Question regarding my ram speeds

Hey so I just installed some 3200 Corsair Vengeance LPX ram. looking at task manager and CPU Z its saying its running at 1067. Same thing for CPU-Z but when I go to verify the results on the CPU Z website its saying thats the uncore speed, and my actual speed is 3200. What is the difference between uncore speed and the "normal" speed? Ty

Also HAS improved my performance drastically. Thanks to @5x5 for suggesting this. BL3 Speeds went from 60-70 max settings to 70-90fps 

You have to enable the XMP or DOCP in bios and select 3200mhz otherwise it will run at stock 2133mhz. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

You have to enable the XMP or DOCP in bios and select 3200mhz otherwise it will run at stock 2133mhz. 

I enabled XMP, ill check DOCP

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

So Ive been trying to get it to work but I cant get it to boot with 3200. XMP enabled - tried auto settings at 3200 and boot looped over and over. Would go loop 4 times the go to bios, id save and exit and it would do the same thing. If I enter it manually with 16-16-18-18-36 timings it will default back to 2133? 

Just now, SuperBailz said:

So Ive been trying to get it to work but I cant get it to boot with 3200. XMP enabled - tried auto settings at 3200 and boot looped over and over. Would go loop 4 times the go to bios, id save and exit and it would do the same thing. If I enter it manually with 16-16-18-18-36 timings it will default back to 2133? 

Not sure if it matters but im on a 1700x, with an AB350 gaming 3 mobo. 

18 minutes ago, SuperBailz said:

Not sure if it matters but im on a 1700x, with an AB350 gaming 3 mobo. 

Have you updated the bios since you bought the motherboard?

There are some fairly new updates for it.

You will have to start with F40 then do F41 then F42a. If the firmware is on a much older version it may not have hotfixes that help with ram speed compatibility.

Here is the download page for your motherboard. https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

7 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

You will have to start with F40 then do F41 then F42a. If the firmware is on a much older version it may not have hotfixes that help with ram speed compatibility.

Here is the download page for your motherboard. https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Thats probably it lol. Im on F6..... I got a LOT of updating to do....

8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I appreciate the help btw :) 

47 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yet another problem... Been trying to flash the bios to F31. When I enter Q Flash it just freezes. Have to restart to get back to bios or windows. 

39 minutes ago, SuperBailz said:

Thats probably it lol. Im on F6..... I got a LOT of updating to do....

You don't have to update one at a time except for the last 3. You can go from F6 straight to F40 without updating in between. So install F40, then F41, then F42a. The only two that have to be done in order are F41 and F42a. 

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

You don't have to update one at a time except for the last 3. You can go from F6 straight to F40 without updating in between. So install F40, then F41, then F42a. The only two that have to be done in order are F41 and F42a. 

Alright, Ill try that.

Yet another problem... Been trying to flash the bios to F31. When I enter Q Flash it just freezes. Have to restart to get back to bios or windows. 

Just flash to F40 you don't have to do the ones in between F6 and F40 you can just go straight to F40. If it freezes or pauses just let it go sometimes it can take a few minutes to update.

14 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Just flash to F40 you don't have to do the ones in between F6 and F40 you can just go straight to F40. If it freezes or pauses just let it go sometimes it can take a few minutes to update.

Still the same issue. Still freezes. Waited for 10 minutes and no change. The clock will update but thats it, cant use my mouse or keyboard. (I really hope its not me being impatient) 

5 minutes ago, SuperBailz said:

Still the same issue. Still freezes. Waited for 10 minutes and no change. The clock will update but thats it, cant use my mouse or keyboard. (I really hope its not me being impatient) 

Hmm. How are you doing the update? Downloading the update file to a USB then opening q-flash in bios and selecting the file in there?

Hmm. How are you doing the update? Downloading the update file to a USB then opening q-flash in bios and selecting the file in there?

Yea, except it freezes as SOON as I open Q-Flash. Like on the screen with the option to update or save your bios

Yea, except it freezes as SOON as I open Q-Flash. Like on the screen with the option to update or save your bios

I could take a video of it if that helps?

1 minute ago, SuperBailz said:

Try resetting your bios settings to default and see if it opens then, if it still doesn't try a CMOS reset.

Try resetting your bios settings to default and see if it opens then, if it still doesn't try a CMOS reset.

Ok, how would I reset the bios to default? I already tried CMOS resets. 

3 minutes ago, SuperBailz said:

Ok, how would I reset the bios to default? I already tried CMOS resets. 

For gigabyte ill have to look. There should be an option to reset bios to defaults in the same tab where you choose to exit saving changes or discard changes and exit usually the last tab called Save and Exit.

13 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

For gigabyte ill have to look. There should be an option to reset bios to defaults in the same tab where you choose to exit saving changes or discard changes and exit usually the last tab called Save and Exit.

I cleared the CMOS again, gonna try to do the Q flash 1 more time.

17 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Well, I got the Q Flash to work but now it says the Bios image is false.

6 minutes ago, SuperBailz said:

Well, I got the Q Flash to work but now it says the Bios image is false.

Try doing F31 before doing F40 and see if that works. Looks like it needs F31 before you can do F40, usually it says it in red but it's just mixed in with the patch logs so I didn't see it.

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Try doing F31 before doing F40 and see if that works.

Yea I did that and it worked. Doing F40 now :)