New PC won’t boot please help

Gauzl

So I’ve setup my new PC with a 9700k , ASUS TUF Z-370, 16GB DDR4 ram (bought these 3 components as a bundle), a 128gb SSD as a boot drive and a 1TB SSD for storage (both still have everything from my old build in them), a 2080ti and a custom water loop for the CPU and GPU in a fractal meshify S2. Not my first time building a PC and first time having this issue.

When I power on the system the LED’s on the motherboard (located at the bottom right of the motherboard and are just for show) light up and all fans start spinning however nothing more happens, I have a monitor plugged into the HDMI port on the motherboard and the monitor doesn’t even wake up.

CPU supplemental power is plugged in and CPU fan headers have fans plugged in which all work when I turn it on.

So far I have tried with and without the GPU and both SSD cards but no change

if i had to guess you may need to preform a bios update for that board to work with the 9th gen chips

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Sounds exactly like the CPU isn't recognized by the motherboard due to an out of date BIOS.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

if i had to guess you may need to preform a bios update for that board to work with the 9th gen chips

Should I just put in my 6700k and get it running so I can download the new update?

2 minutes ago, Gauzl said:

Should I just put in my 6700k and get it running so I can download the new update?

The Z370 motherboards are not compatible with 6700k (6th gen) processors.

16 minutes ago, Gauzl said:

So I’ve setup my new PC with a 9700k , ASUS TUF Z-370, 16GB DDR4 ram (bought these 3 components as a bundle)

It would be pretty sucky if they're bundling 9th gen CPUs with Z370 motherboards that haven't been BIOS updated to support the 9th gen CPUs. Where did you buy it from?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

The Z370 motherboards are not compatible with 6700k (6th gen) processors.

It would be pretty sucky if they're bundling 9th gen CPUs with Z370 motherboards that haven't been BIOS updated to support the 9th gen CPUs. Where did you buy it from?

PC Case Gear in Australia

First try pulling the motherboard out of the case, disassembling everything. Reseat the CPU in the socket and check for any socket damage. Test the system with just the CPU, memory, and power supply with the monitor hooked up to the motherboard display outputs.

If it still doesn't work then you might need to get in contact with PCCG.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 8/14/2019 at 10:40 PM, Gauzl said:

So I’ve setup my new PC with a 9700k , ASUS TUF Z-370, 16GB DDR4 ram (bought these 3 components as a bundle), a 128gb SSD as a boot drive and a 1TB SSD for storage (both still have everything from my old build in them), a 2080ti and a custom water loop for the CPU and GPU in a fractal meshify S2. Not my first time building a PC and first time having this issue.

When I power on the system the LED’s on the motherboard (located at the bottom right of the motherboard and are just for show) light up and all fans start spinning however nothing more happens, I have a monitor plugged into the HDMI port on the motherboard and the monitor doesn’t even wake up.

CPU supplemental power is plugged in and CPU fan headers have fans plugged in which all work when I turn it on.

So far I have tried with and without the GPU and both SSD cards but no change

I had the same problem with almost the exact same setup (except I have a 2060, not 2080ti). It was the mobo bios, it wasn’t recognizing the 9th gen cpu or the graphics card. I had to go to the Asus website to download the updated bios for cpu and gpu, and it worked. Hope it works for you