Best build for $1000-$1100

Jays__

I'm looking for a build around $1000-$1100. My current PC has an i5-6500, 1060 6gb, 16gb ram, 1tb hdd, 128gb ssd with 2 27 inch 144hz g-sync monitors but I'm experiencing bottlenecking. I have around $500 and was thinking about upgrading my current PC but was told that It would be better to sell it and get a new build. I was offered $550 for my PC so now I'm trying to find the best bang for my buck. I'm using this PC for gaming mostly R6S and rust.

which country?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

which country?

US

You didn't define your "bottlenecking" but I'm guessing you meant that games didn't have enough frames.  That's completely expected since you have 144Hz fancy monitors (unsure if they're 1440p though) using a GTX 1060.  The easy fix here would have just been to get an RX 5700 and call it a day.  Didn't necessarily need to sell off the system, but if you already did it that's an ok-ish price I suppose depending on how nice your PSU was. 

The i5-6500 is not that old a CPU and it has good IPC so unless 1080p 144hz was your target, it's highly unlikely to hold you back on any 1440p gaming.

Just now, LogicWeasel said:

You didn't define your "bottlenecking" but I'm guessing you meant that games didn't have enough frames.  That's completely expected since you have 144Hz fancy monitors (unsure if they're 1440p though) using a GTX 1060.  The easy fix here would have just been to get an RX 5700 and call it a day.  Didn't necessarily need to sell off the system, but if you already did it that's an ok-ish price I suppose depending on how nice your PSU was.

I still have the PC and I'm experiencing extreme frame lag and my cpu is at 100% at all times when playing pretty much any semi-demanding game. I've been told to upgrade my CPU as it is causing the bottleneck.

2 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

and yes both monitors are 1440p

what is the frequency of your 16GB kit?

if its 3200 and you will use ryzen i would keep the ram, also i would sell $600 rather $550

anyways here is my list for it if youre selling all the pc parts and reusing monitors (of course)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($195.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler  ($59.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($195.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($109.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($289.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1111.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-24 02:05 EDT-0400

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol