Are i5 4th gen bad now a days?

I'm going to assume for gaming. 

It's still plenty powerful. In terms of single core performance, it's not far behind some of the new AMD stuff. It will lose when it comes to multi-core performance, but it's by no means bad. 

will it run most of the games like you know, Pubg or the most demanding one Rust? probs no or? but with a graphics card the one i metioned

27 minutes ago, IsaacBroke said:

will it run most of the games like you know, Pubg or the most demanding one Rust? probs no or? but with a graphics card the one i metioned

Should be fine with a 760ti.

It's not like you are running a first gen i7 with a GTX1080 like I was.

50 minutes ago, IsaacBroke said:

core i5-4460 Quad Core is rly bad or decent? with a GTX 760 ti ? idk...

Performance wise, you're on the level of a Ryzen 3 1200 and FAR behind modern CPU like the Ryzen 5 3600 or i5 9600K

1 hour ago, IsaacBroke said:

yh whats worth rysen 3 1200 or i5-4460 ? 

And how much is that i5 of yours?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

IPC hadn't progressed much. In AVX loads, Haswell may actually be about on par with Ryzen (certainly faster than original Ryzen). However, core counts have increased dramatically, and games tend to utilize many threads nowadays. The i7-4790K with Hyperthreading still copes fairly well in modern games, though it will probably struggle if you're hitting it with multiple heavy loads simultaneously.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

To give you and idea a ryzen 3 2200g is around 15% faster in gaming and workloads than the i5.

The system is still decent and still have a couple of upgrades which can provide significant performance boosts. You also might want to consider a new gpu but the 760 ti still plays most modern titles comfortably at 1080p low to medium settings at playable framerates.

If possible if you can get together around 100$ and sell your old motherboard and cpu for around 100$ you can get a b450 motherboard, ryzen 3 2200g and 8gb ram, but with a bit of luck and deal hunting you can probably even get a 2600.

its too narrow of a CPU for great performance in newer games.

need more cores and SMT tech to get smoother performance.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Upgraded from the i5-4460 to a Ryzen 2200G, and tbh the difference in everyday use (browsing web, videos etc) is negligible

In gaming, there is an improvement obviously but nothing truly earth-shattering. The i5-4460 was a very capable processor back when it came out, and it showed in its Skylake successors. The 6400 performed identically to the 4460, the 6500 was faster by just a little bit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

On 9/29/2019 at 9:02 AM, TetraSky said:

And how much is that i5 of yours?

on that have it yet im just getting ideas

On 9/29/2019 at 10:24 AM, AndreiArgeanu said:

To give you and idea a ryzen 3 2200g is around 15% faster in gaming and workloads than the i5.

The system is still decent and still have a couple of upgrades which can provide significant performance boosts. You also might want to consider a new gpu but the 760 ti still plays most modern titles comfortably at 1080p low to medium settings at playable framerates.

If possible if you can get together around 100$ and sell your old motherboard and cpu for around 100$ you can get a b450 motherboard, ryzen 3 2200g and 8gb ram, but with a bit of luck and deal hunting you can probably even get a 2600.

ye right the gpu but its for now i had an extra on until i get enough money to afford for a good rig.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:24 AM, AndreiArgeanu said:

mm i see thnks budd