Help on Ducky One 2

hohoho

Hi everyone,

Anyway, I am looking into getting my first mechanical keyboard and I'm quite excited about it. Here are a few things that are important or I need help on.

• Location Germany
• Price: sub 200€ would be great, but could stretch a little further
• TKL layout
• Minimal, grey look
• Lighting is not necessary, but would be a nice touch, same as a wireless connection (could be added later on)

I quite like the look of the Ducky One 2 TKL keycaps, but the base/case could look better. I thought about using the pcb, keys and keycaps of the Ducky, but put them into another case. I like the look of this one, however I could not find it in Germany yet.

Has anyone got a possibility to this, either through a case or a different keyboard? I do know the basics of soldering if that question would come up.

Thank you very much in advance!

Check out candykeys, they are a mechanical keyboard distributor out of Europe that also serves as a EU proxy for a lot of keyboard group buys and small distributors. 

yeah that white base if fucking ugly

i had an old ducky shine II just go out of commission and i was window shopping duckies, looks like im not touching ducky for awhile.

the ducky akko doesnt have it but i already fell in love with hall effect switches so i think im done haha

https://www.amazon.com/Akko-Ducky-Mechanical-Keyboard-Interface/dp/B07P7CYRMN?th=1

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

honestly ducky has been slacking in the past few years and mx switches are just not that great.

I recommend a Wooting one Analog keyboard

it uses hall effect switches, and i didnt buy it for the analog, i like linear switches and these are some of the smoothest linear ever. Not to mention you can set an actuation point. Low or high which is good. I dont ever use the analog function other than for that.

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

3 hours ago, hohoho said:

Hi everyone,

Anyway, I am looking into getting my first mechanical keyboard and I'm quite excited about it. Here are a few things that are important or I need help on.

• Location Germany
• Price: sub 200€ would be great, but could stretch a little further
• TKL layout
• Minimal, grey look
• Lighting is not necessary, but would be a nice touch, same as a wireless connection (could be added later on)

I quite like the look of the Ducky One 2 TKL keycaps, but the base/case could look better. I thought about using the pcb, keys and keycaps of the Ducky, but put them into another case. I like the look of this one, however I could not find it in Germany yet.

Has anyone got a possibility to this, either through a case or a different keyboard? I do know the basics of soldering if that question would come up.

Thank you very much in advance!

I would recommend the Leopold Fc750r. It comes with the best caps on a sub 150$ prebuilt you can get. (Thick 1.5mm Cherry profile doubleshot pbt caps). The caps are much better than Ducky's as they are in a subjectively better profile (Cherry vs OEM), thicker, and are made from pure pbt (vs PBT on POM) and have sharper legends and cleaner injections. 

https://mykeyboard.eu/search/?q=leopold
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?c=171&l=product_list