Affordable laptop with Linux for uni

Just like in the title, I'm looking for something affordable but I have no real upper spending limit. 

Specs: standard gaming specs, will be mainly used to do basic programming in C but also for gaming. 

I'd also prefer it to have long battery life and pre-installed linux/a link to a guide that will help me out with installing Linux (school stuff) 

Please help me out and thanks in advance :) 

nvm this post

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

very affordable starting at over a grand lol

1 hour ago, Dualithe said:

I have no real upper spending limit. 

The OP wishes to game. I know very few "affordable" gaming laptops in general, much less those optimized for *nix, therefore, System76 seemed the logical solution

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

The OP wishes to game. I know very few "affordable" gaming laptops in general, much less those optimized for *nix, therefore, System76 seemed the logical solution

misread no real upper spending limit as if there was one ? sorry about that, bit distracted today it seems

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Thanks so much for the replies, keep 'em coming :). I'm gonna check out system76 for anything close to what I'm opting for

Basically the option that I' ve built goes around 3k usd, that's a little bit too much but at the same time I want to invest in it so it stays powerful for at least 3 to 4 more years (hopefully more). What do you think I should do? Also, Pop!_OS or Ubuntu?

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

misread no real upper spending limit as if there was one ? sorry about that, bit distracted today it seems

No harm done mate!

We all have off days. Mine off days end in "Y" but otherwise I'm on the ball

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Are you in china? Becoz in china all the Huawei laptops come with Linux instead of windows.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, Prof. Lucifer said:

Are you in china? Becoz in china all the Huawei laptops come with Linux instead of windows.

No, unfortunately. The good news is that I've decided on setting up a standard laptop on two different OSes. Thanks for all the replies, thought I owe you as much as an explanation. :)