H710 Build x72 Front or Top

ssingh12

Hey guys,

Building my first PC and I'm using a H710. My question is does it matter if I mount the x72 on top or the front. I was leaning towards the front for pure aesthetics because the case covers the fans. Would you guys be able to tell me how my airflow should be for the rest. I'd be using 3x120 on the top and 1x140 in the back. I'm more than open to changes as this is my first build and I don't have much experience. 

here is my pc partmaker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ssingh12/saved/#view=B9krVn

On 10/4/2019 at 11:43 PM, ssingh12 said:

Hey guys,

Building my first PC and I'm using a H710. My question is does it matter if I mount the x72 on top or the front. I was leaning towards the front for pure aesthetics because the case covers the fans. Would you guys be able to tell me how my airflow should be for the rest. I'd be using 3x120 on the top and 1x140 in the back. I'm more than open to changes as this is my first build and I don't have much experience. 

here is my pc partmaker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ssingh12/saved/#view=B9krVn

TLDR; It makes very little difference, but experiment a bit to see what works best for your system.

Some people swear by top mounted radiators because it keeps their GPU cooler and they see no CPU temp benefit. Others will tell you a front mounted rad will have a noticeable CPU temperature improvement with almost no GPU heatsoak from the radiator. There are stili others who will say that either configuration will have a negative impact on the CPU if top mounted or GPY front mounted, so you should prioritize which temperature you care about more. In all instances, the case, the GPU, the CPU and the CPU cooler (though this is mostly about the fans and their RPM's, as most AIO's use the same pump and similar radiators so the performance comes down to the fans attached) are the biggest deciding factors, as no two systems are alike. The best answer is to try it in one configuration and run some stress tests, then put it in the other configuration and run the smae tests and compare numbers. (Make sure your ambient temps are the same)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25