SATA power cables for PSU

Erfurt

Hey,

I was wondering if it's possible to use three SATA power cables on a Corsair TX650M, when it only comes with 2 SATA power cables, and a MOLEX cable? I have some additional SATA power cables from another build, that uses the same PSU just higher wattages.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to use my old rig for a small NAS/Plex server, and it needs a new PSU. It's not going to use a lot of wattages, but I do have a fair amount of drives for storage, so I either need to get some MOLEX to SATA power adapters, or if it's possible use three SATA power cable. I don't think that it would be a problem, as both SATA and MOLEX can be plugged into the same port on the PSU, but I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

1 minute ago, emosun said:

yeah its fine , sata drives only use a few watts each

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but it's always nice get some confirmation :)

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

18 minutes ago, Erfurt said:

Hey,

I was wondering if it's possible to use three SATA power cables on a Corsair TX650M, when it only comes with 2 SATA power cables, and a MOLEX cable? I have some additional SATA power cables from another build, that uses the same PSU just higher wattages.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to use my old rig for a small NAS/Plex server, and it needs a new PSU. It's not going to use a lot of wattages, but I do have a fair amount of drives for storage, so I either need to get some MOLEX to SATA power adapters, or if it's possible use three SATA power cable. I don't think that it would be a problem, as both SATA and MOLEX can be plugged into the same port on the PSU, but I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

Yes as long as you are 100% SURE the cables are compatible with your current power supply. If they are not you risk killing whatever you plug into it.

14 minutes ago, MineParker101 said:

Yes as long as you are 100% SURE the cables are compatible with your current power supply. If they are not you risk killing whatever you plug into it.

I am 100% sure, that they are :)