Should I upgrade from this laptop?

g335

Hello 

I bought the Asus Hero Strix 3 15in laptop. Its a good laptop for gaming, at 144hz, i7 9750H, 2070 RTX full not max q.  I was going to use the laptop to game and do graphic design and video editing. It has the power but not the screen for it. found out that the sRGB only is about 87 percent.  

I can upgrade to the Asus Zephyrus 15in with 144hz, i7 9750H, 2070 RTX full not max q and the screen is 99 percent sRGB and has a special color Pantone screen.

Or I can just buy a monitor to connect to the Hero Strix 3 for doing graphic design work.  But if I use only the laptop for graphic design anytime without the monitor, the color gamut is not as good.

If I buy the Zephyrus and return the Hero Strix 3, thats an extra 800 dollars I have to spend.

If I keep the Hero Strix 3 and buy a monitor, the monitors I am looking at are between 600 and 800 dollars. 

Which should I do, return the Hero Strix 3 and buy the Zephyrus or keep the Hero Strix 3 and buy a monitor?

if you plan to do graphic design and video editing on the move then go for zephyrus. 

But that being said, Another monitor might be a better idea given laptops, like all machines eventually die or generally become far too outdated to be worthy of use. 

So when it does die and your looking for you next device, you wont be restricted by sRGB as you now have another monitor for that and are free to choose other devices. That is, again, you are not going to be editing and designing on the move and will do it in your own home.  

Thats just my thought. Id wait for others to respond as this is the opinion of man whos never edited a video or made anything in his life so take it with a grain of salt.