Budget headphones!

Albatross

Okay, so I broke my four year old JVC headphones that I loved dearly and scored for only 10$s brand new at the time. The left ear doesn't work anymore and they have shattered on the headband, though I desperately fixed it with some tape. But now it is time for the poor things to be laid to rest and to get a new pair. I am planning on getting better headphones later on after I finish my build but for now I really need some for music/movie/gaming. They don't have to be the world's greatest headphones, just good for the price.

If I can though, please no USB dongles. I had three of them and they all end up dying. And a blue/black or just all black theme would be great. But the later is definitely not a requirement (as long as it isn't some ugly neon color). I was thinking about getting JVC headphones, which was this one here, but I decided to ask around first.

Prince range: 20-25 USD

Thanks! ^_^

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Put it off a little longer and save more money trust me..

Source(s): Personal Experience.

CPU i5 6600K | Mobo Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 | Cooling H80i | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB in SLi | Geil Super Luce 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Intel 330 120GB | 2 x 1TB WD Black | Corsair Air 540 | XFX ProSeries 1250W. | Corsair K70 Anodised Black Cherry Reds | Logitech G502 | Dell U2713HM | Red LED Lighting.

Portable Gamer - Metabox Alpha W370SS - CPU i7 4710MQ | RAM 8GB 1600MHz | Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 17.3" Matte Display 72% Gamut
Back-up - HP Pavilion dv6 - Ancient Stuff - P7550 @ 2.26gHz  | DDR2 4GB | Kingston HyperX 120Gb SSD | ATi 4550m (fried)

Sennheiser HD 201's are pretty good for the price. But I really would eating a few less biscuits to bump up the budget a liiitlle bit. You get a lot better sound quality a lot faster at lower budgets.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I Bought sennheiser 438's and they are fucking terrible, i get MUCH better sound production from my corsair 1500's..
Not to mention the build quality is fucking terrible as well.

IF you want some cheap headphones, I recommend In-ear Buds, they deliver very nice bass, and don't blow the budget substancially.

CPU i5 6600K | Mobo Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 | Cooling H80i | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB in SLi | Geil Super Luce 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Intel 330 120GB | 2 x 1TB WD Black | Corsair Air 540 | XFX ProSeries 1250W. | Corsair K70 Anodised Black Cherry Reds | Logitech G502 | Dell U2713HM | Red LED Lighting.

Portable Gamer - Metabox Alpha W370SS - CPU i7 4710MQ | RAM 8GB 1600MHz | Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 17.3" Matte Display 72% Gamut
Back-up - HP Pavilion dv6 - Ancient Stuff - P7550 @ 2.26gHz  | DDR2 4GB | Kingston HyperX 120Gb SSD | ATi 4550m (fried)

@Albatross, I'm quite sure @ONOTech can recommend you some good headphones. He has a pair he likes and I believe they come in black or white.

Or I could just add his review of them right here.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Okay, best budget headphones then? I could save up a bit more and deal with one eared headphone for now or just play out loud.

Sennheiser HD 201's are pretty good for the price. But I really would eating a few less biscuits to bump up the budget a liiitlle bit. You get a lot better sound quality a lot faster at lower budgets.

But biscuits...they are so good...

I Bought sennheiser 438's and they are fucking terrible, i get MUCH better sound production from my corsair 1500's..

IF you want some cheap headphones, I recommend In-ear Buds, they deliver very nice bass, and don't blow the budget substancially.

I was actually going to get the Corsair 1500 when I had the money. lol

@Albatross, I'm quite sure @ONOTech can recommend you some good headphones. He has a pair he likes and I believe they come in black or white.

I hope he sees this thread then. Any and all suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. :D

EDIT

Didn't see your edit. Ah, I have seen those at my local store. I never gave them my attention though. lol I'll watch the review now.

edit

Oh damn they have them in blue/black!  :wub: 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Whoa! No need for the F-bombs mate. Crappy would've sufficed. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The KOSS looks really uncomfortable, but the Superflux headphones look nice and they look like they wouldn't give me a massive headache.

The Pioneer SE-A1000 would overlap half the side of my head (I have a small head/I am real small), which might bring a lot of  comfort issues I think.

I would suggest the Panasonic RP-HTX7. They are a bit retro... but they have a nice warm round tone and are fairly inexpensive. You can find them for around the $30 USD mark.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

I would suggest the Panasonic RP-HTX7. They are a bit retro... but they have a nice warm round tone and are fairly inexpensive. You can find them for around the $30 USD mark.

I am fine with retro look, and the headphones actually look pretty cool (shame no dark blue though).  Nearly sixty bucks though! Yikes. Maybe Amazon will have them for cheaper. lol

The KOSS looks really uncomfortable, but the Superflux headphones look nice and they look like they wouldn't give me a massive headache.

The Pioneer SE-A1000 would overlap half the side of my head (I have a small head/I am real small), which might bring a lot of  comfort issues I think.

as far as i know, even if superlux would be comfortable ( In my opinion ) you could get headache after a while listening to them because they have very high db treble regiom.

htf600 or a1000 would be best choice imo. get htf600 if it is around 30-50 bucks, everything over would be a1000 region

i only recommend superlux because of price, else i would only recommend htf600 even tho they have different characaristics like closed back, oval shape etc...

Got my hands on a variety of clip-on's and found audio-technica's to be the most comfortable, which is what is most important in this price range, imo.

I bought the black version, but there is a variety of colors.

41OJAKxCyEL.jpg

I also owned a few pairs of super-cheap "Connectland" headphones from Syba which I found to be rather excellent at the time.

61QPMtTi8rL._SL1500_.jpg

I really like my creative live! though i haven't tried any other headphones.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Okay, I spent an hour finding the headphones listed here and comparing pries etc etc. I have it pinned down to Sony MDR ZX100s and the Superflux headphones. The Panasonics look great, but they would definitely give me a headache and would hurt my ears and sides of my head, so I had to kick them out of the line up.

But here's the deal; I found a local store that deals with electronics and they said they have a wide variety of headphones, even Superflux headphones, so I'm going to go down and test as many as I can. I made a list of the ones suggested here and will compare them. I'll be sure to let you guys know which one I decided on. :)

I'm having high hopes for the Sony and the Superflux headphones because of all the great reviews I have found. B)

The panasonic DJ600 also possess the neodynium drivers, like the Superlux, and they're under 25.00 on Amazon. You should also consider technology (driver types, size, material composition) rather than solely recommendations,

and tell us more about your interests (i.e what kind of music). 

Neodynium drivers? I haven't heard of that before. I usually just go to the store, test out some and buy the one that sounds the best to me. :blush:

I listen to a wide variety of music, so that will be tough.But  I guess I mostly listen to classical, romantic, Baroque, techno/house/etc and relaxing music which is commonly known as lounge I suppose.

Neodynium drivers? I haven't heard of that before. I usually just go to the store, test out some and buy the one that sounds the best to me. :blush:

Neodymium drivers are like gold capacitors and silver cables - they don't improve sound quality compared to cheaper materials. As far as I'm aware, however, every headphone that uses a dynamic driver uses neodymium magnets...

I'm a big fan of the MEElectronics M6 set, which is usually around 20-30 bucks. Sound competes pretty decently with a fair number of in-ears in the $50-60 range - nice and punchy, with plenty of bass that manages to balance well with the mids. My only issue is that sometimes the treble can get a little distorted at high volumes. Also, as far as in-ear headphones go they're nigh indestructible.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Horrible ice has trapped me in my house. I'll have to check out the store in a day or so, when the ice clears.

Neodymium drivers are like gold capacitors and silver cables - they don't improve sound quality compared to cheaper materials. As far as I'm aware, however, every headphone that uses a dynamic driver uses neodymium magnets...

So the Neodymium drivers are a bad thing?

I'm a big fan of the MEElectronics M6 set, which is usually around 20-30 bucks. Sound competes pretty decently with a fair number of in-ears in the $50-60 range - nice and punchy, with plenty of bass that manages to balance well with the mids. My only issue is that sometimes the treble can get a little distorted at high volumes. Also, as far as in-ear headphones go they're nigh indestructible.

I do like loud volumes so dishortion is a bad thing for me. But I'll add it to the list. The good thing is the store allows you to test with your own devices. So I'll just bring up my music player and test on that.

I'm a big fan of the MEElectronics M6 set, which is usually around 20-30 bucks. Sound competes pretty decently with a fair number of in-ears in the $50-60 range

Eh..... I don't know about that. Seems like a normal cheap IEM to me.

So the Neodymium drivers are a bad thing?

No, you misunderstand. They are not a good thing, but that does not mean they are a bad thing.

Monoprice 8323 for $23

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715