Suggestions needed for a stupid decision I once made

Sleeper47

Early October 2018, I bought a custom-made PC from Systemtreff.de (a PC company based in Germany). The spec is as follows : 

CPU : AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz

CPU Cooler : stock

MB : Asus M5A78L-M

RAM : 2x8GB DDR3 2133MHz

GPU : Blower style GTX 1060 6GB

PSU : 500W bronze 

case : custom tower case from systemtreff.de - has 1 back fan, 2 front fans, and 2 uninstalled top fans. 2 USB 2.0 ports and 1 USB 3.0 port.

storage : 1 TB HDD

I use this PC mainly for 144Hz 1080p gaming, light 3d modelling and speedrunning. 

The problem I am having is that my game stutters, and when recording any gameplay, the encoder is overloaded (due to weak GPU). Also when speedrunning, my loading times are too long. 

My question : What should I upgrade so that I could have better speedrunning times / better experience overall? If possible I would only spend around €450 - €550 this time around. 

some suggestions I got from the Internet :

1. Buy a new CPU, MB, RAM overall.

2. Buy aftermarket CPU cooler, overclock the FX 8300 and spend the rest on better GPU

3. Buy Intel i7 4790k, new LGA 1150 Mainboard and use the same DDR3 RAMs 

what do you guys think? 

as a side note, I rock dual monitors, primary being 1080p 144Hz gaming Monitor, while 1080p 75Hz monitor as secondary. 

4 minutes ago, Sleeper47 said:

The problem I am having is that my game stutters, and when recording any gameplay, the encoder is overloaded (due to weak GPU)

Are you using NVENC or x264? If x264, it's your CPU that is overloaded, not the GPU.

5 minutes ago, Sleeper47 said:

Also when speedrunning, my loading times are too long

An SSD would be an immediate help for that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

The problem I am having is that my game stutters, and when recording any gameplay, the encoder is overloaded (due to weak GPU).

Are you encoding with NVENC or x264

Also when speedrunning, my loading times are too long. 

Fairly simple solution, get a cheap SSD and put the game you want to speedrun on it.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Are you using NVENC or x264? If x264, it's your CPU that is overloaded, not the GPU.

I cant believe we just posted the same thing at the same time ._. this is awkward

3 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

I cant believe we just posted the same thing at the same time ._. this is awkward

I would say that great minds think alike, but I know only I have a great mind...you're...you're some sort of a copycat! ?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

The GTX 1060 is a very capable card and I don't think that the GPU is the reason behind stuttering. It is being caused by the weak CPU you have so imo buying a new CPU, MB, RAM overall is a better option.

Also spend some money on a good SSD and you will notice significant improvements.

swap CPU/mobo/ram and then PSU and Storage. that should give you a very good experience. 

something like a r7 1700 for CPU encoding, B450 Pro4 f and 16 GB of Micron E-die.  then a PSU like the Tx550m

How do you plan to get a new haswell cpu though? They've been discontinued for years, and it's a terrible option compared to what there's not if it doesn't come at a used price

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

I used the NVENC encoder.. 

sure, SSD will do good

1 hour ago, ZeouLs said:

Are you encoding with NVENC or x264

Fairly simple solution, get a cheap SSD and put the game you want to speedrun on it.

same replies as above lol 

1 hour ago, Blind X said:

The GTX 1060 is a very capable card and I don't think that the GPU is the reason behind stuttering. It is being caused by the weak CPU you have so imo buying a new CPU, MB, RAM overall is a better option.

Also spend some money on a good SSD and you will notice significant improvements.

i see, i thought the card is already aged so i thought that was the problem. thanks 

1 hour ago, m777y said:

boost cpu to ryzen 3600/2600x

then you'll be fine~

yep, thats the plan, 2600x might be my pick as it is cheaper here in germany

59 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

swap CPU/mobo/ram and then PSU and Storage. that should give you a very good experience. 

something like a r7 1700 for CPU encoding, B450 Pro4 f and 16 GB of Micron E-die.  then a PSU like the Tx550m

sure, ill check those out. thanks for your recommendations

49 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

How do you plan to get a new haswell cpu though? They've been discontinued for years, and it's a terrible option compared to what there's not if it doesn't come at a used price

they did say get a used one for cheap price but they run the same price as ryzen 7 2700 so thats why also for me, this option is not viable

43 minutes ago, Sleeper47 said:

they did say get a used one for cheap price but they run the same price as ryzen 7 2700 so thats why also for me, this option is not viable

same price as an r7 1700 is not cheap. 

43 minutes ago, Sleeper47 said:

sure, ill check those out. thanks for your recommendations

i can put together some components if you disclose the country you will buy from

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

i can put together some components if you disclose the country you will buy from

actually helps me a lot. I would buy my stuffs in Germany at the meantime. Sorry for late reply; was driving home.

2 hours ago, Sleeper47 said:

actually helps me a lot. I would buy my stuffs in Germany at the meantime.

Just keep the power supply and your current graphics card and change the CPU, MOBO, RAM to something like this. Remains under your budget and will solve your issue.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€199.90 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€88.89 @ Alternate) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€83.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€69.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€34.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €477.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-13 18:41 CEST+0200

18 minutes ago, Blind X said:

Just keep the power supply and your current graphics card and change the CPU, MOBO, RAM to something like this. Remains under your budget and will solve your issue.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€199.90 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€88.89 @ Alternate) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€83.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€69.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€34.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €477.54

thanks for the recommendation. this site has been a very huge help to me so far. Another thing to consider, is it advisable to wait til Black Friday / Cyber Monday or grab those items immediately? I am not too familiar with PC part picker web.. 

1 hour ago, Sleeper47 said:

thanks for the recommendation. this site has been a very huge help to me so far. Another thing to consider, is it advisable to wait til Black Friday / Cyber Monday or grab those items immediately? I am not too familiar with PC part picker web.. 

Depends upon you. If you are not in a hurry then surely you will get some discounts but you will have to wait 2 and a half months for that. Personally if it was my money, I would have bought it immediately.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€184.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€78.80 @ Alza) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€74.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€119.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€69.90 @ Caseking) 
Total: €528.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-13 20:52 CEST+0200

here is for CPU encoding. PSU is solid enough to support any upgrade you would want and the CPU will allow for CPU encoding for recording among other things.