Monitor for competitive gaming

johnsonwild
1 hour ago, RelativeMono said:

1080p native is sharper than 1080p on a 1440p monitor

it's the exact same if the monitor scales it correctly, like the AD27QD

and you cant play 1440p 144hz monitors at 200hz 1080p are you two trolling?

even if you can't what would be the point? it's not about a monitor that does it all, just a monitor that's decent in a lot of ways.

and 1080p not scaled with black bars is smaller than 1080p on a 24"

not sure why you'd want that

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it's the exact same if the monitor scales it correctly, like the AD27QD

even if you can't what would be the point? it's not about a monitor that does it all, just a monitor that's decent in a lot of ways.

not sure why you'd want that

IM the one saying you cant just choose a 144hz 1440p and pick and choose to get it all, thats what the other guy was saying, the other two

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

4 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

IM the one saying you cant just choose a 144hz 1440p and pick and choose to get it all, thats what the other guy was saying, the other two

Actually it was only mentioned once, still you kept talking about how lower resolution makes you better at gaming which is really confusing, especially because my roommate has a 1080p 144Hz monitor and I have a 1440p 144Hz monitor and the 1080p monitor does not improve my skill levels 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Actually it was only mentioned once, still you kept talking about how lower resolution makes you better at gaming which is really confusing, especially because my roommate has a 1080p 144Hz monitor and I have a 1440p 144Hz monitor and the 1080p monitor does not improve my skill levels 

im not saying it makes you better at gaming

dont @ me k?

Wow. So many different opinions it’s hard to know what is true and what is not. Seems to me like most of you prefer a 1440p 144hz/165hz monitor. 

I wouldn’t say that I am pro level  but I’m top ~50 in overwatch.

One thing that I don’t care about is how good the game or graphics looks as long as it’s enjoyable.

I have gotten used to playing games at 75% or even 50% render scale simply to have a smoother and more steady frames. Lower resolution scale in overwatch also reduces latency so that’s one things to think about.

From my view a 1440p monitor is more to please the eyes and grant details that you might have missed on a lower res. But since I am able to spot details on such low resolutions it could - not saying that it is - be better for me to get a 240hz monitor with as little blur as possible.

I think I saw some post about new monitors coming out with less blur on high refresh rate. Haven’t checked to see if it is true though. 

I will will probably be looking to earn money someway off of gaming but I don’t think that it’s strongly related to thread though.

18 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

just get what shroud has

if you care about motion blur and shit 

wait for the ips 1080p 24" monitors coming up soon

dont get 1440p or 27" period.

Why would it be better with ips instead of TN? I assume that those new monitors coming out are 144hz?

I would also suggest trying the 1440p, as this is to-go for the majority of the market and something that actually feels like improvement over the "ancient" 1080p rez. However, if it is possible for you, why not take the 240hz, try it and return it if you don't like, or do the opposite and take 1440p to try and return :) Monitors are somewhat hard to recommend as everyone has their own preferences and different "vision", when it comes to resolutions, refresh rates etc.

2 hours ago, Envit0 said:

I would also suggest trying the 1440p, as this is to-go for the majority of the market and something that actually feels like improvement over the "ancient" 1080p rez. However, if it is possible for you, why not take the 240hz, try it and return it if you don't like, or do the opposite and take 1440p to try and return :) Monitors are somewhat hard to recommend as everyone has their own preferences and different "vision", when it comes to resolutions, refresh rates etc.

i have a 1440p monitor, i fucking hate it

there is no benefit of 1440p at 24" and i sure as hell am not getting another 27"

4 hours ago, johnsonwild said:

Why would it be better with ips instead of TN? I assume that those new monitors coming out are 144hz?

yes 

13 hours ago, johnsonwild said:

Wow. So many different opinions it’s hard to know what is true and what is not. Seems to me like most of you prefer a 1440p 144hz/165hz monitor. 

I wouldn’t say that I am pro level  but I’m top ~50 in overwatch.

One thing that I don’t care about is how good the game or graphics looks as long as it’s enjoyable.

I have gotten used to playing games at 75% or even 50% render scale simply to have a smoother and more steady frames. Lower resolution scale in overwatch also reduces latency so that’s one things to think about.

From my view a 1440p monitor is more to please the eyes and grant details that you might have missed on a lower res. But since I am able to spot details on such low resolutions it could - not saying that it is - be better for me to get a 240hz monitor with as little blur as possible.

I think I saw some post about new monitors coming out with less blur on high refresh rate. Haven’t checked to see if it is true though. 

I will will probably be looking to earn money someway off of gaming but I don’t think that it’s strongly related to thread though.

1080p looks fucking good too though

people are just absolute retards. 

1440p only servs one purpose, to take money from people who arent the brightest.

especially at 24" 

all it does it cut the potential fps in half. And shortens by half the lifespan of any gpu.

Well since the option to just return the monitor exists i’ll try the 240hz first. I read that there is a slight motion blur on 240hz but it probably won’t be noticeable.

My three choices of monitors would be Asus, Alienware or Predator. Which one is better?  24” or 27”

Bigger screen = bigger objects? 

Bigger screen also narrows the field of view in looking aspect, though that also depends of the distance you're sitting.

I edit my posts more often than not

42 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Bigger screen also narrows the field of view in looking aspect, though that also depends of the distance you're sitting.

say im sitting 75 cm away 

On 10/3/2019 at 2:17 PM, johnsonwild said:

After doing my own research I came up with that the asus-rog-swift-pg258q-245-1920x1080-240hz-monitor-pg258q would fit my pc since I am going to buy a high end one. I figured that 240hz would be the best option for me since I will be play first person shooter games. And it will be important for faster reaction time.

What monitor do you think would fit my needs?

is this monitor too small, should I get a bigger one?

Since my aiming style is flicking. I think that 240hz would be better then 165hz 1440p since it would be smoother and easier to flick.

What kind of pro you are? The pro that lives from gaming?Do you want to become such player? If such, then go for 240Hz monitor[1080p is enough, you wont even use it as pros play in lower resolution to be able to score headshots easier], otherwise if your "competitiveness" is just scoring K/D and bragging before friends or on reddit, then i wouldnt bother with 240Hz. 

The first post in this topic that says that tournaments use 144hz is wrong. Almost all CS GO pros have moved to 240hz. Whether its because of sponsors giving them these monitors, or their own decision, doesnt matter, the standard is 240hz now for pro players. 

4 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

What kind of pro you are? The pro that lives from gaming?Do you want to become such player? If such, then go for 240Hz monitor[1080p is enough, you wont even use it as pros play in lower resolution to be able to score headshots easier], otherwise if your "competitiveness" is just scoring K/D and bragging before friends or on reddit, then i wouldnt bother with 240Hz. 

The first post in this topic that says that tournaments use 144hz is wrong. Almost all CS GO pros have moved to 240hz. Whether its because of sponsors giving them these monitors, or their own decision, doesnt matter, the standard is 240hz now for pro players. 

Between Asus, Alienware or Predator which one do you think is the best?

8 minutes ago, johnsonwild said:

Between Asus, Alienware or Predator which one do you think is the best?

All manufacturers pump crap without much QC these days. I dont know about alienware so i cant really compare. I would leave Acer out definitely, they are the worst in QC department. Just look the monitor from either Asus or Dell[Alienware] and check the opinions, topics, and reviews. If you see less nagging about particular monitor then probably it has better QC. QC is easily resolved by returning monitor and ordering a replacement, so it is just inconvenience-unless you are unlucky and have to return few displays and get on an amazon blacklist xD. As for performance, you also need to look at reviews and what people say, but most people has abysmal knowledge about displays so take it with a grain of salt[weed out village idiot opinions, particularly on newegg and amazon].