Which ram kit is compatible with "ASUS TUF gaming x570 plus + 3700x"?

Hi there friends

Please help me choose a stable Dual channel DDR4 Ram Kit (16GB or 32GB) for this combination "ASUS TUF gaming x570 plus + Ryzen 7 3700x".

May I just buy any 3200MHz DDR4 RAM kit?

I will never overclock, and my purpose and usage is for Blender, Krita, GODOT etc on Linux (UBUNTU).

I want to buy a 16GB kit or a 32GB kit.

Thanks in advance friends. I appreciate your time.

Edited by kumara

53 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

about any 3000+ mhz kit?

ideally you get samsung b or micron e, but that can be rather... pricy

Interesting! So, even a 3000MHz RAM is compatible with this combination!? Will it work without causing any problems? ??

On AMD Website it is mentioned as 3200MHz. But when I look at Comments of users, who bought some 3600MHz DDR4 RAM kits (On Newegg website), they were complaining about incomparability and unstable system. Then they over clocked and tried to stabilize their systems. But I dont know anything about overclocking. Hence I am confused and afraid to buy. I will wait for few more replies before taking my decision.

Thanks for a fast reply. ?

Edited by kumara

Most common would be a 3200mhz kit. Preferably 3600mhz. 

You wont need to do any manual overclocking with either speed or any other speeds for that matter, besides selecting the xmp profile in the bios.  9/10 it works out of box I’d say. Especially zen 2 has become good with ram now

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Most common would be a 3200mhz kit. Preferably 3600mhz. 

You wont need to do any manual overclocking with either speed or any other speeds for that matter, besides selecting the xmp profile in the bios.  9/10 it works out of box I’d say. Especially zen 2 has become good with ram now

So, You are saying that 3600MHz might work better and stable at 3200MHz?

Thanks in advance friend. ?

45 minutes ago, kumara said:

So, You are saying that 3600MHz might work better and stable at 3200MHz?

Thanks in advance friend. ?

No I mean if you buy ram rated at X speed that’s where it’ll run at if you select the xmp profile in bios 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

No I mean if you buy ram rated at X speed that’s where it’ll run at if you select the xmp profile in bios 

Thank you, I will read about XMP profiles before buying. ✌️? I think I need to understand that.

XMP is IMHO a bit overrated. I always get better results (both CPU and RAM benches) with Ryzen DRAM Calculator.

Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM-s ARE Micron E-die, those are very capable and cheap units. You might want to check them. Another budget-ish solution is Hynix CJR die, those also achieve kind of good values with Ryzen.

IMHO Zen2 CPU-s perform damn well with PBO enabled, WITHOUT any manual tweaking, so, you won't lose anything by skipping CPU overclocking. I think so..

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

11 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

XMP is IMHO a bit overrated. I always get better results (both CPU and RAM benches) with Ryzen DRAM Calculator.

Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM-s ARE Micron E-die, those are very capable and cheap units. You might want to check them. Another budget-ish solution is Hynix CJR die, those also achieve kind of good values with Ryzen.

IMHO Zen2 CPU-s perform damn well with PBO enabled, WITHOUT any manual tweaking, so, you won't lose anything by skipping CPU overclocking. I think so..

Thanks for your time and sharing your opinions/suggestions with me friend. I understood a bit about XMP. As I am on Linux, I will try to find Linux Based tools to solve RAM related issues.

Edited by kumara

6 minutes ago, kumara said:

Thanks for your time friend. I understood a bit about XMP. As I am on Linux, I will try to find Linux Based tools to solve RAM related issues.

I think it'd be easier to get the memories, then ask someone for RAM profile settings. I can provide them (takes ~15 secs to get the values) as long as I know what is the RAM's chipset manufacturer& CPU& Mobo. : )

3 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I think it'd be easier to get the memories, then ask someone for RAM profile settings. I can provide them (takes ~15 secs to get the values) as long as I know what is the RAM's chipset manufacturer& CPU& Mobo. : )

I will sure ask when I buy RAM. For now I have Finalized on Ryzen 3700x and Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus.

@kumara Let us know once you bought the kit. Perhaps you could also link a shop where you'd like to buy them, so that we can make recommendations for memory.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:28 PM, Vejnemojnen said:

@kumara Let us know once you bought the kit. Perhaps you could also link a shop where you'd like to buy them, so that we can make recommendations for memory.

Hi there,

Can you please check if this DDR4 RAM is compatible with Ryzen 3700x and Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus.

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000MHz, 16-20-20-38

8 hours ago, kumara said:

Hi there,

Can you please check if this DDR4 RAM is compatible with Ryzen 3700x and Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus.

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000MHz, 16-20-20-38

I think those 'll work. Worked with 2600&B450, so I see no reason why it'd be problematic with better memory compatibility package (X570&3700x)

99.999% of working without hassle

10 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I think those 'll work. Worked with 2600&B450, so I see no reason why it'd be problematic with better memory compatibility package (X570&3700x)

Thank you. I am waiting for motherboard to arrive today. I check and update here.

I'm building my first pc worried the ram I bought wont work see photo I have a 3700x cpu 

20190910_153810.jpg

23 hours ago, Mike UK said:

I'm building my first pc worried the ram I bought wont work see photo I have a 3700x cpu

Maybe it can work at lower speeds too. But still, I suggest you to post this in its own thread. Then you will get better answers.

I have settled with 2 x 8GB 3000Mhz RAMs, as I bought RTX 2070 Super. I wish I had bought one 16GB RAM 3200Mhz. So, that I could have bought another 16GB later. I am able to see the limitation now. 16 GB is not enough. But I ran out of money. ?

Edited by kumara

On 9/6/2019 at 1:06 AM, Vejnemojnen said:

My System is stable and working Fine with these "2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000MHz, 16-20-20-38" RAMs.

Get Ballistix sport sticks, mine are able to run 3800mhz with shitty timings, so i will probably be able to run them at 3400 with decent timings.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

15 minutes ago, Mathieu9836 said:

Get Ballistix sport sticks, mine are able to run 3800mhz with shitty timings, so i will probably be able to run them at 3400 with decent timings.

It was already recommended to the OP above. See this comment. with a nice database of OC-ing Micron E-die :) 

@kumara Now it's the time to optimize them with DRAM Calculator For Ryzen. : ) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 5:55 PM, Mike UK said:

20190910_153810.jpg

I want to buy the Asus x570 Tuf Gaming Plus With Corsair DDR4 3600 and i want to know if all works fine for you (I saw on Asus Site that 3600 isn't mentioned with ryzen 3 gen)?

21 minutes ago, Altair72 said:

I want to buy the Asus x570 Tuf Gaming Plus With Corsair DDR4 3600 and i want to know if all works fine for you (I saw on Asus Site that 3600 isn't mentioned with ryzen 3 gen)?

Only thing the QVL list give you is support from the board vendor because this exact same kit with the same SKU was tested to work, doesnt mean all the other won't work. I used ''z170'' compatible ram kit for my ryzen 2400G build, worked pretty good so far.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2019 at 11:41 AM, Vejnemojnen said:

Hey @Vejnemojnen,

I might need a hand setting up my ram, I have:

ASUS TUF gaming x570 plus + Ryzen 7 3700x and ordered Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 based on the LTT video on how you should get 3600 ram for the 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs (I actually canceled my order for 3200 ram to get 3600, cause I trust LTT).

22 minutes ago, Jconstant said:

Hey @Vejnemojnen,

ASUS TUF gaming x570 plus + Ryzen 7 3700x and ordered Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 based on the LTT video on how you should get 3600 ram for the 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs (I actually canceled my order for 3200 ram to get 3600, cause I trust LTT).

You might want to make your own post ( nothing rude here). We try to avoid mixing everyone issues on the same post and focusing on a single issue at the time. We will be more than happy to help you ?

BTW welcome on LTT

21 hours ago, Jconstant said:

Hey @Vejnemojnen,

Honestly. I know very little. I mostly use DRAM CALCULATOR safe preset, sometimes with a bit looser tRFC, and aim for as low as possible RAM, SOC voltage. I wish i could help, but I'm afraid, I can't tell much more.