Why does my Panasonic G85 show green artifacts in images?

My Panasonic G85 has been showing strange green (sometimes purple colored) artifacts especially in dark areas. They constantly pop up in my photos and it looks really ugly. I've put a test shot with a light to dark gradient to show the problem most clearly. The artifacts show up in the top left corner of the image (though faint). It seems like its noticeable more in dark, blurry areas of the image which is a problem for bokeh shots.

EDIT: I've posted another shot below this one which shows the green artifacts more clearly.

P1370596.JPG

P1370603.JPG

Top left? I'm not seeing anything notably unusual. Just sensor noise and compression artifacts. Shoot with a longer exposure time and lower ISO to get a strong signal to noise ratio and avoid looking at images at 100% zoom, they rarely look good.

Appears to be color noise there. What are the exposure settings being used? Are you using the auto mode?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

22 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Appears to be color noise there. What are the exposure settings being used? Are you using the auto mode?

I'm using Aperture priority mode with an iso of 3200 on these images to make it more obvious, though I take images with iso 200 that also have green artifacting like the one below.

IMG_E3181[1].JPG

10 minutes ago, Mutahar Farooq said:

I'm using Aperture priority mode with an iso of 3200 on these images to make it more obvious, though I take images with iso 200 that also have green artifacting like the one below.

IMG_E3181[1].JPG

Did you just get this camera, or have you had this camera for awhile and the issue didn't exist/wasn't noticed before? Have you used the camera in such low loght conditions befpre? What is your processing pipeline? Do you shoot jpeg or raw, do you process your photos? There are a number of potential ways that unexpected noise can crop up, whether the camera was simply never push hard before and so escaped notice, or if there is a legitimate problem with the sensor.

The Bayer filter is tuned to allow more green to pass through than either red or blue. When heavily underexposed, the sensor is probably detecting portions of the underexposed area as a subtle green. Running the ISO higher amplifies the noise naturally.

https://m.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-g85-g80/8

If you look to the jpeg photo, you'll notice some green in the image. If you're not already, I would probably recommend shooting RAW and processing ths images separate.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

9 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Did you just get this camera, or have you had this camera for awhile and the issue didn't exist/wasn't noticed before? Have you used the camera in such low loght conditions befpre? What is your processing pipeline? Do you shoot jpeg or raw, do you process your photos? There are a number of potential ways that unexpected noise can crop up, whether the camera was simply never push hard before and so escaped notice, or if there is a legitimate problem with the sensor.

The Bayer filter is tuned to allow more green to pass through than either red or blue. When heavily underexposed, the sensor is probably detecting portions of the underexposed area as a subtle green. Running the ISO higher amplifies the noise naturally.

If you look to the jpeg photo, you'll notice some green in the image. If you're not already, I would probably recommend shooting RAW and processing ths images separate.

I've had this camera since June 2018 and I think I never noticed it because I looked at my first ever images on this camera and it shows up in dark areas as well. I shoot JPEG with the Vivid color profile adjusted to -2 Contrast, +2 Sharpness, +1 NR, and -1 Saturation, though my older images didn't use this color profile and the green artifacting still shows up on them. I rarely process my photos unless they're from travel or are important.

On 9/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, Zodiark1593 said:

I'm also not entirely sure if it's due to color noise or if it is actually a sensor problem.