Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

32 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

cause i don't like the loading speeds of windows 10 

Okay, disable your load-on-boot apps and turn some settings off - done

31 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

and i hate the design of 10

Then download some skins and covers...seriously, if you're trying to find an excuse to use an ancient OS, your problem - we won't recommend an insecure and old OS

Just now, 5x5 said:

Okay, disable your load-on-boot apps and turn some settings off - done

OP probably has a shitton of malware and viruses installed, but blames Windows for it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

That's more of a bottleneck than the OS tbh...

3470's aren't bad for fucking around in Windows 10 though... They're still plenty capable.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just now, WereCatf said:

OP probably has a shitton of malware and viruses installed, but blames Windows for it.

actually no i don't 

Just now, flibberdipper said:

3470's aren't bad for fucking around in Windows 10 though... They're still plenty capable.

I imagine the OP is annoyed that the OS doesn't boot instantly like a modern CPU on a 4GB/s NVMe drive so he's blaming the OS. And some viruses here and there from downloading fun stuff

Just now, Mattsk said:

its a kingston a400 120

So you are using a low-end SATA SSD and complaining that it takes ~10 seconds to boot? Welp, welcome to Earth.

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

That's more of a bottleneck than the OS tbh...

What? The i5-3470 is perfectly capable of running W10.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You can customize it to hell and back

I want the bubbles screensaver without the background freezing/going black, can you help me? :) I also want alt tab to be able to take me to the desktop, could you please help me with that too? :P (or anyone else for that matter)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Just now, r2724r16 said:

What? The i5-3470 is perfectly capable of running W10.

Read above :D

Just now, Mattsk said:

its a kingston a400 120

Ah, that explains it. Kingston's SSD's are not exactly known to be good performers when compared to Samsung's EVO lineup or Crucial's MX series...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

Ah, that explains it. Kingston's SSD's are not exactly known to be good performers when compared to Samsung's EVO lineup or Crucial's MX series...

HyperX branded ones are but his is literally the cheapest SSD on the market that I'd describe as usable - to be expected that it won't be like a 970 Pro

1 minute ago, Mattsk said:

its a kingston a400 120

That's not a particularly fast SSD to begin with. Also, have you made sure that it's connected to a SATA3-port and not a SATA2-port and that you have AHCI enabled?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Read above :D

You didn't explain anything above...

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

You didn't explain anything above...

The OP is expecting his A400 to perform like a 970 Pro - that's not possible with the Ivy CPU since there is no NVMe support, latency is higher and the BIOS is likely Legacy as well.

26 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

That's not a particularly fast SSD to begin with. Also, have you made sure that it's connected to a SATA3-port and not a SATA2-port and that you have AHCI enabled?

yeah its connected to a sata 3 port im trying a different here in a hour

23 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The OP is expecting his A400 to perform like a 970 Pro - that's not possible with the Ivy CPU since there is no NVMe support, latency is higher and the BIOS is likely Legacy as well.

its uefi and legacy 

1 minute ago, Mattsk said:

yeah its connected to a sata 3 port im trying a different here in a hour

Well, what kinds of read-speeds are you getting from that SSD? If they're ~250MB/s or less, then it's running in SATA2-mode.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Well, what kinds of read-speeds are you getting from that SSD? If they're ~250MB/s or less, then it's running in SATA2-mode.

around 480mb/s

Just now, Mattsk said:

around 480mb/s

Then you are getting the speeds you should be getting from it. You literally can't get more by going to Windows 7 because the SSD can't do more than that, period.

Just now, 5x5 said:

You're not really making any point. The OP's i5-3470 is not bottlenecking their system in terms of boot times.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Then you are getting the speeds you should be getting from it. You literally can't get more by going to Windows 7 because the SSD can't do more than that, period.

ik thats why i said im trying a different ssd i have

Just now, r2724r16 said:

You're not really making any point. The OP's i5-3470 is not bottlenecking their system in terms of boot times.

What I'm trying to say is - the OP is expecting miracles from his system and blaming the OS

18 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

What I'm trying to say is - the OP is expecting miracles from his system and blaming the OS

not at all 

i'm positive on what my pc is capable of