Can removing keycaps ruin my keyboard?

NystriX
Go to solution Solved by jk441,

Nope u should be totally fine if u use the key-cap remover :)

I use a budget Chinese mechanical keyboard from an anonymous Chinese brand, there is no listing on the box if possible to remove the keycaps... should it be listed or is that u can remove the keycaps on every mechanical keyboard? (This is my first mechanical keyboard so I have no idea how this whole business works ...)

PS2 Fat(JP) : PS2 S Silver(EU) : PS3 Super Slim : Nintendo Switch
Wii(x2) : SNES CE : Xbox One : Xbox 360 S(EU) : PS Vita 2000

oh and btw, YES I have this weird fork that should remove the keycaps I borrowed from a friend

If it is an actual mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX style switches, you should be able. Some rubber dome over membrane keyboards market themselves as mechanical, and you might not be able to remove the keycaps on some of them. 

:)

What keyboard is it?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If it is an actual mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX style switches, you should be able. Some rubber dome over membrane keyboards market themselves as mechanical, and you might not be able to remove the keycaps on some of them. 

It's 100% mechanical

1 minute ago, TomvanWijnen said:

What keyboard is it?

its basiclly that "Redragon" keyboard Linus recommended in that video

but instad of "redragon" it says "DRAGON GAMING GEAR", same keyboard just a different logo... found it on a local store for 200 shekels at gr8 discount(i think the original price was 280 shekels) and the one Linus recommended cost 234 shekels(with shipping, and also the one i found has a Hebrew letters so that's a bonus for me) so i just bought it ... I didn't even ask what switches it has lol