RTX 2080ti only getting like 200 fps on csgo

MoeOriginal6

Built new computer yesterday and I'm only pulling 200ish fps in csgo 1024x768 stretched

havent had a chance to try any other games since they arent dled yet, but is there some issue here? I've seen people getting 400-600 on 1080p while streaming with the setup I have

on top of this the whole computer usually freezes if I try to use the OC mode on the motherboard through the bios. 

is there something im missing? because my laptop with a 3gb 2060 pulls the same performance on counter strike

6 minutes ago, MoeOriginal6 said:

I take it the windows install is fresh?

Probably try updating your motherboard bios, and using the other PCI-e slot in the motherboard.

And what kind of monitor do you have?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

do you have fps_max set to 999?

Already done, its bouncing between 200-250

I just noticed that I have 1 pci e connector that splits into 2 plugged into this card. Do i need to use 2 separate pcie cables for it? or is the one pcie cable that splits into 2 good? and could this also result in the crashes ive been getting while in oc mode?

3 minutes ago, MoeOriginal6 said:

I just noticed that I have 1 pci e connector that splits into 2 plugged into this card. Do i need to use 2 separate pcie cables for it? or is the one pcie cable that splits into 2 good? and could this also result in the crashes ive been getting while in oc mode?

Your current cable should be fine...

Are your drivers up to date?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Your current cable should be fine...

Are your drivers up to date?

yes they are indeed

A 3 fan 2080 ti needs 2 150 watt connectors plus the 75 watt from the PCIe slot to work properly.

One of my cards uses up to 387 watts.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

OK FOLKS

I've done the following

- Re installed drivers

- Re Seated GPU

- Connected 2 separate 8 pin pcie cables to the gpu

- turned hyper threading on and off (made little to no difference)

- put the gpu on OC mode

- put the cpu on OC mode

fps went up by 50, now we hitting 300, with the occasional 400 when looking at a wall on a workshop map

not sure whats happening here, but I need some more things to try

1 hour ago, Squanchy said:

Just my two cents... Try unparking your CPU cores?

https://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

gonna try that tonight, I played some games today (far cry 3) and streamed on counter strike (which actually made my fps go up) and my gpu was sitting at around 40-50% usage the whole time, also tried this with hyper threading disabled

2 hours ago, MoeOriginal6 said:

gonna try that tonight, I played some games today (far cry 3) and streamed on counter strike (which actually made my fps go up) and my gpu was sitting at around 40-50% usage the whole time, also tried this with hyper threading disabled

Try checking your BIOS performance settings and making sure everything is set to performance mode instead of quality

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Check CPU Temps. Your running at 1024x768. You are putting way more stress on the CPU than the 2080ti. If your CPU temperatures are getting high that will be a huge limiting factor in the FPS you are seeing. I only suggest this because you paired a 2 fan AIO with a overclocked 9900K. The 9900k is a super hot chip. If your thermals are all over the place, consider looking at a 3 fan AIO and using Thermal Grizzly.

29 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Check CPU Temps. Your running at 1024x768. You are putting way more stress on the CPU than the 2080ti. If your CPU temperatures are getting high that will be a huge limiting factor in the FPS you are seeing. I only suggest this because you paired a 2 fan AIO with a overclocked 9900K. The 9900k is a super hot chip. If your thermals are all over the place, consider looking at a 3 fan AIO and using Thermal Grizzly.

I just played on it, the cpu was at 24% usage (this is non oc'd) and the gpu was somewhere around 28%-39%

Temps on gpu and cpu never got above 45 degrees C, assuming its not giving me false readings

8 minutes ago, MoeOriginal6 said:

I just played on it, the cpu was at 24% usage (this is non oc'd) and the gpu was somewhere around 28%-39%

Temps on gpu and cpu never got above 45 degrees C, assuming its not giving me false readings

Was the CPU usage being measured on the CPU as a whole, or individual cores. I would expect at least 1 core would be maxing out, given the resolution your playing at.

2 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Was the CPU usage being measured on the CPU as a whole, or individual cores. I would expect at least 1 core would be maxing out, given the resolution your playing at.

I did one with the whole cpu being measured, and one with each individual core

the highest I saw was 40% on one core, then it would drop down, when I checked the cpu as a whole it was saying 24% sometimes jumping to 26%

6 minutes ago, MoeOriginal6 said:

I did one with the whole cpu being measured, and one with each individual core

the highest I saw was 40% on one core, then it would drop down, when I checked the cpu as a whole it was saying 24% sometimes jumping to 26%

Did you install the Intel Spectre+Meltdown and other various security patches?

Edit: Also, check in Nvidia Control Panel underneath the CSGO settings. See if the GPU is running in adaptive mode. If it is, set it to Always perfer maximum performance. Issue could be the resolution your playing at is not generating enough of a load on the GPU so it is entering power savings mode.

4 hours ago, ThePD said:

Did you install the Intel Spectre+Meltdown and other various security patches?

Edit: Also, check in Nvidia Control Panel underneath the CSGO settings. See if the GPU is running in adaptive mode. If it is, set it to Always perfer maximum performance. Issue could be the resolution your playing at is not generating enough of a load on the GPU so it is entering power savings mode.

intel what??

and everything in this pc is set to max power settings

On 9/20/2019 at 8:17 PM, MoeOriginal6 said:

Built new computer yesterday and I'm only pulling 200ish fps in csgo 1024x768 stretched

The 2080ti is a 1440p and 4K ready GPU the majority of users who use it are going to be at the very minimum 1920x1080. Running that low of a resolution could very well be bottlenecking the card. With a system as beefy as that you could easily be running 1440p 144hz. I have a similar build but with a 8700k at 5Ghz, I haven't tried CS:GO since getting my 2080ti last week but every single game I have tried max settings at 1440p are 130fps plus, most in the 200fps range. As for CS:GO I had around 300fps with my 1080ti on 1440p. I can test when I get home and see my max but If I were you I'd definitely pick up AT LEAST a 1920 x 1080 high refreshrate monitor.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The 2080ti is a 1440p and 4K ready GPU the majority of users who use it are going to be at the very minimum 1920x1080. Running that low of a resolution could very well be bottlenecking the card. With a system as beefy as that you could easily be running 1440p 144hz. I have a similar build but with a 8700k at 5Ghz, I haven't tried CS:GO since getting my 2080ti last week but every single game I have tried max settings at 1440p are 130fps plus, most in the 200fps range. As for CS:GO I had around 300fps with my 1080ti on 1440p. I can test when I get home and see my max but If I were you I'd definitely pick up AT LEAST a 1920 x 1080 high refreshrate monitor.

Yea at the moment I have a 144hz 1080p monitor. I'll definitely upgrade to a higher resolution monitor soon. I play that resolution because I'm used to it, and honestly I prefer that resolution while playing CSGO. But if thats the reason why this is happening then alright, just as long as I can run everything else well

I just wanna make sure this isnt a hardware issue in anyway so I dont find out too late about it later on if it is

CS:GO engine is known to be broken af and added value from high end CPU's and GPU's are not properly used, especially issues with Coffee Lake where you get pretty much same fps no matter if lowering the settings (from what I hear around). If you are using 144hz monitor and getting ~200 FPS you are still seeing the most you can.. Have similar specs to you and had same issue. Try turning of hyper threading in BIOS and get back with results. This helped me somewhat.

Found out what the issue was

I did a reinstall of windows and checked all the connections, apparently only part of my 24pin mobo power was connected, so I connected the other part and now OC mode is stable and voltage went up, no more crashes and streaming at like 400fps now.

I didn't even know the i9 could run off of 18pin instead of 24pin but ok

Also got rid of geforce experience, that program for noobs

Thanks for all the help boys, turns out it was my mistake in the end but now its fixed