Camgirl wants a 17" laptop ryzen based if possible

So as the title stated she wants a 17" laptop preferably a Ryzen based cpu but will compromise to any 4 or 6 core performance, up to a 1TB SSD, (1TB HDD optional) and really fast switching between apps with an awesome display for movies with at least 3 or 4 usb ports and be able to hook it up to a flat screen TV. Her favorite color is royal purple but we think we can just get a skin for it. Budget as close to $1000 or under for an older models or refurbished but a few hundred over for what she wants is good but the cheaper the better. Basically watch movies and hook up external keyboard , mouse and a few webcams, powerful enough to keeps lots of sites and incoming streams open.

6 minutes ago, Waikiki Smoke said:

So as the title stated she wants a 17" laptop preferably a Ryzen based cpu but will compromise to any 4 or 6 core performance, up to a 1TB SSD, (1TB HDD optional) and really fast switching between apps with an awesome display for movies with at least 3 or 4 usb ports and be able to hook it up to a flat screen TV. Her favorite color is royal purple but we think we can just get a skin for it. Budget as close to $1000 or under for an older models or refurbished but a few hundred over for what she wants is good but the cheaper the better. Basically watch movies and hook up external keyboard , mouse and a few webcams, powerful enough to keeps lots of sites and incoming streams open.

I guess this would be enough. 
You can always ditch the hdd and get an ssd. esp for the 500$ it sells for.
https://www.amazon.com/HP-BrightView-i5-8250U-Quad-Core-Bluetooth/dp/B07845JXDD?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

Actually, the 2tb being 5400rpm, Do please buy a 1tb ssd to fit in there.

Spoiler

I don't see why we need to know it's for a camgirl, but I guess I don't know how to end this sentence.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

I guess this would be enough. 
You can always ditch the hdd and get an ssd. esp for the 500$ it sells for.
https://www.amazon.com/HP-BrightView-i5-8250U-Quad-Core-Bluetooth/dp/B07845JXDD?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

Did you read the OP at all? This is as far off and as bad as possible. Please, if you're going to blatantly ignore anything written in the OP, just don't respond at all, especially with horrible suggestions which would only serve to waste money.

8 minutes ago, Waikiki Smoke said:

17.3' means your options are fairly limited to lower end gaming laptops since premium 17' machines tend to cost a lot more. I'd say look at the Asus FX705 or Lenovo Legion Y540 17.3' models. They're reasonably good, decently cooled and will offer better durability than the commodity junk you'd usually find in this price range. Make sure you get a model with a 1920x1080 IPS display. Anything lower is going to be horrible.

23 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Did you read the OP at all? This is as far off and as bad as possible. Please, if you're going to blatantly ignore anything written in the OP, just don't respond at all, especially with horrible suggestions which would only serve to waste money.

I didn't see the laptop wasn't 17" it's literally the only difference here.

But sure, pretend like I'm unworthy of being here or something. 

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

This title amuses me.  

At that price range I think your best chance is to find one on sale.  That usually means one major component is previous gen our about to be previous gen, but they are usually great deals.  Check out sites like BGR, Gizmodo, etc that will list deals for the day or any browser extensions that do the same.  Also, punish Amazon search as well as Newegg and sometimes eBay.  

1 hour ago, givingtnt said:

Sorry to have offended your camgirl dreams.
I didn't see the laptop wasn't 17" it's literally the only difference here.

But sure, pretend like I'm unworthy of being here or something. 

Well it isn't just that it's a smaller screen, but a terrible screen.  No SSD.  And I imagine it won't be great under the punishment a camgirl (consider the requirements of streaming) might force upon it.  It is that awesome purple tho so I can see what you mentioned it.  Colored laptops like that are usually "disposable" laptops that are garbage.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

Well it isn't just that it's a smaller screen, but a terrible screen.  No SSD.  And I imagine it won't be great under the punishment a camgirl (consider the requirements of streaming) might force upon it.  It is that awesome purple tho so I can see what you mentioned it.  Colored laptops like that are usually "disposable" laptops that are garbage.

I mean, webcam streaming doesn't put a big load on the laptop.
but meh, doesn't mean I can't suggest it. 

Are colored macbooks throaway garbage ? (yes)

4 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

I mean, webcam streaming doesn't put a big load on the laptop.
but meh, doesn't mean I can't suggest it. 

Are colored macbooks throaway garbage ? (yes)

Instead of derailing the topic left and right, focus on the thermally limited and power-restricted CPU you offered - it's nowhere near good enough for several streams and poweruser browsing. I should know, I own a quad-core ULV laptop. An H-series CPU is mandatory.

21 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Instead of derailing the topic left and right, focus on the thermally limited and power-restricted CPU you offered - it's nowhere near good enough for several streams and poweruser browsing. I should know, I own a quad-core ULV laptop. An H-series CPU is mandatory.

its webcam streaming not fortnite, you could do this garbage on a first gen core laptop

get off your high horse bucko

58 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It's not "mandatory". Considering that an 8th gen i5 such as an 8259U can easily beat an i7 7700HQ while having a much lower TDP and considering the use of the laptop an H cpu is not mandatory, also laptops, from my experience with such "H" processors always have shorter battery life if not much shorter battery life compared to an intel processor than ends in U and when you get a laptop you probably don't want to rely on an outlet. Also an i5 8400H has similar performance to an i5 8259U. Also H series CPU's are as likely if not more likely to be thermally limited and power restricted as they require even more cooling to support the hardware, therefore a bigger or more fans come in and thicker and heavier heatsinks also come in and you're basically getting a heavier, hotter laptop with a higher power consumption. Your argument that an H series processor is mandatory is completely worthless.

OP:

Here's a laptop, fits under the budget

HP 17-ca1500na

Comes with a ryzen 5 3500U

16gb of ram

1TB 5400RPM hard drive

256gb SSD

17 Inch screen

16 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It's not "mandatory". Considering that an 8th gen i5 such as an 8259U can easily beat an i7 7700HQ while having a much lower TDP and considering the use of the laptop an H cpu is not mandatory, also laptops, from my experience with such "H" processors always have shorter battery life if not much shorter battery life compared to an intel processor than ends in U and when you get a laptop you probably don't want to rely on an outlet. Also an i5 8400H has similar performance to an i5 8259U. Also H series CPU's are as likely if not more likely to be thermally limited and power restricted as they require even more cooling to support the hardware, therefore a bigger or more fans come in and thicker and heavier heatsinks also come in and you're basically getting a heavier, hotter laptop with a higher power consumption. Your argument that an H series processor is mandatory is completely worthless.

The ULV is not magic. It's just as power hungry as the 8300H as it is the EXACT same core design. Claiming the 8250U is somehow better than the 8300H/7700HQ is incredibly deceptive and dishonest. Under normal TDP restrictions, the 8250U is up to 50% slower since it can barely hold 2GHz, compared to the over 3GHz of the other two CPUs mentioned before. Battery life is also extremely similar under moderate load as the efficiency curve between the CPUs is also identical. Instead of being immature and attacking others, use proper source and deductive reasoning

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The ULV is not magic. It's just as power hungry as the 8300H as it is the EXACT same core design. Claiming the 8250U is somehow better than the 8300H/7700HQ is incredibly deceptive and dishonest. Under normal TDP restrictions, the 8250U is up to 50% slower since it can barely hold 2GHz, compared to the over 3GHz of the other two CPUs mentioned before. Battery life is also extremely similar under moderate load as the efficiency curve between the CPUs is also identical. Instead of being immature and attacking others, use proper source and deductive reasoning. lul

Sorry to inform you but I don't just invent the performance and estimate whatever I think it's right. Here's my "proper sources". And also everyone else seems to disagree with you? I really wonder why? It can't be because you may be wrong?

image.png.439e718a522dce89193bc24d6e3aed1b.png

image.png.e203c65dbb07d0c9e10408b9d28d96b9.png

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Sorry to inform you but I don't just invent the performance and estimate whatever I think it's right.

His estimates fall inline with what the TDP constrained performance numbers should be. And from what i can recall its pretty spot on.

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Here's my "proper sources".

Ah yes. Userbenchmark. A pretty bad tool when it comes to comparing CPUs, especially when it comes to HEDT or ULV parts. 

I do appreciate all the help and tips even the useful banter is informative. It seems we may have to up the budget to under $2000  maybe for better options

4 hours ago, Waikiki Smoke said:

Webcams and watching videos don't tend to require lots of cpu performance, even with multiple displays. The demands of having multiple apps in the background will strongly depend on the apps themselves. If its largely browser tabs, video player and Office applications, a Quad core would be sufficient so long as you have plenty of RAM. If games are involved, you'll need to consider the GPU.

Further, 17" laptops are a genuine rarity nowadays, and as a criteria, drastically restricts your options to largely expensive gaming laptops (which sound as though they'd pretty much go to waste anyway). As it is intended for use with multiple displays, could the 17" requirement be dropped?

Given the information I have, an AMD Razen based APU sounds like it would fit the bill, as far as CPU is concerned. It would also leave good headroom if lightweight gaming (thinking Sims 4) is considered. Though again, I can't think of any 17" laptop with a Ryzen APU, so please strongly consider dropping the 17" criteria.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

37 minutes ago, Waikiki Smoke said:

I do appreciate all the help and tips even the useful banter is informative. It seems we may have to up the budget to under $2000  maybe for better options

If you're going that high then you can really get whatever you want.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case