Ryzen 3000 benchmarks for Fortnite?

Rxd

A friend wants to get the 3900x but I am trying to prove him that even the 3600 would be more than enough. Is there any benchmarks results from a big name to prove him that?

3 hours ago, Rxd said:

A friend wants to get the 3900x but I am trying to prove him that even the 3600 would be more than enough. Is there any benchmarks results from a big name to prove him that

The 3900x and the 3600 do not serve the same purposes.  You can just use task manager to prove it to him.  The 3900x has 12 cores 24 threads.  When you run the game see how many cores are consumed by the game if it doesn't exceed 12 (as the 3600 is a 6 core 12 thread CPU) then the 3900x extra cores would be pointless in that workload.

If your friend wants to do anything except gaming then it becomes a more complicated scenario.

You can also look up Cinebench's single thread IPC tests, you'll find that the 3600 and 3900x will have roughly the same single Core IPC.

The 3900x applications revolve around virtualization, video editing, game development, general development, CAD software, and other workstation like activities.

You should probably clarify if this is a new build or a build being upgraded upon.

1 minute ago, phoenixflower said:

you'll find that the 3600 and 3900x will have roughly the same single Core IPC

Well technically they have the exact same IPC

But the 3900X has higher clocks, for slightly increased single threaded performance

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Well technically they have the exact same IPC

The silicon lottery dictates that they will be similar, and under the provided VRMs the 3600 will experience much higher sustained overclocks then the 3900x due to the fact that there's more room to do so.  The 3600 has less cores, which means less overall power draw this in turn leads to less work for the VRMs to do and allowing for a much higher overclock ceiling.

Don't be fooled by the numbers on the box.  The 4.6 Ghz boost will not come into play if you have 4 threads at work (which fortnight will use).  Then there's the whole ccx thing which is a whole new bag of worms.

1 minute ago, phoenixflower said:

The silicon lottery dictates that they will be similar, and under the provided VRMs the 3600 will experience much higher sustained overclocks then the 3900x due to the fact that there's more room to do so.  The 3600 has less cores, which means less overall power draw this in turn leads to less work for the VRMs to do and allowing for a much higher overclock ceiling.

Don't be fooled by the numbers on the box.  The 4.6 Ghz boost will not come into play if you have 4 threads at work (which fortnight will use).  Then there's the whole ccx thing which is a whole new bag of worms.

Well, generally speaking the 3900X will be a higher bin so there's likely to be a higher boost from PBO

But still not worth the vast increase in cost for gaming only

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Well, generally speaking the 3900X will be a higher bin so there's likely to be a higher boost from PBO

But still not worth the vast increase in cost for gaming only

Yes, the 3900x will be on average be higher binned and will experience a higher boost sometimes when you're in a 4-8 thread workload.  After 8 threads it just kinda gets stuck at 4.2 (which is fine!)

I also concur with fasauce about the vast increase in price.  Especially because the price difference is enough to put you into another GPU price bracket (which will directly increase FPS).

If he is only playing games then getting the 3900x even if it was possible at the moment would be a waste of time..

3600 would be fine of course if he is just gaming and nothing else.. if he does a lot of streaming as well then maybe the 3700x would be a better choice.. now if he games, streams and does other stuff like video editing or graphics design stuff on the side then sure go for the 3900x

What GPU is he running? I could record some numbers and maybe capture a video. I am running a gtx 1080 tho.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430