is quite the leap and probably caused a huge mess.

Fresh installs of windows are always preferred on a new build.

Now if you are worried about windows 10 not activating, there are places to go that are a little gray to get a new windows 10 license for cheap but it can be done.