GTA 5 exiting for no reason

Hi guys

I just installed GTA 5 on my HDD

I had it on my SSD but I decided it was taking up too much space. I uninstalled it using the disk, removed social club and did a proper clean install on my HDD

I downloaded all of the updates but now it just craps out and exits for no reason every time I try to play it (after about 10 minutes)

Nothing is overheating

Please help me

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Yasin40 said:

Hi guys

I had it on my SSD but I decided it was taking up too much space. I uninstalled it using the disk, removed social club and did a proper clean install on my HDD

I downloaded all of the updates but now it just craps out and exits for no reason every time I try to play it (after about 10 minutes)

Nothing is overheating

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Grab DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" and run it in safe mode if possible then do a clean and restart.  Now back into normal mode install the latest video drivers.  Also it helps if you state your specs and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

Grab DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" and run it in safe mode if possible then do a clean and restart.  Now back into normal mode install the latest video drivers.  Also it helps if you state your specs and what not.

I already did a DDU recently because I upgraded to a 1070Ti recently (of course I also installed the latest drivers)

I also have a Ryzen 5 1600 with 16GB 3200MHz

6 minutes ago, Yasin40 said:

Hi guys

Nothing is overheating

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Did u Oc ur gpu/cpu Gta 5 is well known for hating any kind of oc if not and it worked before maybe ur harddisk is beeing strange do u have other games on that harddrive do they work fine ? 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

Did u Oc ur gpu/cpu Gta 5 is well known for hating any kind of oc if not and it worked before maybe ur harddisk is beeing strange do u have other games on that harddrive do they work fine ? 

My R5 1600 is OC'd to 3.8Ghz but it never goes over 80 degrees (never over 70 in games) and my 1070Ti is overclocked to 1962Mhz but I've been using this exact config (on an SSD) for about 3 weeks without any issue. The CPU has been overclocked for over 2 years now and has never experienced any issues

1 minute ago, Yasin40 said:

My R5 1600 is OC'd to 3.8Ghz but it never goes over 80 degrees (never over 70 in games) and my 1070Ti is overclocked to 1962Mhz but I've been using this exact config (on an SSD) for about 3 weeks without any issue. The CPU has been overclocked for over 2 years now and has never experienced any issues

If this is the case then something got botched going from SSD to HD or the steps you took.  Just uninstall it and reinstall it to your SSD like it was before and let us know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Yasin40 said:

Well maybe now its a prob its not about temps etc gta 5 just hates any kind of oc and just crashes without any warning after some time like u said just for a test undo all oc settings cpu/gpu and run the game and see if it still crashes 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

Well maybe now its a prob its not about temps etc gta 5 just hates any kind of oc and just crashes without any warning after some time like u said just for a test undo all oc settings cpu/gpu and run the game and see if it still crashes 

I'll be sure to try that if nothing else works

Thanks for the recommendation

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

If this is the case then something got botched going from SSD to HD or the steps you took.  Just uninstall it and reinstall it to your SSD like it was before and let us know.

That takes about an entire day due to the CD install time and the 29GB update you have to do so that would really suck to have to do again

1 minute ago, Yasin40 said:

That takes about an entire day due to the CD install time and the 29GB update you have to do so that would really suck to have to do again

Oh I was assuming you got it from steam.. fak...... Something is botched.  I think you have no choice but to uninstall her and install her back into the SSD and see what happens.

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Oh I was assuming you got it from steam.. fak...... Something is botched.  I think you have no choice but to uninstall her and install her back into the SSD and see what happens.

That super sucks :/

Just now, Yasin40 said:

I know my friend, but we have no choice.  Im not going to point a finger at your hardward as it is fine.  This GTA5 got botched pretty much.  Its ok I know it sux to install her again but we have no choice.  Back to the way it was ya know.

Just now, Yasin40 said:

Just try the oc stuff first thats done pretty fast just note ur settings so u can go back to what u had if it does not help 

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

I know my friend, but we have no choice.  Im not going to point a finger at your hardward as it is fine.  This GTA5 got botched pretty much.  Its ok I know it sux to install her again but we have no choice.  Back to the way it was ya know.

Why are u so sure its a dmg install it crashes random at random points in the game not at a fixed point thats what makes it strange