Motherboard Recommendations.

I am looking at getting a amd ryzen 7 3700x and am wondering what the best motherboard would be to get with this. I would like to try to spend around 300 or so but I can go slightly higher. I have an evga geforce 1050ti and 16g of corsair vengeance 2666hz ram. Any recommendations?

Gaming oriented or productivity?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Gaming mostly but I do occasional video editing.

Just now, fasauceome said:

Gaming oriented or productivity?

Gaming mostly but I do occasional video editing. 

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I'd say an X470 Strix. Also look into a new GPU.

Can't update the bios of that.... 

I would just say go for any x570 board, should be in the budget.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Can't update the bios of that.... 

I would just say go for any x570 board, should be in the budget.

Just ask the vendor to update it. Most will do it for you.

14 minutes ago, Vemzy said:

I am looking at getting a amd ryzen 7 3700x and am wondering what the best motherboard would be to get with this. I would like to try to spend around 300 or so but I can go slightly higher. I have an evga geforce 1050ti and 16g of corsair vengeance 2666hz ram. Any recommendations?

Don't. Upgrade your GPU and ram first, because you say you are gaming oriented. Get at least 3200MHz 16gb ram, and as for gpu, it's up to you, on what fps ur looking for on what games u plau

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

Ya, you are probably going to want a better video at some point, but if your current cpu won't benefit from it that is kind of pointless.

Are you saying you can afford 300 dollars for just a motherboard, or you actually want to spend that much money on a motherboard? There are cheaper options for sure. You could get a less expensive motherboard and ram instead. And a nice cooler if you need one.

If you really want to spend 300 on a motherboard just throw a dart at any of the x570 offerings in the 300 dollar range and pick one. For the most part they are pretty equal at that price point. Unless there is a certain feature you want, like maybe one has wifi and one doesn't or something.

Yeah I currently have an i5 6500 in it right now so I am looking to just get something better. I just have around a 300 dollar budget but i'm fine with getting something cheaper so I can upgrade ram as well.

I would look at b450 or x470 boards then, that would cut that 300 dollars in half depending on what you go with. If you wanted to stay with a x570 board maybe look at the auros elite for 200 bucks.