TUTORIAL: Cloud Folding V2: 2 Days 2xGTX 1080 / Tesla V100/M60 F@H free! 1,4mPPD!

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So completely delete it or can I ‘reinstall’ FAHClient on ththe servers from google & cherry?

if you did initially configure F@H to autostart I recommend setting the whole server up from scratch. Faster than figuring out how to remove the autostart. If not only a FAH reinstall should be sufficient.

BTW: Currently working on Azure Cloud with a Nvidia M60

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

9 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So completely delete it or can I ‘reinstall’ FAHClient on ththe servers from google & cherry?

Dunno, did you enable autostart while configuring F@H initially?
Yes-> delete server

No-> just reinstall FAH

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

Dunno, did you enable autostart while configuring F@H initially?
Yes-> delete server

No-> just reinstall FAH

Yes I did as that was following the guide :P 

Ill pause the gtx server for now until I have time to redo it all (Found out by switching off it doesnt take any credit)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Seems to be working for me... Tho for me it said the price was 0,32 €/hour

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Seems to be working for me... Tho for me it said the price was 0,32 €/hour

Huh? I mean that's nice, but I want it cheaper to :D sure you got that one?: (+2xGTX1080 of course)

Spoiler

127270230_Bildschirmfoto2019-10-08um19_30_08.jpg.337473b6b880d2ec96ed1179a57f1887.jpg

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

Huh? I mean that's nice, but I want it cheaper to :D sure you got that one?: (+2xGTX1080 of course)

Hide contents

127270230_Bildschirmfoto2019-10-08um19_30_08.jpg.337473b6b880d2ec96ed1179a57f1887.jpg

2x 1080, yes

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

1 minute ago, Mihle said:

2x 1080, yes

Well that's funny. Lucky you 

Unless there is some points problems again, I am not getting the points I am supposed to.

If I wrote in the wrong passkey, would it have prompted me that it was wrong? Was I supposed to get a new passkey or do as I did and use the same one? Anyway to change the passkey or check if Input in the right name with some commands?

A day worth of credits wasted if I did something wrong

EDIT: folding page just says 1 active client on me, so I did something wrong. How do put in the info like name again or check if I typed it wrong?

One day worth of credits wasted as I can't do anything about it next 10 hours untill I am home....

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

Unless there is some points problems again, I am not getting the points I am supposed to.

If I wrote in the wrong passkey, would it have prompted me that it was wrong? Was I supposed to get a new passkey or do as I did and use the same one? Anyway to change the passkey or check if Input in the right name with some commands?

A day worth of credits wasted if I did something wrong

EDIT: folding page just says 1 active client on me, so I did something wrong. How do put in the info like name again or check if I typed it wrong?

One day worth of credits wasted as I can't do anything about it next 10 hours untill I am home....

So I had the same.. Followed the guide to the T.

all you need to do is login via their client portal and switch the server off / delete it - this way you will loose no credit and can do it on your own time ( the GTX servers)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

31 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So I had the same.. Followed the guide to the T.

all you need to do is login via their client portal and switch the server off / delete it - this way you will loose no credit and can do it on your own time ( the GTX servers)

Ah, forgot I could do that from not being home, thank you

-Stephen Hawking

Tried to redo everything, still doesn't work. It does fold but I don't get any points on any of the stats pages for it. And still says one active client while it should make it 2.

This is what it says when one folding finishes, have no idea if it's what supposed to look like or not:

1896434742_Foldingathome.png.87d33eac3b9bb03442c4d1b62448191f.png

-Stephen Hawking

8 hours ago, Mihle said:

Tried to redo everything, still doesn't work. It does fold but I don't get any points on any of the stats pages for it. And still says one active client while it should make it 2.

This is what it says when one folding finishes, have no idea if it's what supposed to look like or not:

1896434742_Foldingathome.png.87d33eac3b9bb03442c4d1b62448191f.png

looks got! WORK:_ACK and final credit estimate and a new start of the next WU are always a good thing!

BTW: I updated the Guide: 

2 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

looks got! WORK:_ACK and final credit estimate and a new start of the next WU are always a good thing!

BTW: I updated the Guide: 

But it didn't work tho... I didn't get any points....

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Mihle said:

But it didn't work tho... I didn't get any points....

the I guess your config is wrong. Maybe wrong user/team/passkey?

54 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

the I guess your config is wrong. Maybe wrong user/team/passkey?

Neither of those three is wrong unless it is itself not broken and registers wrong. Have done it two times and neither time worked. If it still somehow is the case the name could be the only thing that make it act as it does. If name is correct and passkey is wrong it should still give points but much less, but it gives zero. Nada. If the name is right and team is wrong, it should still give points to me but not the team.

Is there any command for checking what it is using tho?

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

Neither of those three is wrong unless it is itself not broken and registers wrong. Have done it two times and neither time worked. If it still somehow is the case the name could be the only thing that make it act as it does. If name is correct and passkey is wrong it should still give points but much less, but it gives zero. Nada. If the name is right and team is wrong, it should still give points to me but not the team.

Is there any command for checking what it is using tho?

i dont know a command but username and team should be somewhere in the logs

did you make sure it is running and automatically staring?

4 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

i dont know a command but username and team should be somewhere in the logs

did you make sure it is running and automatically staring?

Autostart is off as you wrote, but as you see in the image, it was running

-Stephen Hawking

5 hours ago, Mihle said:

Autostart is off as you wrote, but as you see in the image, it was running

You have to enable it! See my updated guide. This is presumably why you get lower/no PPD. Sometimes FAH stops running when logging of from SSH and not having it configured to be on autostart.

14 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

You have to enable it! See my updated guide. This is presumably why you get lower/no PPD. Sometimes FAH stops running when logging of from SSH and not having it configured to be on autostart.

But it did finish a WU but got zero points, not few, actually zero, 0. Only says 1 client the last 7 days (my desktop).

Will try one last time later today tho...

-Stephen Hawking

5 hours ago, Nicnac said:

This is a pretty cool idea! thanks for sharing! will try that out this weekend

Be sure to follow the updated guide!

MUCH simpler and all in one post!