Does brushed alluminium prevents fingerprints or no?

TheMidnightNarwhal

On Corsair's site, they claim that their brushed aluminum fascia is "durable and resistant to scratches and fingerprints.". Since when does brushed aluminium doesen't attracts fingerprints?

no, brushed aluminum attracts finger prints, it just makes scratches look less obvious

You won't really notice fingerprints on them right away, but you will notice stains start to occur over time. Just don't touch it a lot and it will be fine

The painting style of brushed aluminium doesn't really attract your hands to touch it @_ASSASSIN_

But blemishes can become more obvious to the naked eye. Brushed aluminium is like a aesthetic factor so it doesn't help reduce finger staining.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

The painting style of brushed aluminium doesn't really attract your hands to touch it @_ASSASSIN_

But blemishes can become more obvious to the naked eye. Brushed aluminium is like a aesthetic factor so it doesn't help reduce finger staining.

You won't really notice fingerprints on them right away, but you will notice stains start to occur over time. Just don't touch it a lot and it will be fine

no, brushed aluminum attracts finger prints, it just makes scratches look less obvious

Ok, well I guess I will just remove the plastic film when my build is over.

Fingerprints can actually be etched into aluminum due to the oils on our fingertips.  They are probably saying that so people aren't scared that the fingerprints will show up.  I wouldn't be deterred by the cases having brushed aluminum finishes.

It attracts them like crazy, and the oils on your skin cause it to blemish.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Fingerprints can actually be etched into aluminum due to the oils on our fingertips.  They are probably saying that so people aren't scared that the fingerprints will show up.  I wouldn't be deterred by the cases having brushed aluminum finishes.

Yeah... I will make sure to only touch the buttons, and put a pair of gloves near the case saying "please put these on before touching my PC, thank you!" :D

the metal might be resistant but constant touching will attack the metal. Same thing with my line of work as a welder stainless steel , mild steel , high carbon steel, aluminum all oxides. There will be a coating on the brushed aluminum to stop that but the oils on your skin will eat away at unless u clean them away very quick. The effect will just add up with more touching as all peoples skin is differ so will the time to stain the metal. If you have a old case that is and metal that will oxides you can use asatone(use at own risk) to remove the oils. But this will attack any plastic that it comes into contact with and will weaken its bonds.Realy anything that will work to remove oils will help keep it lasting longer.

My rig.... cpu i7-920 , MB asus p6t se , RAM 8gigs , GPU evga 760 sc , Case antec 900, western digital 2x500 gigs hhd , PSU  antec 800w , Display syncmaster 2233rz , Cooling antec kulher h20 620 ,  keyboard / mouse / headset    G15 keyboard , g500 mouse , Razor megladon headset

the metal might be resistant but constant touching will attack the metal. Same thing with my line of work as a welder stainless steel , mild steel , high carbon steel, aluminum all oxides. There will be a coating on the brushed aluminum to stop that but the oils on your skin will eat away at unless u clean them away very quick. The effect will just add up with more touching as all peoples skin is differ so will the time to stain the metal. If you have a old case that is and metal that will oxides you can use asatone(use at own risk) to remove the oils. But this will attack any plastic that it comes into contact with and will weaken its bonds.Realy anything that will work to remove oils will help keep it lasting longer.

Some people say tin cleaner works but meh I guess, right?

Meh brushed aluminium isn't that worse imo - the TJ11 that isn't brushed but anodized & sandblasted is a fingerprint disaster.