What is the oldest game you keep going back to ?

StormtrooperStu

Well, the title says it all really.

Watching FrakkieonPC playing Dayz reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl.

I re installed it with a few mods and am enjoying it more than any modern game.

What game can you not give up ?

Nothing to see here - move along.

Counter strike

Sometimes Doom

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Rogue Trooper. I still believe to this day that Avatar was influenced by it.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Pharaoh is one that gets revisted a lot. That's probably the oldest that I revisit.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sad thing is that it's not THAT old..

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Legend of Zelda Link To The Past and Ocarina of Time

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

SimCity 3000.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

gta3 and starcraft (that includes all expansions)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

GTA IV, not too old but never runs out of mods.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

I laugh at the number of people in these classic game threads that name games that are less than 10 years old.

I'm not especially old (mid twenties) but I love to go back to the NES Marios and Super Mario 64. And since video games weren't specified I always enjoy a good pinball table or a good game of chess.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Counter strike

Sometimes Doom

Doom, class, play in a browser.

not that old, but FO3

Class game with the right mods.

Rogue Trooper. I still believe to this day that Avatar was influenced by it.

Never heard of it but will check it out.

Pharaoh is one that gets revisted a lot. That's probably the oldest that I revisit.

? I must look it up.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sad thing is that it's not THAT old..

BC2 is class and very funny. 

Re-Volt or Grand Touring. In fact, played both today.

No idea on them but will check.

I laugh at the number of people in these classic game threads that name games that are less than 10 years old.

I'm not especially old (mid twenties) but I love to go back to the NES Marios and Super Mario 64. And since video games weren't specified I always enjoy a good pinball table or a good game of chess.

Who said it was a classic game thread ?  :P

I still play Mario on the SNES and so do my kids. 

C&C Red Alert 2

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

I play Mario on my SNES emulator since I don't have a SNES... :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This isn't some sort of competition. It's not as if you're somehow a more legitimate gamer than people who still play relatively new games. 

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

This isn't some sort of competition. It's not as if you're somehow a more legitimate gamer than people who still play relatively new games. 

Lets not go there guys.

I didn't say so either. I was just trying to say that I find the difference in perspective amusing. It's not as if I somehow think less of someone just because I have a different view than them. :)

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Very good point. It's just amusing how the younger you are the more recent old is. I really didn't mean to start anything.

It's not as if I somehow think less of someone just because I have a different view than them. :)

It seems like that was exactly what you meant with the sentence "I laugh at the number of people in these classic game threads that name games that are less than 10 years old."

But fine, whatever. I quit.

Very good point. It's just amusing how the younger you are the more recent old is. I really didn't mean to start anything.

You're cool.