Better B450 to pick.

Hi guys, 

Firstly if this question has been asked a lot my apologies, kinda new to the forums and I appreciate all your help. That said, I am building my first gaming rig ever and planning to buy a Ryzen 3600 since I might do light streaming. 

I kindly ask for your suggestions in picking the right motherboard, my 2 top choices is the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX and MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon AC. 

I can see now that some B450 pro carbon boards are shipped Ryzen 3000 ready but is still hesitant since I might still encounter some bios issues and I personally not tech savvy and might just do PBO for overclocking. 

Looking forward to your suggestion guys and I my thanks in advance. 

I would say the B450 Steel Legend is a good option, but does not have flashback bios, which means you might need to check with the shop if it has the latest bios and if not if they can flash it for you. Worked for me :)

5 hours ago, SliceT said:

I would say the B450 Steel Legend is a good option, but does not have flashback bios, which means you might need to check with the shop if it has the latest bios and if not if they can flash it for you. Worked for me :)

That's what I went with, I picked it for how it looks but bios wise, the b450 tomahawk max is way better. If I were to redo my pick, I'd pick tomahawk instead 

3 minutes ago, KhorCS said:

the b450 tomahawk max is way better. If I were to redo my pick, I'd pick tomahawk instead 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

MSI B450 Tomahawk, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon, MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC, Asrock B450M Pro4, Asrock B450M-HDV

Some of the best b450 motherboard.