i've a very old computer and i want to convert it into a NAS

i've a unused computer in my vault it's manufactured by ASUS as far as i remember its name is Eee TOP

it's running windows Vista it's processor is intel atom so it's more than a decade old pc

i want to use it as a NAS to backup my Hi-Res Audio Files

what's the best os to install it on this aged pc to do so

4 minutes ago, Ahmedelgohary94 said:

i've a unused computer in my vault it's manufactured by ASUS as far as i remember its name is Eee TOP

it's running windows Vista it's processor is intel atom so it's more than a decade old pc

i want to use it as a NAS to backup my Hi-Res Audio Files

what's the best os to install it on this aged pc to do so

I believe your device only has a 32-bit CPU, which means most recent general Linux-distros or NAS OSes won't work on it. I think you'd be better off buying a used PC with 64-bit CPU -- you can often find a mobo, CPU and some RAM for $40-$80.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I believe your device only has a 32-bit CPU, which means most recent general Linux-distros or NAS OSes won't work on it. I think you'd be better off buying a used PC with 64-bit CPU -- you can often find a mobo, CPU and some RAM for $40-$80.

well i'm not welling to spend money because i'll change my workstation GPU so i don't have that fancy right now so i can run 32 bit freeNAS 9 on it but i don't know how to configure it

Just now, PunkmeisterD said:

Are you going to use linux server as the os, or just vista.

Linux,BSD any lightweight OS