My machine keeps killing my drives HELP!

Sazarret

Hi. We´ve being having so many problems with the drives drives of one of our machines, specially Hard Drives but also SSDs, for quite some time now. They keep on failing or showing errors (with that dreafull clicking sound of a failing hard drive).

This is what we´ve tried so far:

- Change the power supply.

- Change the SATA cables

- Changing the drives for new ones

- Going from Hackintosh to Windows 10

One thing we´ve noticed is that the voltages that the drives are getting from the PS are fluctuating slightly but constantly from 12.16V to 12.20 or so.

Is not a new machine but we have two of the same here at the studio and its twin is perfectly fine.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GAZ87-HD3

Drives: 4, 1 SSD for the system and 3 Hard Drives from different manufacturers

PS: Seyntey 750W, SDP750-SS

Any help will be most appreciated!

You should check if it's related to "dirty" electricity. See if having it on another electrical circuit will help (I'm assuming they're both connected on different circuit, hence why one is getting fluctuations from the PSU and the other might not and is fine).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

24 minutes ago, Sazarret said:

PS: Seyntey 750W, SDP750-SS

As @wkdpaul said it could be dirty power, but also your power supply is an older cheap unit, Sentey is pretty well know for having some pretty poor quality PSUs. And that is definitely one of their cheaper units. A combination of a cheap power supply and dirty power could be what is causing your issue.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

We´ve being testing a new PSU this past week and we had no more problems. Now it has a Corsair CX750.

Also it seams that wkdpaul was right about the “dirty” electricity circuit, however we are going to take care of that soon.

Thank you guys, I just want to publish the solution in case somebody else have the same problem.