Best gpu for 1080p 60hz monitor?

Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
17 minutes ago, Sophia Loren said:

Many people said that there will be screen tearing and lagging something like that.

thats just lies....... tearing occurs when 2 different frames are drawn on screen at the same time. 

it might be a tad powerful for 1080p, but its gonna do 1080p for a pretty long time. 

So it wouldn't be a good experience playing on it.

it would be a mighty fine experience playing on it. you might want to enable Vsync if some tearing occurs (thats not linked to the GPU being too powerful). 

you can use the 2060 no problem. 

Hi guys,
I'm stuck on deciding the gpu of my pc build. Just when i finally decided to buy the RTX 2060, i just found out that it is overkill for my full hd 60hz monitor. Many people said that there will be screen tearing and lagging something like that. So it wouldn't be a good experience playing on it. I just bought the monitor last month and it wasn't my plan to build a pc at that time. My plan was to buy a gaming laptop. But i have changed my mind and thought to build a gaming pc instead. Now I'm not sure which gpu to buy. I can't upgrade my monitor for at least 2 or 3 years so I'm not sure which gpu would be compatible with my 60hz monitor. My monitor does have free sync in it. So i am thinking maybe 1660 ti would be compatible. Please any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Just now, Sophia Loren said:

What's your budget/country for the PC?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Many people said that there will be screen tearing and lagging something like that.

thats just lies....... tearing occurs when 2 different frames are drawn on screen at the same time. 

it might be a tad powerful for 1080p, but its gonna do 1080p for a pretty long time. 

So it wouldn't be a good experience playing on it.

it would be a mighty fine experience playing on it. you might want to enable Vsync if some tearing occurs (thats not linked to the GPU being too powerful). 

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

What's your budget/country for the PC?

PC SPECS:

- cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

- mainboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX AMD Motherboard

- graphic card: GALAX RTX 2060EX (1 Click OC) 6GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

- psu: Antee NeoEco 650M 650 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze Semi Modular Power Supply or CORSAIR CX650 650 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED MODULAR ATX POWER SUPPLY
Thanks!

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

That's great to hear. I am trying to build my first pc. 

PC SPECS:

- cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

- mainboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX AMD Motherboard

- graphic card: GALAX RTX 2060EX (1 Click OC) 6GB GDDR6 Graphics Card { This the highest gpu i could get under my budget for gpu}

- psu: Antee NeoEco 650M 650 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze Semi Modular Power Supply or CORSAIR CX650 650 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED MODULAR ATX POWER SUPPLY
Thanks!

2 hours ago, Epimetheus said:

You can keep the 2060, it's not worth It to downgrade. Maybe you can save for a monitor upgrade later on

Okay thank you. sounds great.

1 minute ago, Sophia Loren said:

CORSAIR CX650 650 WATT

get this one, not the other one. 

2 minutes ago, Sophia Loren said:

graphic card: GALAX RTX 2060EX (1 Click OC) 6GB GDDR6 Graphics Card { This the highest gpu i could get under my budget for gpu}

you might be able to get a aftermarket rx 5700, but pricing can be "eh" on those. so that there does seem like the best you can get. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

get this one, not the other one. 

you might be able to get a aftermarket rx 5700, but pricing can be "eh" on those. so that there does seem like the best you can get. 

okay. thank you for your recommendations.

Get the 2060 and run your stuff on ultra. Sure it’s overkill right now but it should age well on a 60hz monitor 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Get the 2060 and run your stuff on ultra. Sure it’s overkill right now but it should age well on a 60hz monitor 

Okay. Thank you. I will definitely take the 2060 without any hesitation.