(AUS) Gaming Build High FPS

Okers

I would pick 650W PSU just to have some breathing room.

Try getting 3600Mhz RAM. Its optimal speed for Zen 2. 3200Mhz is still fine though.

Don't waste money on 2080 Super. Its only a couple % faster than standard 2080 while being noticeably more expensive.

Make sure that CPU cooler won't Fryzen your Ryzen because then your CPU will be Friedzen. Jokes aside, get a different cooler. This one looks hella overpriced and its intended for Threadripper CPUs. Get Dark Rock Pro 4 instead.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

11 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Try getting 3600Mhz RAM. Its optimal speed for Zen 2. 3200Mhz is still fine though.

Don't waste money on 2080 Super. Its only a couple % faster than standard 2080 while being noticeably more expensive.

Make sure that CPU cooler won't Fryzen your Ryzen because then your CPU will be Friedzen. Jokes aside, get a different cooler. This one looks hella overpriced and its intended for Threadripper CPUs. Get Dark Rock Pro 4 instead.

His whole build will use 400W max under load. You'd have to do some heavy overclocking to get it to 550.

As for the cooler, Dark Rock is not needed. The included Wraith Prism is more than enough.

13 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

what about that

Do you have a particular budget in mind?

Would you explain your monitor choices please.

Is RGB important?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($692.41 @ Amazon Australia)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Captain 240 Pro 69.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390-PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($320.34 @ Newegg Australia)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4133 Memory  ($351.00 @ I-Tech)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($169.00 @ Amazon Australia)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card  ($2073.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Case: In Win 305 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.00 @ Shopping Express)
Power Supply: Gigabyte 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.00 @ Centre Com)
Total: $3962.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-05 12:46 AEST+1000

14 hours ago, Okers said:

budget:3000 - 4000 australian dollar just for pc

peripheral already have

monitor is asus rog swift pg258Q

Greetings fellow Aussie.

I can say I built myself a system in the last couple months in about the same price range (in our dollars) 3 or 4 grand is going to give you some real flexibility, which is great..

For the GPU I went with a Geforce RTX 2070 Super for about $9000 AUD (which had just come out) because right now it's probably the best $-to-performance ratio card out there. The next steps up are bleeding edge and considerably more expensive.

CPU-wise I went for an i7 9700k. This was before Ryzen 3, which I would agree with people is probably a better option now.

I went for 32GB Ram, which is a good number right now. Most will argue 16GB is fine.

Suffice to say if you're not including peripherals you can do a lot with $3,000 AUD. If you're less worried about aesthetics (RGB etc) you can definitely invest more in things like a high-capacity NVME M.2 drive or a larger spinning drive for data.

7 hours ago, Okers said:

when the ryzen 9 3950X comes out do you reckon i could put that in there in stead of the 3700X

You could, tho there isnt a whole lot of reason to. The option is allways there

7 hours ago, Okers said:

what about that

Lools allright.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:27 PM, brob said:

Do you have a particular budget in mind?

Would you explain your monitor choices please.

Is RGB important?

not a particular one right now just to over the top

do you recommend 2 or 3 monitors and what monitor would you choose and rgb is not important

what i want at the moment: ryzen 7 3900X or 3950X when it comes out

2080 TI graphics card

2 or 3 monitor setup and i also have no particular budget right now

this is the third request you have done............... (edit: withing a short timespan)

also, there is allways a budget

also, you still dont say country so we can get pricing (i know its AU because looking through your day old other threads gets me that info)

also you dont say you allready have a monitor

3950X for gaming? With an MSRP of $750, a full $350 more than the 3900X, which is already excessive for gaming, the only reason to have it is bragging rights. If you want to spend superfluous money on a gaming CPU, the 3800X is what you want. And instead of a dual monitor setup:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fQm323/dell-u4919dw-490-5120x1440-60-hz-monitor-u4919dw

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't repost on same subject multiple times. Just keep posting your refined parts list here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/5/2019 at 1:39 AM, GoldenLag said:

this is the third request you have done............... (edit: withing a short timespan)

also, there is allways a budget

also, you still dont say country so we can get pricing (i know its AU because looking through your day old other threads gets me that info)

also you dont say you allready have a monitor

ok budget is 3500 - 4000

yes i am from australia  that doesn’t make sense

On 9/5/2019 at 1:40 AM, Fasauceome said:

3950X for gaming? With an MSRP of $750, a full $350 more than the 3900X, which is already excessive for gaming, the only reason to have it is bragging rights. If you want to spend superfluous money on a gaming CPU, the 3800X is what you want. And instead of a dual monitor setup:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fQm323/dell-u4919dw-490-5120x1440-60-hz-monitor-u4919dw

so what ryzen cpu do you think is the best for gaming

4 minutes ago, Okers said:

ok budget is 3500 - 4000

yes i am from australia 

that doesn’t make sense

Well, then take the build mentioned earlier in this now merged thread. 

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Well, then take the build mentioned earlier in this now merged thread. 

how much fps would that be on AAA games do you think

22 minutes ago, Okers said:

so what ryzen cpu do you think is the best for gaming

The 3800X like I mentioned

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, Okers said:

how much fps would that be on AAA games do you think

more than enough. depends on the title offcourse. also depends on the monitor you are using. the ultrawide will give lower framerate but much better visual fidelity. 

On 9/5/2019 at 4:06 AM, Fasauceome said:

The 3800X like I mentioned

ok thanks

On 9/5/2019 at 4:13 AM, GoldenLag said:

more than enough. depends on the title offcourse. also depends on the monitor you are using. the ultrawide will give lower framerate but much better visual fidelity. 

how many monitors do you think i should use 2, 3 or ultra wide and normal monitor 

1 minute ago, Okers said:

how many monitors do you think i should use 2, 3 or ultra wide and normal monitor 

depends on what you are doing, but i would suggest 1 panel for high refresh gaming. and 1 panel for cinematic gaming and literally everything else. 

32 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

depends on what you are doing, but i would suggest 1 panel for high refresh gaming. and 1 panel for cinematic gaming and literally everything else. 

and what are the best monitors for that

40 minutes ago, Okers said:

and what are the best monitors for that

the ultrawide IPS panel i linked would more or less be the best for that. 

so 1440p 120hz freesyng/gsync ultrawide using an IPS panel. 

so an ips panel for cinematic gaming and everything else  

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

the ultrawide IPS panel i linked would more or less be the best for that. 

so 1440p 120hz freesyng/gsync ultrawide using an IPS panel. 

9 minutes ago, Okers said:

The one i linked in the build i provided. 

It gives you a lot of realestate while being able to watch movies without black bars at the top and bottom.

6 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

The one i linked in the build i provided. 

It gives you a lot of realestate while being able to watch movies without black bars at the top and bottom.

ok what will i use for high refresh gaming

44 minutes ago, Okers said:

ok what will i use for high refresh gaming

You can just use the ultrawide. Or literally any 144hz TN panel, bu unless you are doing it profesionally. The ultrawide is good enough