Cursed pc building images

Anden
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, CircleTech said:

I will bring back the thread!

Image result for cursed computers

This is more or less a missing link in the evolution of mice.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Patriot also made a mouse with 2 scroll wheels a couple of years ago but i don't really see the point of having 2 scroll wheels on a mouse.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.png

Specs

CPU: R5 1600

GPU : EVGA RTX 2060 XC

RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB 2400Mhz

MB: GIgabyte AB350M

Storage: x1 Saamsung 850 evo 256GB SSD x1 Toshiba P300 3TB HDD

PSU: EVGA 750 B2

Case: Apevia X-Sniper2-BL

Laptops T430,T440p

I don't have a pic of this, as it happened a long time ago, but you can picture this pretty vividly.

I worked at an engineering firm using real honest to god IBM systems (not Lenovo branded, IBM branded) in a desktop configuration.

Mine was running rather hot (exhaust from power supply) so I figured I'd open the case and clean it out.

Well, at the time, IBM used some funky screws that couldn't be opened by normal tools. but I had a co-worker who was an air force tech and had the right tools.

So he brings it in the next day, and we take the desktop outside whereupon he opens the top.

Inside, you could not see any of the parts for the massive layer of dust covering *everything*

We had a good laugh at why the system was overheating, and pulled out the air compressor and proceeded to create a tornado of dust.

Once that was cleared out, we looked inside, to find an ancient (quite large) pretzel stick sandwiched between two PCI slots.

Given that the system hadn't been opened ever before, we figured the assembly person had put it there before closing up the case (and painting the screws shut) for shipping.

Good for a laugh all afternoon.  

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Screen_Shot_2016-03-10_at_3.13.27_PM.0.0

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

Amusing. I believe there was a Barbie-themed one as well

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.