Reasons why PC gaming is better than console gaming

Hey Linus Tech Tips,

List all the reasons why PC gaming is superior to console gaming.  Even if they're obvious still list them.

CPU: Core i7 4770k, RAM: 8GB DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws X, PSU: OCZ 700W, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X, Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

Lol get out.

this will go badly very soon

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

This won't end badly. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

The forum was in peace.. but everything changed when the fanboy's attacked and the one who we needed most (@Slick) dissapered 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

1. you can upgrade your pc 

2. pc's are way better than consoles

3. you can play millions of game on pc thats not on console for example all the indie games

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Cheaper games most of the time.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Hey Linus Tech Tips,

List all the reasons why PC gaming is superior to console gaming.  Even if they're obvious still list them.

Cheaper games on average (sales all the time..) while console games often stay at 50~60$ a piece

Largest selection of games (some game categories such as MOBAs, MMORPGs etc.. not even available on console, not to mention indie titles and games such as minecraft). Of course consoles do have some exclusives such as Forza or Uncharted and Halo though.

Better FPS (pretty self explanatory)

Better visual experience (games look better)

better auditory experience (you don't have to use a crappy headset)

more about skill (no aim assiston FPS games etc.. more control with a mouse)

not having to pay 60$ a year for online service

not having to deal with annoying 12 year olds insulting you all day

Of course consoles do have some advantages such as when playing together with other people in the room, because PC is not made for playing split screen. 

Oh and a couple more advantages:

modding games by installing new maps etc.. through steam workshop, moddb etc..

higher screen resolutions than 1080p supported, including multi monitors, 2k and 4k.

And most importantly, a pc is not just for gaming. You can and will use it for anything else unlike a console. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Humility is a virtue. Just think about that for a second.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

nb4lock

IuS5wrD.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

bobby-dnw.gif

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

bobby-dnw.gif

Lol PERFECT

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

PC is a console, but very much more than that.

You got that backwards, a console is a computer.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

You got that backwards, a console is a computer.

Ment that. kind of

PC is a console, but very much more than that.

No consoles are pc's but running a custom made software built for the console. 

Hey Linus Tech Tips,

The communities on PC are still kicking and alive. If you ever want to revisit or keep on playing one of those classics on PC you can. 

Battlefield 2 on pc is still alive, but Battlefield 2:modern combat on console is shutdown.

Halo 1 on PC is still populated. original xbox 1 servers are shutdown

Microsoft will shutdown xbox 360 servers and no more call of duty 4 for the 360. COD4 PC will still be very much active. 

On console you always run the risk of being shutdown. PC is a much more freeing experience. 

Unless you were a SOCOM 2 player like i was on the PS2 those servers were kicking for almost ten years before shutdown. 

99% of games are made on PC there for the best experience would be PC. my input

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Mods, Mods, Mods, and even more Mods! Take Skyrim, Minecraft, Farcry 3, and many other games for example. Just type up mods for those games on PC and BOOOM. Be prepared to start drooling + Days of just reading the different mods. There's a lot!

The price of entry to the PC gaming world is considerably higher than that of a peasantbox. This does keep the 14yr old screaming HAX and N00b down to a minimum. That in and of itself is worth the price of admission. 

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

PC- Can do tons more then any console: Better visuals, Cheaper and more games, Can be upgradeable, Can mod games, Ability to make things such as games or coding.

Console- Good value for the money: Is for the average gamer that doesn't need the raw gaming experience and that wants to play games when people come over, cheaper and plays all games without a problem rather then a computer that can have problems running games at max settings.

It all depends on what are really using it for either casually playing games and streaming movies or for major work to make a profit out of it.

CPUi5 4670K Cooler: ThermalTake Frio MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero RamRed Corsair Vengeance Pro 8 Gb 1866Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CUII CaseEnermax Red Ostrog GT Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 Gb, HDD- 500 GB Seagate PSUSeasonic X660 (80+ Gold Certified)