MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC + ryzen 5 3600

hi guys! i have been wanting to build a PC with the ryzen 5 3600 cpu (fits budget perfectly) and i am confused on the motherboard. After watching some videos and going through reddit i learned that the x570 mobos are pointless if you don't want pcie 4.0 and that's why i am considering to buy a b450 mobo i.e. the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (fits my needs and good vrms for oc) BUT! Do i need to do a BIOS update or flashback (idk if they are same) before installing the new zen 2 ryzen 5 3600... please help guys as i don't know how to go with this procedure and people are saying i would need a ryzen 2000 series cpu to update the BIOS first and then install the 3600. 

help 

5 minutes ago, Abhinavp said:

hi guys! i have been wanting to build a PC with the ryzen 5 3600 cpu (fits budget perfectly) and i am confused on the motherboard. After watching some videos and going through reddit i learned that the x570 mobos are pointless if you don't want pcie 4.0 and that's why i am considering to buy a b450 mobo i.e. the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (fits my needs and good vrms for oc) BUT! Do i need to do a BIOS update or flashback (idk if they are same) before installing the new zen 2 ryzen 5 3600... please help guys as i don't know how to go with this procedure and people are saying i would need a ryzen 2000 series cpu to update the BIOS first and then install the 3600. 

help 

From the site for that motherboard - 

• Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.

AS long as you have a USB drive and another computer you will be ok.  No 2000 series needed.

7 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

From the site for that motherboard - 

• Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.

AS long as you have a USB drive and another computer you will be ok.  No 2000 series needed.

thanks for the fast reply! is there any chance that the mobo is already updated to the latest bios and if there is, how would i be able to know?

Just now, Abhinavp said:

is there any chance that the mobo is already updated to the latest bios and if there is, how would i be able to know?

There is a good chance it is.  

Put the CPU and RAM in and try and boot.  If you get to BIOS, you're good.  If not, use the Flash BIOS to update.

6 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

There is a good chance it is.  

Put the CPU and RAM in and try and boot.  If you get to BIOS, you're good.  If not, use the Flash BIOS to update.

thanks m8!

Don't worry about overclocking, your not gonna get anywhere with it. I use the 3600 with a B450 tomahawk and everything has been great

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

On 9/5/2019 at 10:59 PM, Gohardgrandpa said:

Don't worry about overclocking, your not gonna get anywhere with it. I use the 3600 with a B450 tomahawk and everything has been great

Noted!