Gentle Typhoon vs AF140 Quiet Edition

Go to solution Solved by Kaasgeelheid,

What about these? http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/248465/noiseblocker-blacksilentpro-pk-2-140mm.html

Someone already mentioned them, but you might have missed it.

Which one is the best at 1150 RPM?

I want the best with quietness and good cooling.

Edit: nevermind, the Gentle Typhoon isn't in 140mm.

The Typhoons. As marto used to know, AF/SP fans are highly overrated and actually crap.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

My vote goes to Gentle Typhoon ;)

Currently 5 of them inside my Air 540; 3 at the front for intake and 2 on the h100i in pull configuration.

Sucks in a lot of air and pretty quite ^^. A lot better than the gelid wing 12's i had earlier as the front intake.

The Typhoons. As marto used to know, AF/SP fans are highly overrated and actually crap.

But the Gentles are only 120mm...

Do you know some good 140mm fans other than Noctua?

I have a AF140 and love it, don't know why others don't like them

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

But the Gentles are only 120mm...

Do you know some good 140mm fans other than Noctua?

I believe Gelid Wings are 140mm.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Silverstone air penetrators of some variety in 140mm maybe? Noctua nf-a14 pwm's also

Are Fractal Design fans good?

Edit: Or i do 2 Noctuas in the front and an AF140 in the back

I am just looking for the best 140mm fan.

Delta fans are the BOMB!

But to be reasonable: BItfenix 140 specters are very good and they look great. 

Noctuas are good

Silverstone Airpenetrators are good wind tunnel fans

IDK about gelid wings

Would personally recommend Bequiet Silent wings, 140mm and also Noiseblocker BlackSilent pros 140mm

Fractal Fans are alright too. To be honest. you can not go wrong with Noctua.

Look wise i would probs go with Silverstone ones or Bitfenix ones. Noise blockers for ultimate silence

Yateloons are also alright fans

I believe there is a 140mm fan made by scythe. It looks almost like the standard GT but it spins slower and pushes less air

Okay, i go with the Gentles, which one is the best?

1150, 1450 or 1850 RPM?

Edit: Nevermind the Gentles, they are really hard to get in my country :(

Edit 2: Are the Fractal R2s good fans? and are SP120 Quiet Editions good for an H100i?

For 140mm fans, NB-BlackSilent Pro 140mm, or Phanteks PH-F140TS.

About the Corsair fans...

TTL [Not LTT] says that they are amazing and TastyPC says that too... I am really confused now.

Some say they are really bad, some say they are really good.

About the Corsair fans...

TTL [Not LTT] says that they are amazing and TastyPC says that too... I am really confused now.

Some say they are really bad, some say they are really good.

Corsair fans are better then average but overpriced for what they are and until recently didnt have PWM. I would spend a bit more and get a much better fan or spend a bit less and get about the same fan.

What are you using the fans for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

APs and SPs are like Audis. They look good, perform okay and are for douchebags. 

And the Gentle Typhoons are like the Nissan GT-R, not the first choice for people who wants a very well performing stuff, slightly weird looking and actually super freaking good. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Get the Gentle Typhoons. There is no comparison to be made. People just like Corsair because Corsair has a great marketing team and, while Corsair also boasts some amazing products, their fans are far from being the best on the market.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Get the Gentle Typhoons. There is no comparison to be made. People just like Corsair because Corsair has a great marketing team and, while Corsair also boasts some amazing products, their fans are far from being the best on the market.

*high five!*

Yeah, the Gentles are better, but they don't have a black/braided cable and are not available in my country so i'll just get the AF120s

Yeah, the Gentles are better, but they don't have a black/braided cable and are not available in my country so i'll just get the AF120s

Well what other brands do you have available, there are plenty of other good ones.

Typhoons , alongside with Noiseblocker Noctua and Bequiet they are the best.

Interested in Business and Technology