Rant/Advise

WindirBear

Alright guys, so my bitch who ill refer to as R, her cousin and I went  to universals horror nights. I've been to horror nights before and i hated it. the lines are long and the mazes are short.

I know I'm going to be stuck waiting in line for 99.9% of the time there. Not only that but im going to be stuck with her and her cousin who I have nothing in common with, I'm also not a social person. So before we all left to the park, I made R take me to the store so i can get something to drink. i figured id have a couple sips of alcohol to help me converse more while we're there.

Now before i talk about what went wrong i want to add some context. i wasn't hammered, I had a nice and healthy buzz going on. the day prior, R tells me that not to bring up opposing opinions, racist bigotry jokes, or talk about anything sexual because it makes her uncomfortable. Which makes conversing with her even more difficult, as her interests are make up, girl tv shows, and eating food.

personally, I want to talk about topics that isn't boring for the three of us.

So while we were waiting in line, i wanted to make things less awkward between her and I, by reminiscing about an embarrassing story i have with R when we first started dating. It involved me whipping "it" out in her back yard thinking it would start things off ;) but ultimately it just ended her her laughing at me because "wtf are you doing?" and me replying "when in doubt whip it out".

though after i mention "whip it out" before i could even explain the story, i was given a "wtf are you talking about?" from my gf and being side eyed by her cousin. then an awkward pause as i was trying to pick myself up from the conversation R messages me to stop talking about sexual shit. I stopped talking the rest of the night. no one was saying much, it was 10x more boring and it sucked turtle ass.

at least i was trying to keep the conversation going so we and more importantly, I wouldn't be bored while waiting in line.

TL;DR last paragraph

im grammar illiterate. im not sorry. 

Just now, Genwyn said:

I cant tell if this is a copypasta or not.

shit you not

Either develop your understanding of social queue's or be okay with creating what some consider to be socially awkward conversations.

Im socially awkward, best part is I don't give a single F - and she wouldn't be my girl if she couldn't handle that.  Doesn't sound like someone you can be with for long, and understand Happiness.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Cool story bro.  Don't bring up awkward subjects and the conversation will likely not be awkward.

Move to off topic

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Just now, FezBoy said:

Cool story bro.  Don't bring up awkward subjects and the conversation will likely not be awkward.

Move to off topic

oops. been a while. thought this was the forums off topic.

1 minute ago, Tristerin said:

Either develop your understanding of social queue's or be okay with creating what some consider to be socially awkward conversations.

Im socially awkward, best part is I don't give a single F - and she wouldn't be my girl if she couldn't handle that.  Doesn't sound like someone you can be with for long, and understand Happiness.

exactly! it wasnt my gf, it was just her cousin doesnt like vulgarity. she was just looking out for her. 

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

"my bitch"

I don't think there's any trying to talk to anyone who refers to anyone as "my bitch".

calm down doug. i refer to her as my bitch, jokingly. she knows it.

2 minutes ago, WindirBear said:

exactly! it wasnt my gf, it was just her cousin doesnt like vulgarity. she was just looking out for her. 

Ahhh, my brother in law doesn't like the word retard, and a few of the other trigger words.  They get said as often as possible when I am around him, I understand.  He melts so quickly lol

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Tristerin said:

Ahhh, my brother in law doesn't like the word retard, and a few of the other trigger words.  They get said as often as possible when I am around him, I understand.  He melts so quickly lol

yea, for fucks sake i was just trying to have fun, let loose and open up a bit... 

5 minutes ago, WindirBear said:

calm down doug. i refer to her as my bitch, jokingly. she knows it.

I still don't appreciate it. I treat my S/O with more dignity than to call him that, even jokingly.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I still don't appreciate it. I treat my S/O with more dignity than to call him that, even jokingly.

I call some of my guy friends bitch and such in friendly teasing because I know they're okay with that and we have that kind of "bro" relationship. Still flinch from calling my softer friends a bitch though, even jokingly. I'll usually soften it to bish or something at the very least, or just call them doofus if I want an insult. I suppose it's personal preference, but calling someone as close to you as your S/O a bitch is eeeh, not the best IMO. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I call some of my guy friends bitch and such in friendly teasing because I know they're okay with that and we have that kind of "bro" relationship. Still flinch from calling my softer friends a bitch though, even jokingly. I'll usually soften it to bish or something at the very least, or just call them doofus if I want an insult. I suppose it's personal preference, but calling someone as close to you as your S/O a bitch is eeeh, not the best IMO. 

that isn't the problem of the story though. I call my S/O bitch because i can, and shes OK with it. if she wasn't, she has the option to leave me, it doesn't matter.

Sorry but I am not sure what the confusion is here.

gf tells you to not say sexual things around cousin.

you proceed to say sexual things around cousin.

gf is mad. It is now awkward between all three in the group. 

I recommend you maybe expand your knowledge on topics to talk about. Maybe try getting to know your gf cousins better, Hobbies/School/Work/Travel/Entertainment/Food are  good places to start. Maybe she doesn't really want to talk with you about anything that is fine too. Your just going to have to suffer in awkward silence. 

Why wasn't your gf talking with her cousin? It is her cousin after all I would assume at least they have one thing in common they could talk about. Sure you woudn't have been involved much, but you said it yourself your not a social person so I consider it a win win.

28 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

Sorry but I am not sure what the confusion is here.

gf tells you to not say sexual things around cousin.

you proceed to say sexual things around cousin.

gf is mad. It is now awkward between all three in the group. 

I recommend you maybe expand your knowledge on topics to talk about. Maybe try getting to know your gf cousins better, Hobbies/School/Work/Travel/Entertainment/Food are  good places to start. Maybe she doesn't really want to talk with you about anything that is fine too. Your just going to have to suffer in awkward silence. 

Why wasn't your gf talking with her cousin? It is her cousin after all I would assume at least they have one thing in common they could talk about. Sure you woudn't have been involved much, but you said it yourself your not a social person so I consider it a win win.

Ok, well I left a lot of stuff out to keep to story short. I've already know about all that shit and it's so fucking boring. I wanted to have a laugh and share awkward stories with her to make her laugh and keep the night fun. The reason my gf didn't talk to her is because she doesn't have much in common either. She said they can talk about make up and stuff but only talking about that all night she said would be dull. So because no one had anything to say, it was terrible. We're 25 and her cousin is 21 by the way, so I figured shed be mature and see it as a joke.

Also, I'm not standing in silence for hours and not do anything, that is bullpoop.

19 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Bitch : Don't touch the stove, you'll burn your hand and I'll get mad.

WindirBear : K, Bitch.  I got it.....  But I'm bored so,  OUCH.  STOVE HOT!!

Hahahahahaha xD at least being burnt is something than nothing.

11 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

how does talking about stuff that makes her cousin uncomfortable makes things less awkward

What else is there to talk about. I already know her aspirations and all that small talk.

Just now, WindirBear said:

What else is there to talk about. I already know her aspirations and all that small talk.

i would rather just not talk. i dont really understand why people feel the need to talk just to fill the silence im perfectly fine with silence

Just now, spartaman64 said:

i would rather just not talk. i dont really understand why people feel the need to talk just to fill the silence im perfectly fine with silence

Holy crap well we stayed in silence for like 4 hours, waiting in line. I didn't like it last year, I sure as fuck am not going to sit through it this year

Why would you think that's an acceptable topic to bring up in front of your GFs cousin even after she explicitly told you not to?

There's a big difference between not being a social person and not understanding basic social etiquette.

And also referring to your GF as "my bitch", even jokingly is disgusting.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Which is why my autistic bipolar ass doesn't drink... at all. The last thing I need is another social problem. ?

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

13 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Why would you think that's an acceptable topic to bring up in front of your GFs cousin even after she explicitly told you not to?

There's a big difference between not being a social person and not understanding basic social etiquette.

And also referring to your GF as "my bitch", even jokingly is disgusting.

Because I'll be damned if I stand around for hours doing nothing. I tried, I could have ended up in a fun relationship with her.

I'm socially inept.

Knowing that I refer to her as my bitch jokingly, but still being disgusted by is the reason why it's a joke.

Besides, she even calls her self my bitch.

12 minutes ago, Thready said:

Which is why my autistic bipolar ass doesn't drink... at all.

I'd rather drink with your autistic ass than some one who can't take a joke