Red Dead 2 PC Nov 5th

Thready
Just now, Video Beagle said:

I've never bought a new AAA release, so I don't know. :D (I'm not really a gamer much, but I've been wanting a cowboy game for a long long time)

It varies slightly by country but around 60-70 is pretty common, its €70 here in Ireland

is this the game where you can feed feminists to crocodiles? I don't know if I want to pay full price for just that feature.

For anyone who hasn't play Red Dead Redemption but wants to, it's on Sony's PlayStation Now streaming game service. I just took the trial week offer to play GoW and Uncharted 4 on my PC, and it has lots of good games I've never had the chance to play because I don't own a console. Red Dead Redemption is among the available games.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

For anyone who hasn't play Red Dead Redemption but wants to, it's on PlayStation Now's streaming game service. I just took the trial week offer to play GoW and Uncharted 4 on my PC, and it has lots of good games I've never had the chance to play because I don't own a console. Red Dead Redemption is among the available games.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/

I honestly never knew that was a service Sony provided. Doesn't look like it's available in Australia though.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 hours ago, Spotty said:

I honestly never knew that was a service Sony provided. Doesn't look like it's available in Australia though.

No it's not.

PlayStation Now is currently available in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United States and the United Kingdom

Source: Wikipedia

Basically it's just Sony being Sony. It's crazy that the list of counties hasn't expended considering that the service has been available since 2014...

The original post should be updated now that they released the PC requirements.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has been specifically developed to perform on a wide range of machines:

Minimum Specifications:

• Processor:  Intel® Core™ i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
  • Memory:  8GB
  • Graphics Card:  Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB 
  • HDD Space:  150GB
  • Sound Card:  DirectX compatible

Recommended Specifications:

• Processor:  Intel® Core™ i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 
  • Memory:  12GB
  • Graphics Card:  Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
  • HDD Space:  150GB
  • Sound Card:  DirectX compatible

I was expecting the requirements to be higher. Actually the only high aspect for me is the 150GB of storage. It will be a pain to download for me.

Skip if semi-noticeable Interpolation bothers you.
Enjoy if imagination trumps curiosity.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 10/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, IAmAndre said:

The original post should be updated now that they released the PC requirements.

I was expecting the requirements to be higher. Actually the only high aspect for me is the 150GB of storage. It will be a pain to download for me.

Expect a shitty console port.

2 hours ago, Bacon soup said:

Expect a shitty console port.

Absolute bullshit.

Since the GTA IV debacle Rockstar learned a huge lesson and every PC release since has been nothing short of spectacular. I expect nothing less from RDR2, full 4K textures, every graphics option you could ever want and more besides, bug free gameplay (since the initial PC release will already contain all the console patches).

The PC port will be the pinnacle port.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

10 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Absolute bullshit.

Since the GTA IV debacle Rockstar learned a huge lesson and every PC release since has been nothing short of spectacular. I expect nothing less from RDR2, full 4K textures, every graphics option you could ever want and more besides, bug free gameplay (since the initial PC release will already contain all the console patches).

The PC port will be the pinnacle port.

You set expectations to high, I set mine to low. Let's see who will be pleased and who will be disappointed 

1 hour ago, IAmAndre said:

Why?

A wise man named homer Simpson once said that you cannot fail if you do not try.

6 minutes ago, Bacon soup said:

A wise man named homer Simpson once said that you cannot fail if you do not try.

Whatever.

15 minutes ago, Bacon soup said:

You set expectations to high, I set mine to low. Let's see who will be pleased and who will be disappointed 

No, I set my expectations based solely on previous experience and given Max Payne 3 and GTA V were both amazing ports I see no reason why RDR2 wouldn't follow suit.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro