Windows 10 quick questions after upgrade...

Rien102

Finally installed Win 10 on my Win 7 machine this morning (tks to comments by @GoodBytes here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1090983-windows-7-to-windows-10/?tab=comments#comment-12783900 , I did it for free too!) 

Anyhow, 2 things annoys me right now...  First, I have dual monitors and at the top, at the point delimiting the two monitors, it's like there is a "little peg" that protrude like this:1761730951_14888DBF-6DE3-4655-BD53-532392472DC6.jpg.903cec92d04c5a40e3b642f4a4552ab1.jpg

I find that very annoying when bringing a window from one screen to another (it wasn't like that with Win 7.  Does anyone knows how to remove that "peg"?  (I don't know how to call that...   French speaking native here...)

The second thing is about my monitor.  As you can see on the picture that follows, the  display doesn't go to the edge of the monitor since I upgraded to Win 10 (it was going all the way to the edge with Win 7).  Does anybody knows how to make it go to the edge?

bordure.jpg.1875fe8a5c9710778fa5819b3d9e4dd5.jpg

Tks in advance

Ben

go in monitor settings osd and change the fill and fit options till it fits to the edge?

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Also, make sure your screen resolution is correct. If all is fine, then see if you are using HDMI, if you are, then you have an underscan issue, which you need to fix in the graphics card control panel. Underscan and Overscan (image to small or too big) is an issue of HDMI as it was never designed for PCs.

@GoodBytes  That was exatcly that!  tks!

Do you know about the kind of little "peg in between the two monitors, at the top"?

12 minutes ago, Rien102 said:

@GoodBytes  That was exatcly that!  tks!

Do you know about the kind of little "peg in between the two monitors, at the top"?

I sadly don't know what you mean. Is the peg visible? or is it your cursor not crossing the screen easily?

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

or is it your cursor not crossing the screen easily

this.  It's like it "hit a little peg"  I need to drop the mouse about 25 pixels to be able to make the mouse go from monitor X to monitor Y.  Otherwise, it stays stuck at the corner of the monitor... (i.e. hence the word "peg"...)

8 minutes ago, Rien102 said:

this.  It's like it "hit a little peg"  I need to drop the mouse about 25 pixels to be able to make the mouse go from monitor X to monitor Y.  Otherwise, it stays stuck at the corner of the monitor... (i.e. hence the word "peg"...)

So there are 2 things. First, since Windows 8, there is a small stop when you move the cursor from one screen to another at the top which will eventually make the cursor switch displays but need to push a bit more the cursor. The stop is not big, but it is designed to help to quickly close a maximized app on one display and not have the cursor switch display and you miss click.

The other, is that cursor doesn't cross no matter what, and that is due to monitor alignment issue on Windows display settings (or graphics card control panel). You adjust the displays under Start > Settings (gear icon) > System > Display. The screen that you see can be moved up or down. Same in the graphics control panel. Please note that if you want no issue top and bottom you want both display to run at the same resolution. So make sure both monitor resolution is set correctly.

It is the little stop you talked about (since Win 8).  Can it be removed (to have an experience like I had with Win 7) or is it now a feature of my new life with my new operating system?