iMac, prebuilt or diy?

I'm looking to get a new machine for photo editing and some light video editing on Davinci resolve. don't want to get anything too high end. Definitely not a 9900k, perhaps something like a r5 3600 with a gtx 1660 n 16gb of RAM, and the iMac has the 9600k and rx580x.  I very much prefer the overall look and user experience of the iMac than anything else, but the iMac can't be cleaned which means its bound to have a limited lifespan. Any thoughts?

Also, am I making a wrong choice with the hardware for what I'm doing?

The moment anything in the imac fails, you'll either need to buy a new one or hope whatever failed is covered by Apple Care... Along with hoping that your data can be retrieved by the "geniuses" working there and overall being stuck in the overpriced Apple Ecosystem...

Since you mention the 9600k, I'm guessing you're thinking about the most expensive 27" iMac that starts at $2,299.00 for 8GB of RAM? (Or $2500 with 16GB of RAM... +$170 for applecare, lets not even mention all the dongles you might need)

You can get a pretty good DIY PC that match or exceed it + a good 27" 4k IPS monitor for that price...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

You can get a pretty good DIY PC that match or exceed it + a good 27" 4k IPS monitor for that price...

And buy a car to pick the parts up in

5 hours ago, jetforce said:

I'm looking to get a new machine for photo editing and some light video editing on Davinci resolve. don't want to get anything too high end. Definitely not a 9900k, perhaps something like a r5 3600 with a gtx 1660 n 16gb of RAM, and the iMac has the 9600k and rx580x.  I very much prefer the overall look and user experience of the iMac than anything else, but the iMac can't be cleaned which means its bound to have a limited lifespan. Any thoughts?

Also, am I making a wrong choice with the hardware for what I'm doing?

Build something that suits your needs. Then it will be upgradable with time. If you dont want to use Windows, from what I just saw, Davinci resolve runs on Linux. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.