Future proof Motherboard for i7 8700 music production!

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

I mean...

I read B350 - my mistake on that - but I explicitly told him he needs B360 or B365 minimum and works best on Z-series boards so idk what the problem is.

There has another Point I wanna go with Intel is because the iGPU.. right now I don't have money for a decent gpu.. As I won't do gaming I think regular tasks would be done with iGPU.. 

And for cheaper option I think Ryzen 5 3600 with a low end GPU wouldn't be worth it! 

That's Why I choose i7... 

Because I think i7 always has the longevity than Ryzen! 

Please correct me if I'm wrong! 

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Does Premiere Pro really prefer specifically Intel? Or is it just high single core perf, which Intel has traditionally had over Ryzen? 

The main thing with Premiere Pro is that when you're editing it, all the tools you the application uses are "single core" and you use multiple of tools making it "multi-threaded" but only having the multi-threaded doesn't help as it will hinder the performance of said tools for their dependency on single core (and a code that likes high frequencies).

Another major difference is since these tools are single core but then must result in the whole project Intel's hyper low latency Ring Bus also aids for the "snappier" feeling and performance as a whole.

All of this is also disregarding how you can use the iGPU for QuickSync hardware acceleration (which is stackable with CUDA/OpenCL) to improve exporting, rendering and so on... the i7 8700K at 5ghz will perform on pair with the TR1950X when rendering on Premiere Pro when you have iGPU QuickSync hardware acceleration enable.

This happens with After Effects, Photoshop and even Adobe Acrobat...

So it really isn't trying to be fanboy for Intel and recommend it when "Zen 2 best workstation CPUs evah" hype train is every where... it's just about the right hardware for the right software.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Samay Kundu said:

There has another Point I wanna go with Intel is because the iGPU.. right now I don't have money for a decent gpu.. As I won't do gaming I think regular tasks would be done with iGPU.. 

And for cheaper option I think Ryzen 5 3600 with a low end GPU wouldn't be worth it! 

What's your budget?  If you want it strictly for music production let us help build out a system for you.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Samay Kundu said:

the intel gpu is extremely slow so even a used 20$ gpu would be vastly superior. if longevity is what you want, get a 3700X. its better in every way possible

4 minutes ago, Samay Kundu said:

Well you can get a gpu with that 100$. Even with Intel you should be better off with 8400/9400 and an rx570/gtx1060 than only 8700 in Premiere.

5 minutes ago, Velcade said:

What's your budget?  If you want it strictly for music production let us help build out a system for you.

My budget for the cpu + mobo is $450 ( converted to Indian currency which is almost around 33k in India..) 

8 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

Well you can get a gpu with that 100$. Even with Intel you should be better off with 8400/9400 and an rx570/gtx1060 than only 8700 in Premiere.

No no.. ?? With iGPU I won't do anything but regular tasks... 

After 3-4months I'll add 1060/1660 for premiere Pro..! 

So then i7 8700 would be good choice!? 

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

the intel gpu is extremely slow so even a used 20$ gpu would be vastly superior. if longevity is what you want, get a 3700X. its better in every way possible

In my country 3700x and i7 9700k is almost same.. Just 2-3k extra for i7! 

16 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

The main thing with Premiere Pro is that when you're editing it, all the tools you the application uses are "single core" and you use multiple of tools making it "multi-threaded" but only having the multi-threaded doesn't help as it will hinder the performance of said tools for their dependency on single core (and a code that likes high frequencies).

Another major difference is since these tools are single core but then must result in the whole project Intel's hyper low latency Ring Bus also aids for the "snappier" feeling and performance as a whole.

All of this is also disregarding how you can use the iGPU for QuickSync hardware acceleration (which is stackable with CUDA/OpenCL) to improve exporting, rendering and so on... the i7 8700K at 5ghz will perform on pair with the TR1950X when rendering on Premiere Pro when you have iGPU QuickSync hardware acceleration enable.

So it really isn't trying to be fanboy for Intel and recommend it when "Zen 2 best workstation CPUs evah" hype train is every where... it's just about the right hardware for the right software.

Yeah, I didn't know how much of a difference QuickSync made, haven't looked into it much, that's why I asked. AMD is better on the single core, but I don't think they're as low latency, and no quicksync support. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

16 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Please check my total build.. And suggest me something if I need.. 

Cpu: i7 8700

Motherboard : Asus TUF B365m plus gaming

Ram : Corsai Vengeance Lpx 3000mhz c16 8GBx2 (I've already bought this) 

Storage 1: Crucial p1 500gb / Intel 660p 512gb

*will add 970 evo plus in future.. 

Storage 2: Seagate 1tb 7200rpm just for restore movies..

Portable Seagate 2tb back up.. 

PSU : Masterwatt 550 semi modular or Corsair CX550 non modular.. 

Case : I already Have Master 590 iii

UPS : APC 600VA..

will add a decent GPU and Hyper 212 later.. 

please check this out.. And suggest me if anything would be better at same price range..! 

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

AMD is better on the single core, but I don't think they're as low latency, and no quicksync support. 

It is true the Zen 2 IPC edges out Coffee Lake by a small margin, but the issue with Zen 2 is the chiplet design powered by Infinity Fabric, even on current state where you can overclock its frequency Ring Bus represents a muuuuuchhh lower lantency.

This isn't just beneficial to software coded to take advantage of it like Adobe does a lot, it's also one of the current main reasons why Intel is still faster in gaming at the end of the day.

Also QuickSync is a godsend for productivity on it, there are a few quality issues for streaming with it when using solely the iGPU to encode but if you're just exporting and rendering using it to assist the CPU and GPU the results are pristine.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

14 minutes ago, Samay Kundu said:

No need for the 970 Evo+ as it is an overpriced SSD, for the money either the P1 or 660p will do just fine... if you want further reliability and TLC memory however I highly recommend checking the Sabrent Rocket or the HP EX950.

14 minutes ago, Samay Kundu said:

PSU : Masterwatt 550 semi modular or Corsair CX550 non modular.

The CX550 Grey Label is more reliable.

That aside the build is perfectly solid for what you'll do.

Personal Desktop":

2 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

No need for the 970 Evo+ as it is an overpriced SSD, for the money either the P1 or 660p will do just fine... if you want further reliability and TLC memory however I highly recommend checking the Sabrent Rocket or the HP EX950.

The CX550 Green Label is more reliable.

CX Green?! What? No. CX Grey is good. CX Green is horrible.

7 minutes ago, Samay Kundu said:

Please check my total build.. And suggest me something if I need.. 

Cpu: i7 8700

Motherboard : Asus TUF B365m plus gaming

Ram : Corsai Vengeance Lpx 3000mhz c16 8GBx2 (I've already bought this) 

Storage 2: Seagate 1tb 7200rpm just for restore movies..

Portable Seagate 2tb back up.. 

PSU : Masterwatt 550 semi modular or Corsair CX550 non modular.. 

Case : I already Have Master 590 iii

UPS : APC 600VA..

will add a decent GPU and Hyper 212 later.. 

please check this out.. And suggest me if anything would be better at same price range..! 

Get a Cooler Master MWE Gold or Corsair RMx if you want the best longevity for the price - don't cheap out on the power supply. Also, the Intel 660p is a slow and mediocre SSD and I'd suggest getting a better one like a Samsung EVO or Crucial NVMe drive.

Also -get a WD Red drive - MUCH more reliable than the Seagates

2 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

The CX550 Green Label is more reliable.

Thanks a lot.. 

That's mean I don't have to worry about 4-5years with this build.. ? 

Do you have any better motherboard recommendation at this price? 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Get a Cooler Master MWE Gold or Corsair RMx if you want the best longevity for the price - don't cheap out on the power supply. Also, the Intel 660p is a slow and mediocre SSD and I'd suggest getting a better one like a Samsung EVO or Crucial NVMe drive.

Also -get a WD Red drive - MUCH more reliable than the Seagates

Okay I would try as RM series are more expensive.. And Crucial p1 I think the one you're saying..? And for the HDD I already bought Seagate on Prime Day sale.. No problem next time I'll get an WD red..! 

2 minutes ago, Samay Kundu said:

Thanks a lot.. 

That's mean I don't have to worry about 4-5years with this build.. ? 

Do you have any better motherboard recommendation at this price? 

It would be helpful to know where you're live, but there's nothing wrong with that motherboard.

A side note I did meant to say "Grey" my bad... doing a lot at once we end up confusing here and there.

You're welcome!

Personal Desktop":

Just now, Samay Kundu said:

Okay I would try as RM series are more expensive.. And Crucial p1 I think the one you're saying..? And for the HDD I already bought Seagate on Prime Day sale.. No problem next time I'll get an WD red..! 

There is nothing to worry, Seagate has very reliable drives as well, nowadays there's not much difference from WD and Seagate on reliability as the technology advanced to a point it's fairly "six for half a dozen"

Personal Desktop":

1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

There is nothing to worry, Seagate has very reliable drives as well, nowadays there's not much difference from WD and Seagate on reliability as the technology advanced to a point it's fairly "six for half a dozen"

I'm just asking.. On Userbenchmark i5 9600k is more faster than i7 8700! 

Does it matter on real time stock performance? 

12 minutes ago, Samay Kundu said:

I'm just asking.. On Userbenchmark i5 9600k is more faster than i7 8700! 

Does it matter on real time stock performance? 

The i7 8700 rapes the i5 9600K.

Userbenchmark is not a reliable tool to check this kind of information.

The i7 8700 has more cache and HT and clocks the same to the 9600K at stock.

Personal Desktop":

Adding a little more to the subject; if you are looking for an HDD that has a little more resistance then look in the specifications for a data called "power-on hours", basically the consumer HDDs are made to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week, but there are others that will be able to stay on 24 hours a day, 365 days a year as the BarraCuda Pro for example. If the "power-on hours" says 8760 (total hours in one year) then it is most likely that that HDD resists more than one normal HDD that does not have that characteristic.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming