New Case, Narrowed down but hunting for perfect!

UrbanFreestyle

Hi everyone. 

Sorry for making another 'find me a case' thread but i'm hoping the wisdom of users can help me out here.

Currently i have a Define R5 case but i want something to show off my build.

I did think about just getitng a window side panel and a psu shroud but the price would start coming close to that of the Define R6.

So i thought... fine i will just buy the R6.... Untill i realised that if i remove the drive cages and move the panel back there is a gaping hole near the front of the case on the power supply shroud.

I got close with the NZXT H500, However i dont like the hole in the top of the case for the 120/140 fan.

So.....

Style wise i'm looking for a combination of the Define R6 with no hole in the PSU Shroud and the H500 with no hole in the top...

My hardware is as follows:

Asus Z99-A/USB 3.1
Intel Core i7 5960X s2011 v3
Corsair H100i GTX Hydro Cooler
Corsair RMi 1000 Gold
EVGA GTX 980Ti 6GB (or 2x GTX 970 4gb - Not sure yet)
8x 8gb Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 MHz
2x 3TB WD Red SATA 3.5
2x 256gb Samsung Evo SSD

1x 512GB Samsung M.2 SM951

I would like minimalist if possible, Rad in front, GPU cable hole in PSU shroud so it can go straight down and great cable management options at the rear as i am VERY anal about cables.

2 hours ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

So i thought... fine i will just buy the R6.... Untill i realised that if i remove the drive cages and move the panel back there is a gaping hole near the front of the case on the power supply shroud.

The Define S2 has the same internal layout as the "Open layout" R6, but comes with a PSU shroud cover pre-installed for that gap ;)

You can install a 240 at the front (if the tubes reach) without taking that panel off too. And yes, there's Three 3.5" drive mounts at the back (an upgrade from the R6's 2 HDD bays)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thanks for the recomendation, I'll have a look at that one! Hopefully re-selling my olf Z97 and 4790K to help fund the case so could be in budget ?

I had the same obervation as you -i hate the H500 top fan mount. Looks hideous, and has no filter. Check H700 it has so-so airflow, and looks more sleek than H500. 

4 hours ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

Hi everyone. 

Sorry for making another 'find me a case' thread but i'm hoping the wisdom of users can help me out here.

Currently i have a Define R5 case but i want something to show off my build.

I did think about just getitng a window side panel and a psu shroud but the price would start coming close to that of the Define R6.

I got close with the NZXT H500, However i dont like the hole in the top of the case for the 120/140 fan.

So.....

Style wise i'm looking for a combination of the Define R6 with no hole in the PSU Shroud and the H500 with no hole in the top...

My hardware is as follows:

Asus Z99-A/USB 3.1
Intel Core i7 5960X s2011 v3
Corsair H100i GTX Hydro Cooler
Corsair RMi 1000 Gold
EVGA GTX 980Ti 6GB (or 2x GTX 970 4gb - Not sure yet)
8x 8gb Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 MHz
2x 3TB WD Red SATA 3.5
2x 256gb Samsung Evo SSD

1x 512GB Samsung M.2 SM951

I would like minimalist if possible, Rad in front, GPU cable hole in PSU shroud so it can go straight down and great cable management options at the rear as i am VERY anal about cables.

i ended up getting a corsair 500d se rad mounted at top a few weeks ago couldnt be happier.